Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What's Your Middle-Of-The-Day Guilty Pleasure?
SilverSabre25 11:04 AM 07-26-2011
Mine is the secret stash of good chocolate in the drawer of the coffee table in the living room. I eat a couple squares each day during nap, after I eat lunch and while I'm watching stuff streamed from Netflix (currently SeaQuest DSV).

If it's a particularly busy, stressful, or trying day, I always have a stash of soda that I'll drink with my lunch to help boost my mood (or rein in the ADD if it's running away with me--yep, caffeine has that effect for me).
boysx5 11:18 AM 07-26-2011
I sit down with my diet coke and some chocolate
littlemissmuffet 11:20 AM 07-26-2011
LOL... I stretch and excersize during nap time.
Chocolate and soda sounds better though
SimpleMom 11:29 AM 07-26-2011
I have m&m's or ch. chips and a coke. I usualy clean up the kitchen and toys and then read a book or surf the internet. If I am really ambitious and the kiddos all rest well I may even try an excersize routine. :0) but that doesn't happen often. lol
irishdancer 11:40 AM 07-26-2011
All My Children and chocolate
I dont know what I will do come September
Cat Herder 12:03 PM 07-26-2011
Mt. Dew, Dove Dark Choc Squares and Sublingual Vitamin B.

(FYI, Netflix is no longer a part of my life after several years.)
JaydensMommy 12:16 PM 07-26-2011
Ice cream.. I'm actually eating some right now.. Butter Pecan and Pistachio nut.. yum.
Michelle 12:19 PM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Mt. Dew, Dove Dark Choc Squares and Sublingual Vitamin B.

(FYI, Netflix is no longer a part of my life after several years.)
sublingual b12? or B ?
Michelle 12:20 PM 07-26-2011
Diet Dr. Pepper!!
I know, not good for me!
Blackcat31 12:20 PM 07-26-2011
Tetris.
Zoe 12:23 PM 07-26-2011
Netflix or catch up on shows on Hulu. A Pepsi and some cookies are usually involved as well.

This is always after I clean up so I can relax without feeling guilty.
Cat Herder 12:35 PM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by Michelle:
sublingual b12? or B ?
Sublingual B Complex....

B-2, B-3, B-5, B-6, and B-12)

I can feel my mood improving within minutes of taking it. Usually adds about 4 hours of a sense of humor and patience to the end of my day.

My Doc recommended it. (it does taste like old school red cough syrup, though )
Unregistered 12:44 PM 07-26-2011
Ice cream, and a few uninterrupted minutes to myself.
AnneCordelia 12:58 PM 07-26-2011
Hot cup of coffee and an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation. LOL.
Danielle 01:19 PM 07-26-2011
Blogger...reading blogs and writing blogs.
littlemommy 01:35 PM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Sublingual B Complex....

B-2, B-3, B-5, B-6, and B-12)

I can feel my mood improving within minutes of taking it. Usually adds about 4 hours of a sense of humor and patience to the end of my day.

My Doc recommended it. (it does taste like old school red cough syrup, though )
I may need to ask my midwife about this. I am pregnant, and it's been tough dealing with the stress of screamers lately. I would love to have a mood lifter that's good for me!

Usually it's chocolate for me. Yesterday when I had a piece it made my baby dance all over! It was the first time I've felt kicks with this pregnancy, rather than just flutters. Love it!
Kaddidle Care 01:56 PM 07-26-2011
Coffee and cookies.
daycare 02:04 PM 07-26-2011
Hummus and anything to dip in it. Like carrots or celery!
Oh and every once in awhile some baboosa.. It's a little pastry!!!
AnneCordelia 05:34 PM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by littlemommy:
I may need to ask my midwife about this. I am pregnant, and it's been tough dealing with the stress of screamers lately. I would love to have a mood lifter that's good for me!

Usually it's chocolate for me. Yesterday when I had a piece it made my baby dance all over! It was the first time I've felt kicks with this pregnancy, rather than just flutters. Love it!
http://www.susunweed.com/Article_Motherwort.htm

My midwife recommended motherwort for anxiety when I was in my last trimester of my last pregnancy. I felt it really helped and was grateful for the recommendation.

Of course, you should always check with your health care provider before taking herbs because they can have other side effects.
Sugar Magnolia 06:49 PM 07-26-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Tetris.
Brickbreaker here Blackcat!
Also TMZ.com and anything else I can do quietly on my blackberry. If its a stressful day, some headphones and some Grateful Dead....today's selection- "Dire Wolf" and "Scarlet
Begonias". So now you all understand the screen name! Lol!
E Daycare 07:55 PM 07-26-2011
I plop down on the couch, open the computer, turn on my DVR Chelsea lately for a bit then switch over to "The Talk". I do this EVERY day. Its my hour and half in a 14hr day. Sometimes I throw in some popcorn too. A newborn starts around Thanksgiving. Im pretty sure this will all end so Im living it up now lol.
sharlan 05:09 PM 07-27-2011
The internet.
Tags:positive
Reply Up