Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Contracted hours -variables in schedule
LaLa714 05:11 PM 01-04-2011
First, I'm in MD and I am licensed. Due to so many unlicensed providers I lowered my rates to $150 a week for infants and $125 a week for toddlers. Being unlincesed in MD is illegal but people still do it. Anyway, to get to the point...lol

It has been extremely hard for me to fill my spots bc we live in a condo. We do not technically have a yard. There is a nice stretch of land and a playground that's private. For some parents this just isn't the same. Personally, when my kids were in DC I didn't even base my decision on the provider having a yard. (to make a long story short) I finally filled two spots with siblings. However, the baby is a screamer! She cries all day long! I hear her in my sleep and after she leaves! Her mom told me she does not hold her all day and doesn't know why she's doing this. She's been here a little over a month and I think it's separation anxiety. BUT she's not getting any better. I simply cannot hold her all day and find myself neglecting my baby to constantly take care of her. I don't know what on earth to do! Also, she is contracted from 7am-5pm. Her oldest goes to her fathers every other week. She said he will likely bring her later than 7am. I said this is fine as long as she's here by 9am. We do our learning activities in the morning before the babies have their bottle. It would be very disruptive for her to just show up at 10 or 11 am. I told both parents that 9am is the absolute latest I can accept d/o unless I am given advance notice. Running a few minutes late is one thing, but showing up whenever is another. My husband believes this is a crazy policy I have. He said d/o are whenever at a center and she is paying for full time care. I said that I don't have a problem with a late d/o if given advance notice. IMO 9am is a late drop off. Was I wrong to let her mom know that 9am is the latest I accept d/o for full time care of 7-5? What do I do about the baby?? TIA!!
Michael 05:15 PM 01-04-2011
Welcome LaLa714, You should think about becoming a member here. There are also some tag links on the bottom left side of your thread that relate to your topic. You can click on those and read some earlier threads until someone answers here. Usually the mornings are brisk with commentary.
LaLa714 05:29 PM 01-04-2011
I will do that ty! I didn't realize you had to pay to be a member....
Cat Herder 06:03 PM 01-04-2011
I have a "no drop off after 10:00am policy" for the same reason you do: Morning bottles for infants and morning snack for toddlers are served at that time. After that is a.m. nap.

It allows my group to be similarly rested and fed for a more pleasant daily routine. It is one of my most important policies IMHO. Your DH is probably worried they may withdraw and you may lose income since you are just filling up

I take it MUCH further than you do in that siblings must be dropped off and picked up together...."one drop off/one pick up per family/per day" (it took many years of word of mouth to earn this "quirk" though, so it may be a very risky move for someone in their first few years)

For a crying baby there are hundreds of posts . Patience and consistency is the best advice I can offer after a medical clearance.
Michael 06:08 PM 01-04-2011
Originally Posted by LaLa714:
I will do that ty! I didn't realize you had to pay to be a member....
You don't here on the forum. Go to: https://www.daycare.com/forum/register.php

If you are talking about the Daycare Registry it is $5 a month but if you reach 100 posts here at the forum it is free.
Tags:contracted hours, schedule varied
Reply Up