Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ikea Mammut Tables
small_steps 08:44 PM 06-16-2012
Does anyone use these for their daycare tables? I think they are so cute and want to get some but haven't found many reviews on them from daycare providers.
Here is a link to what I'm talking about http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70169533/
Thanks in advance.

cheerfuldom 08:46 PM 06-16-2012
I really love everything from Ikea as far as the look and price goes! I dont have any experience with those tables but it almost seems like maybe they wouldnt be sturdy enough? all our furniture gets so much use, there are a lot of kid items that just wouldnt hold up here.
spud912 11:29 PM 06-16-2012
I've seen a lot of home daycares on Craigslist with those tables. I own a lot of Ikea stuff and can't say enough about the strength and longevity. My main issue with those tables is that they are too small for me. I ended up getting a table from Discount School Supply and it is extremely solid (more so than anything I've ever seen). I can even stand on it!

This Ikea table is super cute though! I really like the chairs that go with it too.
Blackcat31 07:15 AM 06-17-2012
I loved the style as well but since there is no Ikea near me, I did the next best thing and had DH copy the look and make me one.

I am sure it is 100x's more durable and sturdy than the Ikea one so I am happy!
youretooloud 11:13 AM 06-17-2012
We use one. It's held up very well for a little over three years. No scratches or stains. (it's really for only two kids though)

It's not as heavy as a solid table, but it's never been a huge problem. The crawlers like to push it around while they practice their walking skills. That's really the most annoying thing about it.

I don't use the chairs that they sell with it. I already had preschool chairs.

Their basic $20 high chair is good too. I really like all things Ikea. My kids are rough on everything, so I'm picky about what I'll spend money on, and their stuff holds up really well. I'd never buy any other kid dishes than from Ikea.
cheerfuldom 01:23 PM 06-17-2012
I agree that their basic high chairs are the best!
E Daycare 02:11 PM 06-17-2012
I use the round one in the kitchen. Cleans up good. The stools though, a no go unless it's on carpet floors or you put felt/rubber feet on them. My kids slide on the hardwood lol.

All my stuff is ikea. Cheap and I give no craps if someone destroys it. I'm painting a lack side table tonight with chalk paint. It's currently in their writing center as their writing table but needs some paint. So I figured why not chalk paint. For $7 I have 4 of them in my house. Lol
DaycareMama 02:11 PM 06-17-2012
I have one that I bought before doing daycare when my son was 3. He is now 14 and I have been using it in the daycare for 7 years.

I it!! I have used it for a computer table, doll house table and currently have two of the legs tied to my bigger preschool table. By doing this I have my littler kids sit at the ikea table with the ikea chairs that i have had just as long and they fit perfectly. Now all my kids sit together but have the proper size table for their age.

It has held up sooo well and I plan on getting another 11 years out of it.
WImom 03:59 PM 06-17-2012
The only thing bad about the chairs if you use them with it for meals is if someone spills and it gets on the chair is will go down through the legs. I used to use ikea chairs but they hard to keep clean with spills.

We have the table too but it's in my daughter's room (she uses it as a desk) and it's held up great for her arts and crafts.
Rachel 03:11 AM 06-18-2012
I have one of the round ones. It's at least 5 years old now and has held up great. At the moment it's actually in my yard, but I know when I bring it in and clean it up it will be good as new . My kids use it in the yard, I don't use it for daycare (company I work with provides a table).

I never used the stools or the ikea chairs. We already had chairs so I didn't buy new ones.
countrymom 06:30 AM 06-18-2012
I'm thinking of getting the round one. The table I'm using now seems to sag in the middle. I have the stools from ikea and love them, but I can't get over the fact that they dirty so easy. I have also have their basic high chairs and I love them so much. they stack so good.
daycare 08:17 AM 06-18-2012
Originally Posted by WImom:
The only thing bad about the chairs if you use them with it for meals is if someone spills and it gets on the chair is will go down through the legs. I used to use ikea chairs but they hard to keep clean with spills.

We have the table too but it's in my daughter's room (she uses it as a desk) and it's held up great for her arts and crafts.
not sure which chairs you hve, but I have the this table and chair set and there is no way for food to get into the legs of my chairs.

I love the tables and chairs. I have had them for almost 6 years. I did have to buy one new chair to be replaced. One of the DCK that was HUGE for his age used to lean back in it all the time pushing the front legs off the ground and the back eventually snapped off.

Other than that, I love the whole table and chair set..../easy clean up
CheekyChick 08:43 AM 06-18-2012
I used to have these prior to buying actual preschool (quality) tables. They are great! Sturdy yet light-weight (easy to move). The ONLY thing I don't like is they are hard to clean after using crayons and paint.
Sunshine44 09:03 AM 06-18-2012
I have one, fit four kids at the table, but it is small...no smaller than other tables like it (little tikes and such). I can stand on the table (I have!) and. It cleans great and has been great. Had it for a few years now.
MarinaVanessa 09:27 AM 06-18-2012
I'm glad that they're great because I was planning on getting one for my DC. They are very small but since we just need it to add it to the pretend center it will work just fine for us. I need something small for the kids. The kids have been using an old small wicker coffee table and I think it's time that we get a real table for the pretend area
Tags:ikea, tables
Reply Up