Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thinking About Terminating dcg
cherryhill 01:16 PM 08-23-2010
I have been watching this little girl who is now 20 months since Jan. She had a nanny and only napped if you held her. I do not hold her, I lay her in a pack n play and let her CIO it's about 5-10minutes but she only sleeps for 30 to 40 minutes a day. She wakes up grouchy and hit and bites the other kids because of it. I have talked to her mom numerous times about the biting the mom claims she does not act out at home only at daycare. In fact I stopped letting her nap with the other kids because she wakes up to fast and yells as if she is being hurt and wakes the other kids up so instead of a 2 hour nap it is a 30 nap for everyone, so she has to stay with me from 1-3 and I do not get a break.

Her parents also pay late. My payment is due every Monday morning and they usually blame it on each other and I get payment that evening. They are late to pick up on most Fridays not just 5-10mins. but closer to 45minutes late. I am just tired of dealing with her constant crying all day and parents who have no respect for my business. Am I overreacting?
grandmom 03:04 PM 08-23-2010
Try to be proactive on all points. It's hard in this business, because we're in the business of caring for people. Your customers will expect exactly what you allow them to get away with.

Try to put the child down later than the others. I'd put her in another room. My really noisy one is awake now, and in another room. Making lots of noise, but not waking anyone up. Of course she doesn't act up at home. She isn't with that many other children.

Plan something this Friday that requires you to leave on time. Then tell the parents you need to leave. Tell them today so they can get their plan together. Also ask on Friday who will be dropping off on Monday. Ask them to make sure to bring the check. I made a sign that I hang up that says PAYDAY and PAYDAY TOMORROW. It works.
cherryhill 04:25 PM 08-23-2010
Thanks for the reply and advice grandmom, I really should start planning something on Friday and let them know ahead of time. It may work. It kind of sucks that I have to do that. I guess it is my fault for letting it go on this long.
The little girl is up and crying next to me because she is exhausted. I did lay her down again a little later when the other kids were up but she just cried the whole time. I work with her here on naps but not sure if I am really helping because her mom lays down with her for naps and bedtime so I will just keep working with her.

thanks
HeatherB 04:28 PM 08-23-2010
Will she CIO again after waking up from the 30 min nap.. I would leave her alone for a bit to see if she falls back to sleep. She probably knows that you will come rescue her as soon as she wakes from a short cat nap and crys. About the late payment... say MOnday morning if they forget payment... add on addtional money. Let them know.. Say well since you forgot the tuition this morning please pay me 10 more at pick up.. I bet they wont forgetmuch after that.
Tags:late payment, terminate
Reply Up