Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Many Are Closing The Day After Easter?
daycare 08:40 AM 03-25-2012
Hi everyone,

How many of you will be closing the day after Easter? Is it a federally closed holiday?

I am not sure if people get that Monday off of work or not? I don't celebrate Easter. I don't recall even bringing it up in the past if I would close or not and I just opened. But my kids told me that I should close for it. It's a little late to request closing now only two weeks away.
Breezy 08:53 AM 03-25-2012
I am not closing as far as I know. Depends I guess if my DCF has it off. I believe my DH said he has it off though an he is military...
Countrygal 09:04 AM 03-25-2012
Probably not, especially since we have a County meeting that night.
Springdaze 09:24 AM 03-25-2012
Ive taken Good Friday only off for like 6 years, this year Im off monday too only because I only have one family and their mom is off.
momma2girls 09:33 AM 03-25-2012
I added Good Friday to my list of paid Holidays about 3 yrs. ago. My husband and my children have off, so it is our day together!
SilverSabre25 09:53 AM 03-25-2012
nope; not a federal holiday in America so far as I know.
LittleD 10:16 AM 03-25-2012
I'm taking Monday off as our office does consider it a stat, and I could really use a 4 day week-end
PitterPatter 10:33 AM 03-25-2012
I'm an odd one. I work Good Friday (even when clients dont) but I am closed Monday after Easter. I would just like to rest up after cooking and celebrating then cleaning up. I thought about switching it to Friday but it's been tradition for the past 6 years to have a egg hunt here.
DCMom 01:50 PM 03-25-2012
No, I close Good Friday. Paid holiday for me, it has been as long as I have been open. My dh has it off also.
Blackcat31 02:32 PM 03-25-2012
I also have Good Friday off but work on Monday. My DCF's are pretty much split with half having Monday off as the holiday and the other half being off Friday so I went with Friday as it is usually the one day where I can't stop watching the clock... LOL!

I wish though that I would have thought far enough in advance to take Monday after Easter off since the kiddos wil be full of chocolate and sugar from the Easter Bunny....
MizzCheryl 04:23 PM 03-25-2012
Yep. Good Friday is our paid day. I can't wait. Hope my hubby is off.(fingers crossed)
Lucy 04:39 PM 03-25-2012
Not closing at all for Easter. But my comment is that Friday would be the "day off" for Easter if there was one. It's Good Friday for Christian religions. But there is no federal holiday for Easter.
Maddy'sMommy 04:49 PM 03-25-2012
I'm closed on Good Friday. I'm open on the Monday, but I don't think I'll have any kids that day.
spud912 07:34 PM 03-25-2012
I normally would not close for Monday or Friday as neither are considered holidays in my state. However, I will be closed on Friday this year (unpaid), only because I have a lot of family in town that weekend.
kayla 05:26 AM 03-26-2012
I close for good friday. But not for monday. I do charge for this day, My county counts this as a paid holiday so I take it. I hate cheating myself out of a normal work schedule, I feel like I never have any days off.... I spend most of my weekends cleaning for dcf to come back and trash the place monday... So any days the county pays i'm taking!!
Kaddidle Care 05:39 AM 03-26-2012
We are closed Good Friday and Easter Monday. But we are a center in a Church so Easter is kind of a big deal.

We also do closings based on the Elementary School Schedule and they are also closed both of those days.

Why don't you ask your Parents if they are coming? You just might get a day off without asking!
countrymom 05:49 AM 03-26-2012
I'm closed friday but opened monday. Its rare anything is closed on monday except for school, so it'll be a fun filled day.
littlemissmuffet 06:38 AM 03-26-2012
Easter Monday is not considered a stat in my area of Canada - so we'll be open (I have a few families who won't be here so it should be an easy day anyway). But Good Friday we're closed and I'm looking forward to the 3-day weekend!
Meyou 06:42 AM 03-26-2012
I'm closed Friday but open Monday. However, all of my families are off and keeping their kids home so I get a bonus paid day off. My kids and dh are off school and work.
dEHmom 07:00 AM 03-26-2012
I am closed the Friday and Monday paid.
dEHmom 07:00 AM 03-26-2012
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
Easter Monday is not considered a stat in my area of Canada - so we'll be open (I have a few families who won't be here so it should be an easy day anyway). But Good Friday we're closed and I'm looking forward to the 3-day weekend!
If you don't mind, where abouts?
I'm in MB and it's a stat for the monday.
DanceMom 07:40 AM 03-26-2012
Good Friday is a contract holiday - I am never closed the day after Easter.
meganlavonnesmommy 07:43 AM 03-26-2012
I'm opposite of everyone else. :-) I'm open Friday, closed Monday.

I'm a provider for military families, and most of them are off Monday for the observed Easter holiday, so I close Monday. Most of them will get friday off too, but not all. I'm hoping a lot of them keep their kids home, but I know they most likely wont. :-(
Kim 07:47 AM 03-26-2012
I am open both Friday and Monday. I have 3 families that have to work those days. I still get a nice break though since my other 3 families are teacher families and will not be here for the entire week!
Little planet 07:49 AM 03-26-2012
I'm closed Friday but open Monday.
MrsB 08:06 AM 03-26-2012
I am open both days. I never took them off because most of my parents still had to work. This week I have had almost all of my DCparents ask if I was open, which means they probably all have it off. Maybe I should have closed! I think I might offer if they dont have to work, their child can use their "personal" day.

(Each child gets one day per month to use as a sick or personal day that they dont have to pay. Days dont carry over to the next month.)
Mary Poppins 08:34 AM 03-26-2012
Open and hoping they bring lots of chocolate that I can confiscate for personal consumption.
wdmmom 08:49 AM 03-26-2012
Kids here go to school on Good Friday so I work but I close early.

I have never taken the Monday after off. It is not considered a holiday. All of my families work and school is in session so it's a work day for me.
Heidi 10:06 AM 03-26-2012
Originally Posted by Maddy'sMommy:
I'm closed on Good Friday. I'm open on the Monday, but I don't think I'll have any kids that day.
Same here...one of my mom's has a forlough day Monday (state employee), so I told my other one child to make other arrangements. Taking Monday off unpaid for that child, the other pays me for her forloughs (part of the deal she gets for lower tuition). Friday is my paid holiday
Lianne 10:19 AM 03-26-2012
I'm closed, with pay.
Ariana 10:38 AM 03-26-2012
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
I am closed the Friday and Monday paid.
Me too! I took some unpaid holidays too since I have family in town.
Meeko 10:56 AM 03-26-2012
Closed with pay for Good Friday
Mommy2One 11:21 AM 03-26-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:

I am not sure if people get that Monday off of work or not?
Parent here: I've never gotten the Monday after or the Friday before Easter as a paid holiday. My current and previous employer have both been small family companies so they often allowed us to leave early (30-90min) on Friday just because it was slow/quiet and many people were looking forward to their weekend plans already, were celebrating Good Friday or had family in town. It was never something we could count on though, rather a cross your fingers and wait for announcement sort of thing.
My holidays are:
New Years Day
Memorial Day
Fourth of July
Labor Day
Thanksgiving (the Friday after costs a vacation day but almost everyone takes it)
Christmas

One of the big corporate employers in our area gives their employes all the Federal holidays off but they are also expected to travel (sometimes frequently) and put in a lot of work from home hours during the evenings/weekends.
Reply Up