Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Grand Opening
williams2008 10:41 AM 03-26-2013
For those of you who have a separate space for your daycare business, did you have a grand opening? My CPA mentioned that I should have one, but I don't know if I really want to
allsmiles 10:45 AM 03-26-2013
hi!! no advice, but ive been looking for updates on your new day care space.. so excited!! when will opening day be?? the landlord was pretty cool with everything huh? awesome!!
mamac 10:46 AM 03-26-2013
Originally Posted by williams2008:
For those of you who have a separate space for your daycare business, did you have a grand opening? My CPA mentioned that I should have one, but I don't know if I really want to
If you have spaces available I think it would be a great idea. Maybe even do an open house type of thing on the weekend or after hours. Why not show off the new space? It would be a great way to get the word out and maybe even add some new people to your waiting list if you're already full. I say go for it!
williams2008 10:57 AM 03-26-2013
Originally Posted by allsmiles:
hi!! no advice, but ive been looking for updates on your new day care space.. so excited!! when will opening day be?? the landlord was pretty cool with everything huh? awesome!!
My opening day is April 1st and I'm so excited!!!

Yes my landlord was extremely cool about everything, he's even fencing the backyard for me!
williams2008 11:05 AM 03-26-2013
Originally Posted by mamac:
If you have spaces available I think it would be a great idea. Maybe even do an open house type of thing on the weekend or after hours. Why not show off the new space? It would be a great way to get the word out and maybe even add some new people to your waiting list if you're already full. I say go for it!
I have 2 spaces open since I just termed 2 people and I definitely could add some more people to my waiting list Thanks!
blandino 12:11 PM 03-26-2013
We moved into our seperate house for daycare in January, and we had an "open house" on a Sunday afternoon. We had lemonade and cookies. I beleive it lasted about 3 hours, and most people wound up staying the majority of the time. The kids got to play in the new yard, and parents enjoyed chatting and getting to know each other. I even had a few comments about how much the parents enjoyed the time, and getting to know each other.

It was very stressful, since we had to move mostly everything over a weekend (for our licensor), so to cut Sunday in half was a lot of time to lose. But it was definitely worth it.
LK5kids 12:18 PM 03-26-2013
I am in a separate space and will licensed in May. I have considered an open house, but I don't seem to have the energy to hold one.

Also, part of it is my past job......at a family agency. We would have open houses and it would be a no show. So do I really want to bother?

I should really just do it.
williams2008 12:58 PM 03-26-2013
Originally Posted by blandino:
We moved into our seperate house for daycare in January, and we had an "open house" on a Sunday afternoon. We had lemonade and cookies. I beleive it lasted about 3 hours, and most people wound up staying the majority of the time. The kids got to play in the new yard, and parents enjoyed chatting and getting to know each other. I even had a few comments about how much the parents enjoyed the time, and getting to know each other.

It was very stressful, since we had to move mostly everything over a weekend (for our licensor), so to cut Sunday in half was a lot of time to lose. But it was definitely worth it.
Hopefully I will have everything completed at the new space this evening. If so I'm thinking of having one this Sunday!
williams2008 01:03 PM 03-26-2013
Originally Posted by LK5kids:
I am in a separate space and will licensed in May. I have considered an open house, but I don't seem to have the energy to hold one.

Also, part of it is my past job......at a family agency. We would have open houses and it would be a no show. So do I really want to bother?

I should really just do it.
I would hate to have all my hard work and planning go down the drain because no one showed up
mamac 03:37 PM 03-26-2013
I would hate to have all my hard work and planning go down the drain because no one showed up
Maybe you could invite your current clients? Let them know you are having an open house and that the kids could have a "free play" day for them and the parents could get together and socialize for a bit? Plan for simple refreshments for everyone. That could work in your favor, too, if you have happy clients there to recommend how wonderful a provider you are! Worst case scenario if nobody shows at least everyone gets to know each other "off the clock".
williams2008 05:44 AM 03-27-2013
Originally Posted by mamac:
Maybe you could invite your current clients? Let them know you are having an open house and that the kids could have a "free play" day for them and the parents could get together and socialize for a bit? Plan for simple refreshments for everyone. That could work in your favor, too, if you have happy clients there to recommend how wonderful a provider you are! Worst case scenario if nobody shows at least everyone gets to know each other "off the clock".
That sounds good! Thanks
Springdaze 05:51 AM 03-27-2013
I would do it, make it so you dont get stressed. offer cookies and juice and maybe a craft table. you can mingle and chat
williams2008 05:54 AM 03-27-2013
Originally Posted by Springdaze:
I would do it, make it so you dont get stressed. offer cookies and juice and maybe a craft table. you can mingle and chat

originalkat 07:50 AM 03-28-2013
Let us know how the open house goes! I would love to see pictures of your new space!
sarahhardy2711 09:29 AM 03-28-2013
Hopefully I will have everything completed at the new space this evening. If so I'm thinking of having one this Sunday!
This Sunday is Easter Sunday, not sure how many people would show up since it's a holiday. But I think it's a great idea
williams2008 10:46 AM 03-28-2013
Originally Posted by sarahhardy2711:
This Sunday is Easter Sunday, not sure how many people would show up since it's a holiday. But I think it's a great idea
it sure is! Can you tell I have been way to busy???
williams2008 10:47 AM 03-28-2013
Originally Posted by originalkat:
Let us know how the open house goes! I would love to see pictures of your new space!
I will definitely be posting pictures this weekend! As for the open house, I'm still undecided about it.
originalkat 10:51 AM 03-28-2013
I love to see daycare set-ups!
Tags:grand opening, opening
Reply Up