Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>OMG! I Am So Embarrassed!!!!
melskids 08:24 AM 03-11-2011
my licensor came today, with HER boss, and they were here for an hour and a half, just to discuss an ECERS assessment i had.

i only had two kids today. easy right?

WRONG!

they were good for most of the time, but towards the end, the 2 1/2 yr old had had enough. he started ripping throught the playroom like a tornado, throwing everything all over, and completely destroying my house. i was right on top of him, and even tried to put him in time out, (which ive NEVER done before-i never had to with him) but he wouldn't sit. he has NEVER EVER acted like that, i was so shocked, and really didnt know what to do.

it takes alot to fluster me, and get me upset, so i wasnt mad, but i was totally embarrassed, like they were gonna think i didnt know what i was doing.

he got so crazy, that they actually left.

i can only imagine what they were saying on the car ride back to the office!!!

soon as they left he calmed right down and looked at me with his puppy dog eyes and said "wuv you minna" (he cant say my name) that little stinker.

someone please tell me you have had this happen before.....
jen 08:28 AM 03-11-2011
LOL! I think that they asked for it!!! That was a looonnnnggg time to occupy your time!

PS: I would guess that they have seen much, much worse!
Crystal 08:35 AM 03-11-2011
LOL! I'm suree you were fine. Most adults, and especially licensors, understand how the dynamics of adding a strange adult to the mix can get the little ones going! You have an AWESOME program, I'm sure they realize you ROCK!
nannyde 08:49 AM 03-11-2011
Originally Posted by melskids:
my licensor came today, with HER boss, and they were here for an hour and a half, just to discuss an ECERS assessment i had.

i only had two kids today. easy right?

WRONG!

they were good for most of the time, but towards the end, the 2 1/2 yr old had had enough. he started ripping throught the playroom like a tornado, throwing everything all over, and completely destroying my house. i was right on top of him, and even tried to put him in time out, (which ive NEVER done before-i never had to with him) but he wouldn't sit. he has NEVER EVER acted like that, i was so shocked, and really didnt know what to do.

it takes alot to fluster me, and get me upset, so i wasnt mad, but i was totally embarrassed, like they were gonna think i didnt know what i was doing.

he got so crazy, that they actually left.

i can only imagine what they were saying on the car ride back to the office!!!

soon as they left he calmed right down and looked at me with his puppy dog eyes and said "wuv you minna" (he cant say my name) that little stinker.

someone please tell me you have had this happen before.....
You need to perfect your stink eye
Little People 08:58 AM 03-11-2011
All my kiddo's are great kids, they mind excellent, they pick up toys as soon as they are done with them....BUT 2 different times I did an interview at 10am and they all acted out Needless to say my interviews are at 4:30/5:00 now

I think kids know when they got ya

I would not worry about it, I bet they have seen a lot worse.
Crystal 09:05 AM 03-11-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
LOL! That's funny!
melskids 09:29 AM 03-11-2011
i was soooo totally thinking of you when it was happening.

WWND?

(what would nannyde do?)
melskids 09:30 AM 03-11-2011
Originally Posted by Crystal:
LOL! I'm suree you were fine. Most adults, and especially licensors, understand how the dynamics of adding a strange adult to the mix can get the little ones going! You have an AWESOME program, I'm sure they realize you ROCK!
thanks!!!!

BTW, i got a 6.4 on my ECERS assessment!!!!
Crystal 10:26 AM 03-11-2011
thanks!!!!

BTW, i got a 6.4 on my ECERS assessment!!!!
NIIIICE!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!
melskids 10:29 AM 03-11-2011
NIIIICE!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!
welllllllllllll......it was my licensor who did it. i think she is bias and it was for practice, so when they come from the state, or whoever it is doing the "real" one, hopefully they think just as highly of me.
Zoe 10:34 AM 03-11-2011
Good job! I'm sure your dcb was just vying for your attention. An hour and a half is kinda ridiculous imho, but I understand they need to do their job. That being said, I'm sure if you had mentioned that you needed to take care of something quick they would have been fine with it.

My licensor told me she was coming over a few days ago, but wasn't sure when, to look at my new windows so that they were up to code. Well, she showed up as I was making lunch (grilled cheese sandwiches on the griddle). I asked her kindly if she could do it without me as I didn't want to leave a griddle unattended or turn it off and delay lunch. She had absolutely no problem with it!

These people get it. Don't be too embarrassed.
Crystal 10:51 AM 03-11-2011
welllllllllllll......it was my licensor who did it. i think she is bias and it was for practice, so when they come from the state, or whoever it is doing the "real" one, hopefully they think just as highly of me.
nah...I've seen you site, I've read your philosophy and, like I said before YOU ROCK!

I have done about 45 assessments and ya know what? Maybe 2 out of all of them got that high of a score......very, very good. You should be proud!
melskids 11:53 AM 03-11-2011
nah...I've seen you site, I've read your philosophy and, like I said before YOU ROCK!

I have done about 45 assessments and ya know what? Maybe 2 out of all of them got that high of a score......very, very good. You should be proud!
aww....thanks
SandeeAR 03:54 PM 03-11-2011
You know you have the "stink eye" down, when the child acts up, parent tries to correct and child continues. YOU give them the "look", and they stop, without you saying a word! I've had it happen.
nannyde 04:17 PM 03-11-2011
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
You know you have the "stink eye" down, when the child acts up, parent tries to correct and child continues. YOU give them the "look", and they stop, without you saying a word! I've had it happen.
Yes
the leadingest leader
kendallina 05:49 PM 03-11-2011
Congrats on a great score! And, as others have said, don't worry about it, I'm sure they are used to WAYYY worse!
Unregistered 06:00 AM 03-14-2011
I wouldn't advise giving a toddler a dirty look. Not only is it developmentally inappropriate, it will give them something inappropriate to model at times when you least want it to occur.

I do ECCERS and CDA observations and I've been a provider myself before working for an R&R. I EXPECT kids will act up. I'm a strager and I occupy their provider's time. I've seen it all. I wish they'd let you know they too see it all. Providers feel much more comfortable when you tell them to expect unusual behavior.
Tags:assessment, embarrassing
Reply Up