Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Any Other Small Un-Licensed Providers?
Miss Lindsey 08:12 AM 12-04-2010
Just curious. It seems there are a lot of licensed, larger home daycares on here, but my daycare is just 4 kids, and in Missouri not required to be licensed at that number. I am learning that even in a small daycare...contracts, hamdbooks, and a backbone are still just as important though! Love my job, but definitely cant imagine more kids than the 4 part time kids I have!!!
Unregistered 11:53 AM 12-04-2010
I had a big licensed daycare in the other state I lived in did it for 5 years and had 9 kids counting my own 2 in the 9 boy was it alot of work and paperwork but good money I now live in another state and I am unlicensed and have 2 kids which you can have in my state without a licenses and I LOVE it sure I make way less money but Im not stressed out and I have no paper work except for a contract they resign every year and a contact sheet they make sure is updated I would NEVER go back to running a big licensed daycare.
Greenshadow 05:26 PM 12-04-2010
I have four kids in my care not including my own 3 year old, so five total. In my state you can have up to five without a license so Im at my limit. I enjoy keeping it small. The parents do too. Actually I have one mom who would leave if I ever thought of bringing in another child because she wants her children together and in a small daycare home.
Charity 05:33 PM 12-04-2010
Well I live in Louisiana so the law here is 6 and that includes your own... I am at my limit daily and could take on many more if I had my license... but in all reality mentally I could not do any more... So yes I am small and unlicensed...
AfterSchoolMom 05:57 PM 12-04-2010
Mine go in shifts - I have 5 morning and afternoon (2 are mine) and a couple of days per week during the school day (when the other 5 aren't here) I have anywhere from 1-4 babies/toddlers (sort of regular drop-ins).
kitkat 09:06 AM 12-05-2010
Add me to the list. In WI you can have 3 kids unrelated to you, plus your own, and not need to be licensed. I like that 3 is the limit, it seems like a good number, especially when you factor in your own kids.
KEG123 11:48 AM 12-05-2010
I'm not licensed yet, but we have to be if we have over 3 kids. I plan to take 3-4 so thats why I'm being licensed soon.
melissa ann 02:20 PM 12-05-2010
In my state you can have 3 kids unrelated to you. I have 3 plus my 2. My dd is in 1/2 day kindergarten. This is enough for me. So yes, I"m unlicensed.
TGT09 10:15 AM 12-06-2010
We don't have to be licensed here in Ohio either and we are allowed no more than 6 children at a time with no more than 3 under the age of 2 (own children included). I still consider myself a "small" daycare even though I have 10 children....they are all part-time and 3 of them only come for 1 hour/week.
Lilbutterflie 11:36 AM 12-06-2010
I am not licensed, but in my state you have to be "listed" if you care for ANY kids other than relatives. "Listed" means you can care for up to 3 unrelated, 12 total including relatives. I had to undergo a background check, and submit an application & a small fee to get listed.
SandeeAR 11:42 AM 12-06-2010
I am not licensed and never will be. I can have up to 5 kids, with no more than three under 2. I currently have 4, all part timers. 2.5 yo, 1 yo, 8 mo, 4 mo.
legomom922 05:55 AM 12-08-2010
Me neither. I like to have my "freedom", and seeing all talk on here about what DCP's have to go through and the rules and such, I would never get registred! I have 2 part timers right now, and that is fine with me. It pays my mortgage and thats all I need.
DCMomOf3 05:59 AM 12-08-2010
I am small and unlicensed but do to my families getting pg, I am in the process of getting licenced. I kind of wish I could stay small though, but my families are great and I don't want to get rid of them.
BentleysBands 06:00 AM 12-08-2010
not licensed and very proud
E Daycare 10:01 AM 12-09-2010
I plan on being small and staying small and at the rate Im going its just going to be my son. If I get another kid (for a total of 3 including my son) then Ill be happy. Right now I have my 17mo old son and a 10mo old preemie. Im looking to get a 18mo old 3 days a week after the new year so if that happens then Ill be good to go.

Small works better for me too.
Tags:unlicensed
Reply Up