Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Many Of You Label Play Areas and How?
My3cents 10:31 AM 03-20-2012
How many of you label play areas and how? Do you use a picture, special font? Is there a site you can find labels that you can print off? How many do you have? I am interested in discussion on this topic- Benefits, waste of time, etc.. Pictures posted if possible would be great too. Thank you
Blackcat31 12:13 PM 03-20-2012
Try here: http://www.eichild.com/r_pages.cfm?ID=232

I use their label maker for EVERYTHING!!!

I also have a label printer but it isn't as cool as that site...LOL!!

I have a label maker like this
godiva83 01:32 PM 03-20-2012
I usually for bin toys take a picture of the actual toy, print on my computer the name in big block letters laminate and Velcro them on the bins. For dramatic centre, science centre I do the same but with the kids in the picture and suspend it with fishing line from the ceiling... Make sure if you use string or fishing line it's appropriate length for not choking - that means for us no longer than 10 cm
karen 11:28 AM 03-22-2012
When I worked at the differnt centers it was required....A picture of the toy and write out what the toy is. Laminate and post on the bin and put one on the shelf where the bin of toys belongs. I haven't gotten around to it yet here but would very much like to get it done.
daycare 11:41 AM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by karen:
When I worked at the differnt centers it was required....A picture of the toy and write out what the toy is. Laminate and post on the bin and put one on the shelf where the bin of toys belongs. I haven't gotten around to it yet here but would very much like to get it done.
I do similar to this.

I used to label the shelves, but then I rotated stuff out too much and it made too much work....
karen 11:48 AM 03-22-2012
My problem is I keep buying more stuff! LOL....Funny when I first started I barely had anything now I think I outgrew my house!
melskids 11:49 AM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
I do similar to this.

I used to label the shelves, but then I rotated stuff out too much and it made too much work....
I rotate alot too. I put a piece of velcro on the shelf and on the back of the picture, then when I bring out a new item, I just switch out the picture as well.
Tags:labeling, organizing tips, play area
Reply Up