Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Holiday Attendance Roster?
DaveA 04:27 AM 12-04-2017
Those of you who are open around the Christmas how do you handle enrollments? There are probably going to be a few days I'll be without DCKs. Do you ask DCPs, have a sign up sheet, or just wing it? I have no problem being open for 1 DCF, but frankly if they're all not coming I'm sleeping in.

Thanks
BumbleBee 04:43 AM 12-04-2017
I ask in early December and put a deadline on when they need to let me know.
Cat Herder 05:39 AM 12-04-2017
I have found that if I ask in advance they all come, even if only until naptime. If I just get up and wait until the arrival cutoff time, I get many more days "off". Generally, though, there is always that *one kid here on school holidays and weather days. I prefer they all attend.

On days I suspect low attendance, I plan an easy breakfast that requires no prep (cheerios, banana, milk) because I can't include breakfast prepared for no attendance days as deductions. Even if I have already prepped, prepared and plated them.

The parents pay whether the kids come or not, but I lose time space and meal count deductions if they don't come. Low attendance = less pay regardless of tuition.
Jupadia 05:53 AM 12-04-2017
Mine generally attend during the holidays. All the parents have jobs that don't shut down unless it's a sat holiday. This year though I'll only have 1 plus my own 2 guys. The family has notified me he will be away 2 days (So I'll get a nice long new years weekend). My other 2 kids last day is th 22 so they won't be here.

I have a small group so generally just ask parents what their schedule is like. As well there is not much sleeping in done here cause my boys are still small and like waking us up early on days off (daycare days are the only ones were we seem to wake them sometimes). But when they care teens I have promised myself revenge and will wake them up.
storybookending 05:54 AM 12-04-2017
Originally Posted by DaveA:
Those of you who are open around the Christmas how do you handle enrollments? There are probably going to be a few days I'll be without DCKs. Do you ask DCPs, have a sign up sheet, or just wing it? I have no problem being open for 1 DCF, but frankly if they're all not coming I'm sleeping in.

Thanks
I asked early November already if they planned on sending their children to not for the 3 days I am open the week of Christmas. I’ll have 3/6 for sure all 3 days. When I asked it was 4/6 but I should ask the mother of the 4th child again as jobs have changed and I’m assuming dad will be back in town and want to spend time with his girls. He moved 3 states away for work while mom wraps things up around here with the girls (1 dck, 2 schoolaged) and joins him. Might take on the extra school aged sister of one of my kids since I’ll have the space but we will see.
Blackcat31 08:05 AM 12-04-2017
I just tell parents (in advance) my closed dates.
I assume they will all use days I am open.

That's ok with me because I am being paid anyways (by all) so even if I end up with only 2 or 3 kids, I'd just do paperwork or end of year stuff so I'm making the most of my time. If I only had one kid scheduled, I'd close though. 1 kid requires ME to entertain them. Two and they can entertain each other so my cut off for working is 2. LOL!

My families all submit schedules 1-2 weeks in advance though so I would know who is or isn't planning to attend ahead of time.
Reply Up