Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When the DCKs are Napping I.........
coolconfidentme 11:06 AM 10-09-2013
......., do all my paperwork, while drinking Pepsi max & eating trail mix.

What do you do?
Jack Sprat 11:08 AM 10-09-2013
crochet, do laundry, read, check this place out, and pray they all wake up happy and refreshed lol
butterfly 11:10 AM 10-09-2013
Oh, PEPSI! Oh how I miss you!! I gave it up about 6 weeks ago. (I was up to about a 2 liter a day! )

Nap time is spent online. or cutting out materials for our curriculum, foldinng laundry, planning supper, and praying everyone naps for the full nap time.
melilley 11:12 AM 10-09-2013
sit and relax while watching tv or getting on the computer and drink Coke and eat junk, on most days. Otherwise I do laundry or clean.
Maria2013 11:12 AM 10-09-2013
I eat my lunch and chat on different discussion boards
Hunni Bee 11:13 AM 10-09-2013
...bite my toenails.
Josiegirl 11:14 AM 10-09-2013
I turn around and say shhhhhh a million times.
butterfly 11:16 AM 10-09-2013
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I turn around and say shhhhhh a million times.
I do that too!
LK5kids 11:16 AM 10-09-2013
Clean up from lunch

Come here

Check out Facebook

Read the paper

Surf the net
nanglgrl 11:17 AM 10-09-2013
This is when I eat my bon bons and watch my soap operas of course! LOL, not really but do eat my lunch, get on the internet and do paperwork.
Maria2013 11:18 AM 10-09-2013
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
...bite my toenails.

coolconfidentme 11:20 AM 10-09-2013
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
...bite my toenails.
BAHAHAHAHA!!!!
My3cents 11:25 AM 10-09-2013
eat lunch if I have not with kids
come on here
sssshhhhhh a million times
paperwork
cleaning
prep work/planning
text
facebook/online games
anything else that needs to be done
MissAnn 11:33 AM 10-09-2013
Candy Crush!
Unregistered 11:38 AM 10-09-2013
Can't do any real cleaning during nap time. It wakes up the kids every time. I crochet, watch re runs, on here, FB. I try not to do dc related items during nap time Bc then I feel like I don't get a break!
MCC 11:48 AM 10-09-2013
I usually spend about 30 minutes with DD, then plop her down for her nap. I eat lunch, and then browse the web, watch TV, and prep PM snack.

Today my assistant is sanitizing the whole playroom while I sit on my butt on the couch...her idea, not mine
Heidi 12:04 PM 10-09-2013
Originally Posted by LK5kids:
Clean up from lunch

Come here

Check out Facebook

Read the paper

Surf the net
AND/OR....

If it's the last day of the work week, I make as much daycare stuff as possible disappear into the playroom and wash the floors on my hands and knees.

Fold laundry

Start dinner

Bake something for snack

Clean, clean, clean some more

Make phone calls

Make sure MMK is updated

Do my school work (taking 2 classes)
Blackcat31 12:12 PM 10-09-2013
Eat lunch with my DH

If the kids are still napping by the time he leaves...I do any paperwork I need to take care of and/or play on-line.

I have been reading a lot lately though as several of my favorite authors have released new books so I have quite a few waiting for attention...
LK5kids 12:14 PM 10-09-2013
Originally Posted by Heidi:
AND/OR....

If it's the last day of the work week, I make as much daycare stuff as possible disappear into the playroom and wash the floors on my hands and knees.

Fold laundry

Start dinner

Bake something for snack

Clean, clean, clean some more

Make phone calls

Make sure MMK is updated

Do my school work (taking 2 classes)
Ooooooops that reminds me... I am suppose to be baking oatmeal banana muffins! Thank you!
Meeko 03:26 PM 10-09-2013
Lunch with hubby and son..

....and BREATHE!
Brooksie 03:55 PM 10-09-2013
Workout, eat lunch, get ready for afternoon activities and then sit bak relax and surf pinterest!
Scout 03:55 PM 10-09-2013
Once they all fall asleep I nap too in the recliner in the same room. I never fall into a deep sleep and often yell out, "quiet, back on your cot, go tk the bathroom if you have to go," all with my eyes shut!
Sunshine75 05:31 PM 10-09-2013
Usually I check in with my kids, make lunch, clean and watch netflix for a break. I have two babies so I get a morning break and afternoon break. It is really nice since I am just getting back into the baby groove.
jenn 05:45 PM 10-09-2013
*check facebook
*check this forum
*check pinterest
*say 'get back on your mat" x1000 (I have a new one in training)
*work on homeschool lesson plans for my daughter, sometimes do a homeschool lesson
crunchymama 05:47 PM 10-09-2013
Cuddle with hubby on the couch before he goes to work, fold a load of laundry, sweep kitchen/dining/utility rooms, prep snack, get kids off bus.
melilley 06:00 PM 10-09-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Eat lunch with my DH

If the kids are still napping by the time he leaves...I do any paperwork I need to take care of and/or play on-line.

