Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Backbone
Danielle 11:49 AM 09-27-2011
My backbone is finally growing in.

A little back story..
I only have 1 dck and have been having a hard time filling spots b/c I'm pregnant. B/c of some financial issues, I really need to fill spots but yall helped convince me not to lower my rates. I finally started getting interviews. A week and a half ago I got a 2 week notice for my dck. He's going to a preschool... So that basically tells you how desperate I am right now.

Fast forward, I had someone wanting an interview. Only needs 3 days a week but was fine with my full time rate. She was suppose to be here yesterday at 4:30. Yesterday morning she emailed me asking if she could come by then as she was doing errands then. I turned her down b/c I don't do interviews during daycare hours. 5:00, she still hadn't showed so I emailed her to give her the benefit of a doubt; if there had been an emergency I would have rescheduled in a heart beat.

She emailed me (at 5:40) "My son got sick. Didn't want to take him out. ill see how my schedule is and email you with a time."

I responded "I’m sorry to hear that your son is sick. However, good communication is key to a good parent/provider relationship and I would have liked to have known that you were not coming before hand. Good luck in your child care provider search."

Gosh that felt good!!
laundrymom 11:53 AM 09-27-2011
Awesome!!!!!!!
MarinaVanessa 12:41 PM 09-27-2011
Yay, good call. What a way to start a parent/provider relationship. No call/no show and you still havn't even met. I love your response btw. You were brief and to the point without sounding mean or upset. It was actually quite cheerfull
AfterSchoolMom 01:56 PM 09-27-2011
Originally Posted by :
ill see how my schedule is and email you with a time
=

"I haven't considered that you have a home, family, and business and are not available at my whim."

Sounds like you dodged a bullet. Congrats!
sassysue 06:43 AM 09-28-2011
Good for you! I've had many no call/no shows. I wait for 15 minutes,then I lock my door and intentionally leave my phone in the daycare if they haven't called or shown up.I try not to give it another thought. I had one lady who scheduled an appointment for 6:00p.m.,called a few minutes after to re-schedule. I usually don't ever re-schedule but I understand things really do come up so I scheduled an appointment for the following day,same time,obviously same place
She called five minutes before to re-schedule again. I said ok,just because I was so interested in seeing where this went
She called AGAIN to re-schedule. I waited a day and called her back to let her know the spot had already been fillled.
Fast forward 3 months,same lady calls and wants to schedule an appointment,no mention that we've ever talked before
I say sure(some times I like to play other peoples games),set the appointment.
Guess who called to re-schedule I just never called her back.
The funny thing is she still calls every once in awhile trying to set up an interview,I tell her the same thing every time.All my spots are filled and there is a two year waiting list. You think she would get the hint.Maybe she just like to chat? I just laugh at people like that!
Tags:backbone, no show
Reply Up