Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Today’s The Day I Tell My Families!
Springdaze 04:30 AM 12-02-2013
I am trying not to be nervous! I have decided to start subbing and today I have to tell my families! I only have 2 but one is my husbands friend from HS and the other is the best family I have ever had! I am going to keep it short and sweet and try to remember its about me this time, not worry about whether they are going to get mad. I will be giving them 30 days IF I tell them today so I cant chicken out! Kinda feel like I am taking a leap after 9 years but I did the same to open my daycare, so I can do it again.
butterfly 05:17 AM 12-02-2013
Congrats to a new adventure.
TheGoodLife 06:09 AM 12-02-2013
Congrats and good luck! I still sub some days (I am unlicensed and only have 1 on Mondays when my husband is home)- I make more in that one day than I make in one 40+ hour week of daycare for one child I hope it is busy and you get a lot of jobs! Good luck informing your families, I hope they are understanding and make it an easy transition for you.
slorey 06:57 AM 12-02-2013
Good luck! I am considering making the same jump very soon. Would be giving notice today if I could decide what I definitely want to do. Just when I convince myself to do it, I second guess that plan and talk myself out of it Hope you get called for lots of jobs!
Springdaze 07:11 AM 12-02-2013
I have been going back and forth for a few years. I need to do it now so I can try to get 20 years teaching in before I retire! My kids are older, only one needs care now and I want to do something a little different. I am also wondering if I should take a day off during the 30 days. I have to take a training class and was going to wait til I close and do it right after, but now I want to do it before! I need to stop thinking of others and do what I need to do!

I will be bringing home about the same as I am now IF I work everyday with paying for care for my son, but the school districts don't see 18 years of teaching preschool as experience so I need to sub!
Reply Up