I have been reading a lot lately though as several of my favorite authors have released new books so I have quite a few waiting for attention...
You and your dh are so cute! I have seen on here quite a few times how you two eat lunch together and stuff. I it!
VTMom 07:52 PM 10-09-2013
...I'm supposed to be doing homework but usually checking this site, facebook and catching up on Candy Crush
blandino 08:41 PM 10-09-2013
Get some floor time in the baby room. They are normally up and active while my preschoolers are sleeping. It is so nice and quiet in there, I get to spend some quality time hanging out on the floor with them.

Check the forums.

Fill out daily reports.

Organize all kids stuff to go home.

Clean.
LoraJenkins 10:53 PM 10-09-2013
Fold some laundry
Clean up after lunch
Eat my lunch
Talk with DH on the phone
Shhhhhh kids a MILLION times
Knit or crochet
watch recorded shows
Start Dinner
pandamom 03:16 AM 10-10-2013
I work in a center.

Me and my coworkers drink coffee and some snacks while we work on lesson plans, the children's portfolios, updating our environment or deep cleaning parts of the room
Tdhmom 06:39 AM 10-10-2013
I'm supposed to be on my treadmill...but I've been talking myself out of it lately. I hate Aunt Flo!
So I've been catching up on a couple shows...oh and junk food. I love junk food especially when no one is around to judge me Hahahaha
Msdunny 06:44 AM 10-10-2013
Hang out with my 17 year old daughter.

Read

Come to this forum

Eat and drink coffee!!
renodeb 10:12 AM 10-10-2013
I watch tv, get online, sometimes start dinner. I try to have some kind of mental unplug time while there asleep. If my hubby is home I may drift off for a while (but never if Im home alone).
My3cents 11:04 AM 10-10-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Can't do any real cleaning during nap time. It wakes up the kids every time. I crochet, watch re runs, on here, FB. I try not to do dc related items during nap time Bc then I feel like I don't get a break!
I do cleaning when they are first starting to fall asleep. Dishes, sweep, wipe things down etc.. that can be very boring or calming to listen to every day. I don't vacuum or do loud cleaning.

I don't start this when they are in the middle of sleep or towards the end of sleep it would wake them up.
My3cents 11:06 AM 10-10-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Eat lunch with my DH

agggh off topic.......what are you reading these days?
craftymissbeth 11:29 AM 10-10-2013
Today I randomly decided to French braid my hair for the first time during nap. Looks pretty darn good if I do say so

Usually I just hang out in the playroom and surf the net and come on here. If I do anything that creates even the softest noise then my 9 mo dcg wakes up and screams bloody murder.
mema 11:37 AM 10-10-2013
Clean up from lunch and have mine if I didn't eat with them. Listen to a tv show while surfing here, fb, pinterest, news, etc. When show is over, pick up, move laundry that I start before arrivals, dishes, whatever. I always make sure to have at least 30 minutes of "nothing" tho, otherwise I may have a crabby afternoon
Blackcat31 11:43 AM 10-10-2013
Originally Posted by My3cents:
agggh off topic.......what are you reading these days?
Stephen King's new books...

Joyland. Classic Stephen King...one he refuses to offer as an e-version so that readers can experience the thrill of an old paperback.

and his new one Dr Sleep....a sequel to the ever popular, The Shining

I LOVE Stephen King!

Other new favorites out:

Stuart Woods (detective/attorney type books)
Janet Evanovich (laugh out loud funny!)
Ann Rule (true crime )
John Grisham (love the lawyer-type books)
thetoddlerwhisper 03:31 PM 10-13-2013
play bingo on Facebook
sanitize toys(i have a couple slobber-boxes)
eat food
check supplies
read
JoseyJo 03:47 PM 10-13-2013
Do our daily picture blog, read the forum, check emails, relax and regroup for the afternoon!
momofboys 04:01 PM 10-13-2013
I have some really good nappers - usually out for 2 1/2 - 2 3/4 hours so I try to maximize that time,baby! I clean up after their lunch (dishes, wipe off table, sweep kitchen floor), tidy up play area. I usually have a phone call or two to make & sometimes I vacuum the play area. Typically I have a load of clothes to fold, also. After the chores are mostly complete I usually will exercise (walking) while watching a DVRd show for about 45 min. If I have any time left over I will read a book or magazine or do dinner prep.
Sereetta 04:44 PM 10-13-2013
When I only had two kids I would nap.. LOL
Now I do my bible study, pray, read a chapter, and do paperwork!
Cradle2crayons 07:48 PM 10-13-2013
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
This is when I eat my bon bons and watch my soap operas of course! LOL, not really but do eat my lunch, get on the internet and do paperwork.
Don't forget prop your feet up while eating Bon bons and watching soaps !!
KidGrind 09:40 PM 10-13-2013
....prays my screamer doesn't wake up within 15 minutes waking up the nappers.
Tags:daycare experiences, interesting, wdyd
Reply Up