Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Things We Teach Our Kids...
Kabob 07:06 PM 06-30-2014
Today I hit my funny bone so hard that it wasn't funny...and as I hopped around and whimpered in pain, the kids watched me silently for a moment and then 2 yo ds grabbed my arm and asked where my owie was then kissed my elbow to make it "all better" followed by a hug from 2 yo dcg. It was a nice gesture that took me by surprise. I'm hoping this means they are learning something after all.

Just thought I'd share since sometimes it's easy to lose sight of how much of an impact we have on the daycare kids...
craftymissbeth 07:32 PM 06-30-2014
Aw that's sweet!
SignMeUp 07:33 PM 06-30-2014
That is so sweet
And yes, they are learning compassion from you
TickleMonster 07:33 PM 06-30-2014
Very sweet!! Thanks for sharing
Kabob 08:15 AM 07-01-2014
It's funny how parents I interview are asking if I have a preschool curriculum for their 2 yo and yet fail to realize that their child could really benefit from learning social and self-help skills. No way they will do well in school if they are screaming and hitting the other kids,can't wait their turn, can't put on their shoes, or need help wiping their nose/butt/hands.

mamamanda 09:42 AM 07-01-2014
I was stretching my back today as its bothering me & dcb 2.5 who gives me so much trouble came up & patted me and asked, "Are you hurt?" His tone was so sweet like mine when they got hurt. It was a good reminder for me as well. We are getting through to them even when we don't feel like we are.
sahm1225 12:29 PM 07-01-2014
Awwwe!! How sweet!

It must be the boo-boo of the day. I banged my funny bone against the window sill today (yea, it took lots of talent to bend down justbrightvso my arm is above me & hit it right on the perfect spot lol).
Reply Up