Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Open Daycare Center - Sell a Daycare - Rent a Daycare - Buy a Daycare>Question about facility requirements
eperez 06:22 AM 10-11-2018
Hi, I am looking for a space to purchase/lease in order to open a child care center in NJ. I am going to look at a place later today and was wondering if a finished basement can be used as classrooms?
Blackcat31 06:24 AM 10-11-2018
Originally Posted by eperez:
Hi, I am looking for a space to purchase/lease in order to open a child care center in NJ. I am going to look at a place later today and was wondering if a finished basement can be used as classrooms?
Here is a link to the regulations for New Jersey

https://www.daycare.com/newjersey/
eperez 06:36 AM 10-11-2018
I've looked but I see no specific reference to a basement
eperez 06:38 AM 10-11-2018
I've looked but I don't see any specific reference to a basement
Blackcat31 06:44 AM 10-11-2018
Originally Posted by eperez:
I've looked but I see no specific reference to a basement

From what I've read it appears any physical location is acceptable IF it meets the requirements to obtain a certificate of occupancy from the municipality.

I'd call your licensing offices and ask. Centers usually always have much higher standards or at the very least more technical rules for operation than in home child care's have.
eperez 06:46 AM 10-11-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
From what I've read it appears any physical location is acceptable IF it meets the requirements to obtain a certificate of occupancy from the municipality.

I'd call your licensing offices and ask. Centers usually always have much higher standards or at the very least more technical rules for operation than in home child care's have.
Thank you
Tags:new jersey, new jersey - regulations, new jersey member
Reply Up