Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCK Showing Her "Privates"...
DanceMom 08:57 AM 01-04-2011
How would you have handled this situation ? Never had this happen before..I Was with another child in the bathroom and came out to a almost 4 yr old DCG with her pants down showing her privates to everyone and they were all laughing. I immediately removed her from them, told her to pull up her pants and sit down. I told all the kids that we keep those areas to ourselves and we only take our clothes off when we take a bath or go potty.

Do I let the parents know? How would you handle it? I asked the girls what was going on - they were showing each other their panties however this girl took her pants all the way down...everything was exposed.

ugh..always interesting with kids.
Cat Herder 08:59 AM 01-04-2011
Normal stuff. Let Mom know, but try not to freak her out. It is time for her first "talk"....that is a 100% mommy job...
jen 09:00 AM 01-04-2011
It is pretty normal behavior for a 4 year old. I would just let her know that we keep our clothes on at daycare. If she did it again, I'd ask Mom and Dad to talk to her. If that didn't work, I'd ask Mom and Dad to put her in something she can't get off easily...like bib overalls with the straps pinned. I've NEVER had it to come that tho.

It's usually just a short lived stage.
QualiTcare 09:08 AM 01-04-2011
Originally Posted by jen:
It is pretty normal behavior for a 4 year old. I would just let her know that we keep our clothes on at daycare. If she did it again, I'd ask Mom and Dad to talk to her. If that didn't work, I'd ask Mom and Dad to put her in something she can't get off easily...like bib overalls with the straps pinned. I've NEVER had it to come that tho.

It's usually just a short lived stage.
i agree with this.
momatheart 09:30 AM 01-04-2011
Yes I agree VERY NORMAL. I would let mom or dad know about it and that you talked about it with the child. I would hate for it to go home and be mentioned by the child and get all blown out of proportion.
DanceMom 09:49 AM 01-04-2011
Originally Posted by momatheart:
Yes I agree VERY NORMAL. I would let mom or dad know about it and that you talked about it with the child. I would hate for it to go home and be mentioned by the child and get all blown out of proportion.
That is what I was thinking..and this mom likes to bring things up to me that this child does new and wants to know if the other kids are doing it here..one of those moms..
So I think with this mom it would probably be better that I mention it before it happens at home and her mom blames me..
Tags:privates
Reply Up