Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Contracted Hours
jenboo 10:26 AM 08-28-2013
I've tried searching but can't find what I'm looking for...
Do you do contacted hours or let the children come any hours you are open but not exceed 10 hours in one day (for example). I like the idea of contracted hours, but not sure how it would work.
I know that one family I will be enrolling (I currently nanny for them) starts a different times each day ranging from 7-9am and has certain weeks she has to start work at 7 all week and sometimes 5am all week. Dad works at 5 am each day..
Any advice would be great or links to previous postings since I couldn't find any.
Thanks!!
melilley 10:38 AM 08-28-2013
I do contracted hours, but if someone needs care outside of those hours, I will usually do it as long as they ask first. In your circumstance with the family that you mentioned, I would personally do a schedule specific for them. 5 am sure is early though!
Blackcat31 10:41 AM 08-28-2013
I do contracted hours.

I charge according to pick up times.

I don't care what time they drop off, their rate is dependent on the times they pick up. (ie. what time I get "off" work )

If a family schedules a 4:00 pick up time and don't show up until 4:30 (even if I have other kids here still) they are considered late and are assessed the $1 per minute late pick up fee.

HTH
jenboo 10:43 AM 08-28-2013
Originally Posted by melilley:
I do contracted hours, but if someone needs care outside of those hours, I will usually do it as long as they ask first. In your circumstance with the family that you mentioned, I would personally do a schedule specific for them. 5 am sure is early though!
5 am is early!! Thank goodness its not very often.

How do you handle parents asking to pick up later than the contacted times?
I know I'm going to be bad at standing up to parents and I don't want them to walk all over me so I'm trying to get a plan set ahead of time
melilley 10:55 AM 08-28-2013
Originally Posted by jenboo:
5 am is early!! Thank goodness its not very often.

How do you handle parents asking to pick up later than the contacted times?
I know I'm going to be bad at standing up to parents and I don't want them to walk all over me so I'm trying to get a plan set ahead of time
I will occasionally do later pick-ups, but only if they ask in advance. I do have one family who occasionally needs to pick up 15 minutes after closing, but they asked at the interview and I said it would be fine. They rarely pick up that late though.
But I would not do late pick ups every day! I too am bad at standing up for parents, but we do have a closing time for a reason!

I know a lot of providers on here will not do later pick ups or charge for them.
Familycare71 11:19 AM 08-28-2013
I do contracted hours that are within my general hours. I don't mind late pickups within the general hours I operate. I also do not charge extra for them. However if a parent is supposed to pick up at 4 pm and comes late with out a call/text and approval they would be assessed the late fee even tho I am open until 5:30.
With the example of your one family I would require hours for the next week the Friday before.

Tags:contracted hours
Reply Up