Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When To Suggest A Doctor Visit ??
DanceMom 06:20 AM 01-31-2012
I have a 1 yr old that has been coughing to the point of gagging at times and has had a runny nose for over 3 weeks now...It just doesnt seem to be getting any better..

Would you require a doctor note to make sure it isnt anything else ? He has no other problems..no fever..acting fine..just this cough and nose !!
morgan24 06:41 AM 01-31-2012
How do the parents feel about the cough? I hope that they are concerned about it. If your comfortable suggesting that they may want to take him in and make sure that it is nothing, I would.

I had the same situation this morning. Dcb who is 3 has been coughing and hacking for 3 weeks. He isn't sleeping well and looks awful. He has no fever just a nasty cough. Dcm asked what I thought and I told her I would take him to the Doctor, but that was just my opinion, she decided to and he is going today.
Blackcat31 06:48 AM 01-31-2012
I require a doctor's visit after any cold symptoms that continue on for more than 2 weeks. Just to be safe.
tbutler 08:24 AM 01-31-2012
I would mention it at pickup. "Mom have you noticed that baby has been coughing and gagging for the past few weeks?" "Have you taken him to the doctor or been giving him any meds?". If she has been giving over the counter meds I'd say "you know you're not supposed to give over the counter meds more than 2 weeks, it says it on the back of med bottle/box, after 2 weeks see your doctor".
Tags:doctor, sick policy
Reply Up