Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bringing in Families! HELP!
lflick 03:03 PM 06-03-2013
Hello hello!

I seem to be struggling with my marketing.... how/where do you all have the best luck? I have had many inquires about the upcoming fall but I have spots to fill now and wish to do so!
Patches 03:08 PM 06-03-2013
Craigslist. I get 99% of my calls from CL. I'm having a tough time right now, too. I have 3 spots that I need to fill asap. My problem lately hasn't been getting calls, it's been getting them in the door. 3 no call no shows last week and a bunch of calls that didn't like my rates
Cradle2crayons 03:18 PM 06-03-2013
I have a very small family owned grocery store about 8 miles from me. I get most of my business there.

But years ago when I lived closer to the city, I would go to all of the local apartment complexes and put flyers on the bulletin boards at their mailboxes. I got TONS if contacts by doing that.

Now that I take vouchers, I get a lot of calls from that because I'm the ONLY state approved in home provider in my entire county.
Michael 03:24 PM 06-03-2013
We have an article from our very own MarinaVanessa that is helpful.

https://www.daycare.com/news/adverti...r-daycare.html
lflick 03:24 PM 06-03-2013
Originally Posted by Patches:
Craigslist. I get 99% of my calls from CL. I'm having a tough time right now, too. I have 3 spots that I need to fill asap. My problem lately hasn't been getting calls, it's been getting them in the door. 3 no call no shows last week and a bunch of calls that didn't like my rates
I have had a few inquires and most of the families are seeking care like one or two days a week and I really would like a full schedule!
Lyss 05:14 PM 06-03-2013
Originally Posted by lflick:
I have had a few inquires and most of the families are seeking care like one or two days a week and I really would like a full schedule!
For me it feels like it comes in waves, I get all kinds of pt requests and then full time (ages seem to go this way). I haven't found one venue of advertising that yields only ft families, I wish though.

Do you have a website? I link my website to my ad. If I just want ft I only list ft rates, no pt rates or schedules even mentioned. I even throw a "sorry no pt spots currently available" comment in if I'm getting a lot of pt emails. Cuts down the pt inquiries but I still get them occasionally.
Play Care 05:41 PM 06-03-2013
Originally Posted by lflick:
I guess if I were just starting out or really needed the clients, I would take those PT families making it clear that if you get a ft client you can offer them first refusal for the spot but will have to let them go otherwise. Often when starting out we do what we need to to get our names out there. It may mean working second and third shifts or taking on PT clients. The BEST way I've found to attract good clients? Having kids in your day care. Very few people are wiling to be the Guinea pig when it comes to child care - potential clients are going to want to tour and see happy, engaged kids. Just a thought.
melilley 08:53 PM 06-03-2013
All of the families that I have now have found me through CL. I have also gotten a couple of calls from people that have seen my website, although I'm not sure how they found it. It took a few months for me to get full, but now I have 3 (4 if you count my son) full time children and 2 part time and have a waiting list for infants. I've heard that families look for childcare more during different times of the year than others; maybe this is the slow time of year? Hang in there!
Hazel 10:37 AM 06-04-2013
I am having the same issue. 99% of my kids USED to come from Craigslist... But I've had my ad up for a month and not one call or email. I decided to make a Facebook page for my daycare. I would ask friends to share, and ask them to ask their friends to share. I would share it on group pages for my local area, like local yard sale groups and such. Still no kids, BUT I've had one person interested that was local. I had one FT dcb just leave (told me 3 months ago they weren't leaving until he started kindergarten in 9/14) to go to a fancy preschool and then just found out my other FT dcf with TWO KIDS is moving! They gave 1 months notice. My third family of 2 dcks is expecting a baby next week... The baby will take the spot of their older son who will be off to kindergarten... But now mom is saying she may not send them much while she's home on maternity leave bc there aren't any other kids.... And I am worried she will just pull them and then try to bring them back in Sept.... Even tho there is no guarantee she will have 2 spots, she knows I have plenty of room and she may just take a chance... Which means NO KIDS ALL SUMMER, not good. Not at all. I am the sole provider for my family (single mom)..l I really need clients! If you can, please say a prayer for my family.. This is bad.
lflick 12:17 PM 06-04-2013
Originally Posted by Hazel:
I am having the same issue. 99% of my kids USED to come from Craigslist... But I've had my ad up for a month and not one call or email. I decided to make a Facebook page for my daycare. I would ask friends to share, and ask them to ask their friends to share. I would share it on group pages for my local area, like local yard sale groups and such. Still no kids, BUT I've had one person interested that was local. I had one FT dcb just leave (told me 3 months ago they weren't leaving until he started kindergarten in 9/14) to go to a fancy preschool and then just found out my other FT dcf with TWO KIDS is moving! They gave 1 months notice. My third family of 2 dcks is expecting a baby next week... The baby will take the spot of their older son who will be off to kindergarten... But now mom is saying she may not send them much while she's home on maternity leave bc there aren't any other kids.... And I am worried she will just pull them and then try to bring them back in Sept.... Even tho there is no guarantee she will have 2 spots, she knows I have plenty of room and she may just take a chance... Which means NO KIDS ALL SUMMER, not good. Not at all. I am the sole provider for my family (single mom)..l I really need clients! If you can, please say a prayer for my family.. This is bad.
When it rains it sure pours! Here's to hoping you fill those vacancies!
Tags:advertising, marketing ideas
Reply Up