Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bad Batch of Diapers
Country Kids 08:01 AM 07-20-2011
Is it possible to get a batch of diapers that cause a child to get diaper rash? I'm using the same kind that the parents use and the brand the child always has used. Since last week this little one had more bms's than usual -not diarehha, just eating lots of yummy fruit. Well the child would get a red bottom here, no matter how much I was changing and putting on diaper creme. Mom and dad can get him home and do the same thing and it clears up just to start the next morning when I start putting on the diapers I have here. Also the child just has bms in the mornings when here but I feel so bad about the redness. Wasn't sure if it was the diapers?
sharlan 08:08 AM 07-20-2011
Have you added a new fruit?

One of mine would break out everytime I gave her something with pear. Her bottom would turn red so fast.

Call the diaper manufacturer and tell them. They will probably ask you to send them a sample diaper.
E Daycare 09:35 AM 07-20-2011
I had issues with a brand of diaper that i had to discontinue from 1st use. My own ds gets a red bum from a change up of fruit, mostly the more acidic kind. We have been eating clementines and have to limit them to everyother day or I'll have to buy cortisone and lotrimin to clear it up. Too much acid makes almost have a yeast reaction. What usually clears him up is aquaphor, 1% cortisone and lotrimin as a RX by his doctor. Could be a reaction to a food I'd say. My sons reaction to the diapers were instant red blisters from the go.
youretooloud 09:39 AM 07-20-2011
Diaper companies change their formulas occasionally and can cause a rash. There so many chemicals in disposables, it's a wonder they don't all cause a rash.

But, I doubt it's the diaper, it's probably just something in the child's diet, or in his or her system that's causing the rash.
mom2many 11:03 PM 07-20-2011
I have never experienced a rash from the diapers...sometimes the tabs can be faulty, but that has been my only issue. I agree...maybe it's a food that is causing the problem. Fruits can be the biggest culprits on this! In most cases, it's the acid.
GotKids 04:35 AM 07-21-2011
I have had that happen with a few of the kids I have had over the years. They had the majority of the BM's here during daycare hours and even changed every hour on the hour with diaper cream barriers, they would get a rash. It was teeth! Not sure if this may the issue you are having as well.

As far as diapers go, I doubt that it is the real issue. A diaper too small or too big can contribute to a rash. Do you provide the diapers or do the parents? If you provide them see about trying the Happy Days and Nights by Fisher Price. They are perfume and dye free, generic priced but in my opinion do better than the high end diapers like pampers or huggies.
afmama 05:52 PM 07-21-2011
I've had people use Huggies on their kid and then all of a sudden start getting rashes. It was all over the actual cheeks though...I think that is how you can tell it's the diaper not just messy BM's.
Country Kids 10:03 PM 07-21-2011
I believe these are Huggies but they use them at home also. It was on the cheeks, upperthighs (where the elastic was) and then in the groin area. Today was better but it has been this way since about last Thurs or Friday. I actually started this batch of diapers last week also and will run out tomorrow. That is why I didn't know if it was this particular batch or something else. Ahhh, one of the mysteries of life!
Reply Up