Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Read/Feedback on My Handbook?
Hunni Bee 02:21 PM 07-15-2012
I have mostly finished my handbook. There's some things that aren't there (insurance, emergency plans, etc) because I'm not actually in my space yet so I'm sure of the specifics of those yet.

Also it says has preemptive information ("IS a licensed family day home", etc) because I fully plan on those things being true. If I am not licensed by the time I open, I will surely change that info before the first PHB is distributed. (btw you can be unlicensed in my state)

Also, it kind of felt like I was jumping the gun by doing my handbook before I do a lot of other things, but it was immensely helpful in deciding my set up and gave me a much clearer picture of what I'm going to do.

Thanks Blackcat, your PHB was very helpful to me . Nothing is copyrighted, so if anyone wants to "lift" bits and pieces from it thats fine, but I DO NOT give anyone permission to copy my Welcome, Mission, or the entire handbook.

Without further rambling from me, I appreciate all critique of my PHB. Thanks
Truly Scrumptious 02:53 PM 07-15-2012
Your contract deals only with time and money and should be seperate from your policies per Tom Copeland's advice.

I like your opening statement and your little bio...oh also, I was told years ago that you shouldn't broadcast that you have liability insurance....maybe you could ask Tom Copeland what he thinks.
Hunni Bee 05:35 PM 07-15-2012
Originally Posted by Truly Scrumptious:
Your contract deals only with time and money and should be seperate from your policies per Tom Copeland's advice.

I like your opening statement and your little bio...oh also, I was told years ago that you shouldn't broadcast that you have liability insurance....maybe you could ask Tom Copeland what he thinks.
The actual contract will be separate...that part in the handbook just tells them what to expect in the contract. Should I remove that?

Thanks for your feedback!
Blackcat31 05:47 PM 07-15-2012
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
The actual contract will be separate...that part in the handbook just tells them what to expect in the contract. Should I remove that?

Thanks for your feedback!
I think your handbook looks great! As far as the contract things being mentioned in the handbook and then again in a separate contract, I think that it can't hurt to say things more than once....especially when it comes to money and expectations of payment.

Originally Posted by Truly Scrumptious:
oh also, I was told years ago that you shouldn't broadcast that you have liability insurance....maybe you could ask Tom Copeland what he thinks.
We are required by licensing laws/regs in my state to say that we have liability insurance and if we choose not to have it, we have to tell parents that as well and have them sign a statement saying we told them we don't have it.

Hunni Bee...I would check your state regs regarding that just to be sure.
Truly Scrumptious 06:01 PM 07-15-2012
I didn't think about it being different from state to state about the insurance....as much as TN makes us do, I can't believe we're not required to make parents sign something as well.

I agree with Blackcat...the more you repeat things to parents the better!
Reply Up