Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Should I Wash Bottles that Parents Bring?
Core12 05:58 AM 02-14-2020
I get three bottles of fresh breast milk a day. When a bottle is empty, I just put it back into the child’s milk bag and do not wash it.
Yesterday, a bottle was inadvertently left here. After Dcm got home she sent a text asking if I would have time to wash the bottle or if she should bring another bottle.
I almost feel like she was insulting me by asking if I would have time to wash one bottle. I told her, “sure, no problem”
Kimskiddos 06:14 AM 02-14-2020
I rinse bottles but not going to wash them. Maybe she meant giving it a quick rinse so the milky residue is rinsed away?
Blackcat31 06:27 AM 02-14-2020
I have parents bring two new in the box bottles to leave here at daycare upon enrollment. I manage all washing here. The bottles don't go home.

If they bring fresh milk in a bottle, I'd just give it a quick rinse and send it home.
Snowmom 06:30 AM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I have parents bring two new in the box bottles to leave here at daycare upon enrollment. I manage all washing here. The bottles don't go home.

If they bring fresh milk in a bottle, I'd just give it a quick rinse and send it home.
Same.

I have my own supply and different brands. I hate the back-forth of bottles. If a mom brings milk in, I'd prefer it in a bag to go in the freezer but if it comes in a container, I'd rinse it out and give it back.
Cat Herder 07:31 AM 02-14-2020
I do the same. Have them bring new bottles that stay here and breast milk frozen in bags. I do the rest.
jenboo 02:09 PM 02-14-2020
I rinse and put them back in their bag to go home.
284878 06:36 AM 02-15-2020
Originally Posted by Core12:
I get three bottles of fresh breast milk a day. When a bottle is empty, I just put it back into the child’s milk bag and do not wash it.
Yesterday, a bottle was inadvertently left here. After Dcm got home she sent a text asking if I would have time to wash the bottle or if she should bring another bottle.
I almost feel like she was insulting me by asking if I would have time to wash one bottle. I told her, “sure, no problem”
Little confused, if she brings 3 bottles filled everyday. Even if you wash the one that was left, she'd still need to bring 3 bottles. How else would she be bringing the milk if she doesn't bring another bottle?

No I don't wash bottles, I just send them home, I may rinse them out, sometimes. But if one got left, I would wash it. My response to her text even if not done yet would be "The bottle is already washed and it is ready for you, as a reminder please still bring three bottles of milk in the morning"

Also, I don't know your DCM but I have a feeling that she may have asked out of respect for your family time. Remember, tones can be added to a text that are not intended to be there. So I wouldn't take her question as an attack.
sahm1225 08:49 PM 02-15-2020
Originally Posted by 284878:
Little confused, if she brings 3 bottles filled everyday. Even if you wash the one that was left, she'd still need to bring 3 bottles. How else would she be bringing the milk if she doesn't bring another bottle?

No I don't wash bottles, I just send them home, I may rinse them out, sometimes. But if one got left, I would wash it. My response to her text even if not done yet would be "The bottle is already washed and it is ready for you, as a reminder please still bring three bottles of milk in the morning"

Also, I don't know your DCM but I have a feeling that she may have asked out of respect for your family time. Remember, tones can be added to a text that are not intended to be there. So I wouldn't take her question as an attack.
I got the same vibe (that mom Was trying to be respectful of providers time) .
rosieteddy 09:06 AM 02-18-2020
In answer to your question.No you should not have to wash bottles.I would have asked for the three bottles to be brought the next day.I would have put the left behind bottle through the dishwasher and send home the next day.
Unregistered 09:33 AM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by Core12:
I had Mom bring a bottle to leave here. I rinse it well with hot water between each use and wash it each night. She usually brings the breast milk in bags but occasionally will bring it in the bottles from the pump. If I have time I wash them but if not I rinse in hot water. I tell her each evening if they are washed or rinsed. But I only have two kids here each day so I usually have time to wash them.
Tags:breast feeding, breast milk, breast milk breast feeding
Reply Up