Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Love Good Daycare Parents!
Daycare_Mama 06:09 AM 12-21-2010
This morning when my dcb got dropped off, mom gave me a year membership to costco (I always talk about how I need to get a membership to shop there but never do), a big bag of food for my freezer, and a christmas present for my daughter too!

This is my only daycare family, so I know not every family will be so good to me, but I'm so thankful for them!
E Daycare 06:12 AM 12-21-2010
Wow how thoughtful!!
laundrymom 06:38 AM 12-21-2010
Originally Posted by Daycare_Mama:
This morning when my dcb got dropped off, mom gave me a year membership to costco (I always talk about how I need to get a membership to shop there but never do), a big bag of food for my freezer, and a christmas present for my daughter too!

This is my only daycare family, so I know not every family will be so good to me, but I'm so thankful for them!
Wow!!!!!!! Awesome!!!!!
misol 06:41 AM 12-21-2010
Love it!!!!
DCMom 07:27 AM 12-21-2010
Now that is a thoughtful gift!
katie 07:51 AM 12-21-2010
Meeeee to. That is cool they did that for you! My best dcm gave me extra pay this week ON TIME. She always does. I love her. The other one.....
Mom&Provider 08:32 AM 12-21-2010
What a thoughtful gift!!
Daycare_Mama 10:03 AM 12-21-2010
Yes, it was so thoughtful! Last year she gave me a visa gift card which was obviously awesome too, but this was special because she's heard me talk about the place off and on and remembered. And I'll probably save some money on food for daycare the next year!
momofsix 10:21 AM 12-21-2010
Makes it all worthwhile, doesn't it!
Michael 01:02 PM 12-21-2010
Love Costco. Been going since 1986 and was just there yesterday. You can never leave without spending less then $100.
momofboys 03:31 PM 12-21-2010
Originally Posted by Michael:
Love Costco. Been going since 1986 and was just there yesterday. You can never leave without spending less then $100.
My friend calls it the $100 store!
dEHmom 04:42 AM 12-22-2010
Agree about the 100 dollar store. Last time it was the 400 dollar store.

I got a gift today! all nicely wrapped and decorated, I haven't actually opened it, but I can see through the cellophane it's a card, a tin of baking (she informed me of the baking), some chocolates, and some other stuff!
bgmeyers 06:56 AM 12-22-2010
I love when dc parents put thought into a gift. She obviously did!
DanceMom 07:04 AM 12-22-2010
That is VERY thoughtful ! Kudos to that DCP !!!
dEHmom 07:58 AM 12-22-2010
I gave my gifts to little girl on monday just incase weather or anything stopped them from coming for last 2 days. i forgot to send home card though, have to send it today lol.

i just hope they didn't feel like they had to do something for me cause I did for little girl.
DaycareMomma 08:43 AM 12-22-2010
That is such a sweet gift.

The past 3 years none of my parents have gotten me gifts so I didn't really expect anything this year. Well so far I've gotten Bath and Body works lotion and shower gel, a wooden sign that says cowgirl and a ceramic cowboy boot with flowers in it and a reed difuser with lavender scent in it.... I am just an awe at how many have gotten me gifts! I could have cried
momofsix 08:52 AM 12-22-2010
So far i've gotten gift cards to my favorite mexican restaurant (they do it every year, they know I LOVE the place!) Gift cards to a hair salon for $50, a GC to chili's, and a GC to a scrapbooking B&B and a massage! I'm a happy daycare provider!
dEHmom 08:55 AM 12-22-2010
yay!
I honestly didn't expect anything from this family though, because she only comes casual. Monthly she's scheduled for certain slots, but monthly it changes.
kidkair 12:28 PM 12-22-2010
One of my client's offered me the choice of a bonus or gift. I chose bonus so I can use it the way I want to. I haven't heard of or received anything from my other clients thus far.
Crystal 12:39 PM 12-22-2010
I'm loving it so far too. One gave me $100, one gave me chilis' g.c. and cold stone creamery g.c., one gave me a tower of chocolates, one gave me movie tickets and one gave me a gift basket of foods. I love my families.

I gave all of them big containers of baked goods: choco chip cookies, snickerdoodles, brownies and chocolate covered peanut butter balls. The kids all got dry erase boards w/markers, notepads, pens, crayons and stationary sets.
sierrastreasures 11:44 AM 12-23-2010
I'm closed on Friday so I gave my presents out to my 3 dcm's early this morning since either the dcd or grandma will be picking them up tonight.

For the parents gift I created their child's handprint molded in a special clay (very soft polymer clay) until it is baked and hardened in the oven. Before baking, I etched their child's name on the front with the date. I also picked a pretty ribbon to string through the hole I created at the top for displaying on the wall. Pink ribbons for girls and blue ribbons for boys. It took longer than I thought but it was well worth it since you can see every wrinkle and fold in their precious hands.

For the children I created handmade personalized books. Each book is themed to their personality with their name running throughout the story including brothers, sisters, and other family members. It was rather thick so I punched 4 holes and used blue or pink ribbon to tie them up for binding. I will give them to the children tonight as they leave. Unfortunately we didn't have a huge Christmas party this year.

I know I should be grateful however after reading how other providers are lavished with a gifts expensive or not, I feel like pouting. Ok pity party going on here. Not ONE parent remembered me this year not even a card. Funny how parents remember non family members like the postman, garbage collector, co-workers, boss, ect., but forget the show their appreciation to the person that take care of their precious bundles of joy.
Tags:parent gifts, presants
Reply Up