Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Contract Changes
LNO27 08:22 PM 05-05-2016
Wondering how I should go about contract changes. My current familes have signed contracts that are missing some new wording and minor policy changes, hours changes etc. The bigger deal policies like termination and what is expected of them have stayed the same. What's the best method for protecting myself here? I emailed the new document to each family letting them know there were changes but never requested they sign the new one. In the email contianing the new document I stated something like "the contract you have signed applies to this updated handbook of policies." Is that even allowed or appropriate to say? Should I send home a form to sign each time the contract is updated, verifying that they have been provided a copy and agree to changes? Wondering what others do. This is my first year and I feel like I have had to make a lot of changes as new situations arise. It would seem a little excessive to require them to sign over and over as I make tweaks to it---but better safe than sorry?
Michael 02:21 AM 05-06-2016
Here are some more threads on Contract Revisions: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ct+-+revisions
childcaremom 02:31 AM 05-06-2016
If I have made a lot of changes, I send home a new policy book or contract with a short attached letter highlighting what the changes are and request that parents sign/return/make a copy for their records. I then put the signed updated version in their file. I did this once in my first year.

If it is only a small change, I will send home an addendum that is the new policy and have them sign/return. For instance, when I changed my illness policy, I sent home the reworded and updated version, had parents sign and return, also stating that it was effective immediately.

In my first year, I did make a lot of changes. Each time an issue came up, I made a note and towards the end of the first year, I updated as needed in one big update. Now if an issue comes up I will address it right away and let all parents know.

My wording on their original forms from enrollment is that they agree to follow policies and updates as they may occur but I do like to have a signed form that acknowledges that they saw and read and agreed to the changes.

Hope that helps!
Tags:contract - revisions
Reply Up