Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Neighbor on Hospice
Country Kids 12:10 PM 02-02-2018
I found out a couple days ago that my neighbor of 22 years has been placed on hospice. I think his son said 4-5 months but we all know that is just a guestamit-could be sooner.

Would you let DC families know? I was thinking that if they knew and when the time came (transporting the body to the hertz), if by any chance it was during drop off/pick up, they wouldn't be as startled and the littles wouldn't be scared.

Also, not knowing how the family maybe reacting either when the time comes. Some of their actions keep us on our toes so I'm a little worried about when this time comes.
Baby Beluga 03:07 PM 02-02-2018
I don't think I would say anything now out of respect/privacy for the neighbor. If something is happening when DCP/DCK are there when anything happens you can address it then.
Ariana 11:11 AM 02-04-2018
I agree. I wouldn’t say anything until it needs to be talked about. They may not even be around when it happens. I don’t think the little ones would really know what was going on in my opinion.

A few years ago when I was at a centre a man comitted suicide in the apartment behind our toddler yard. The kids literally had no clue what was going on and we just ushered them inside and didn’t say anything. There were police officers that took statements from a few of us and so an email went home to parents letting them know that there were police officers on site in case the kids talked about it at home.
DaveA 03:27 AM 02-05-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
I don't think I would say anything now out of respect/privacy for the neighbor. If something is happening when DCP/DCK are there when anything happens you can address it then.
Yeah I wouldn't say anything either.
Reply Up