Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Poop EVERYWHERE!
Soupyszoo 10:58 AM 03-01-2012
Every time dcb poops it goes straight up his back and out his diaper everywhere

He's a bit on the large side for an 8 month old, so I'm guessing that's why this happens.

Has anyone ever had this problem? If so what can I do??
Breezy 11:03 AM 03-01-2012
Used to happen with my ds when he was that age. Nothing we could really do about it except i always kept him in diapers that were a size larger than needed so they would go higher up on his back. He could fit into size 4 now just fine but hes in size 5 and i stopped having that problem when i switched.
WImom 11:03 AM 03-01-2012
I have a 3yold DCB the same way. Not every time but if I'm not constantly checking him it will be up his back. I wish he would get interested in the potty already!!

I just have to check him all the time so it doesn't happen as often.
SunshineMama 11:03 AM 03-01-2012
Ugh my daughter was like that for months! It stopped around 12 months. Thank goodness it was MY child- I don't know if I could have handled that if it was someone else's. I changed her outfit almost once every day.

I tried larger diapers, and it didn't work. We use Pampers, which is a reliable brand, and still had issues. It was always worse when she was in the bouncer or exersaucer.

I'm sorry, I don't have a solution for you other than to just wait it out.
Country Kids 11:04 AM 03-01-2012
I had an older child like this from 18 months till about 2.5 years. Its because he would eat so much fruit, really no veggies. I still have to watch him because he will eat his fruit and nothing else. Sometimes I have to give him his fruit last so he will eat. I'm ready for him to potty train but not showing interest.
Soupyszoo 11:12 AM 03-01-2012
It's aweful! I heard it happen so I got there as soon as I was sure he was "done" but it was still too late its runny too so it was covering his whole back! There should be a little "throw up" emoticon on the right over here-->!!
bice99 11:29 AM 03-01-2012
That's when I tell parents it's time for the next size of diapers. My girls are long waisted and they never wore diapers based on the weights listed on the packages. I have had to be very firm with some parents who don't want to go up a size in diapers, but I tell them that it's a health hazard to have the poop escaping - what if they child was in my jumperoo or something? Then I have to wash everything and no one else can use it for the rest of the day.
karen 11:37 AM 03-01-2012
Yep time for the next size diapers but yuck I hate when that happens.
itlw8 12:00 PM 03-01-2012
change the diet for firmer stools can help how much fruit is served? is there juice?
Soupyszoo 12:08 PM 03-01-2012
Originally Posted by itlw8:
change the diet for firmer stools can help how much fruit is served? is there juice?
He's only 7 months, soon to be 8 mo. He's already in a size 4 pampers. He weighs 20lbs and is bigger than my 1.5yo dcb. His rear end is gigantic! I will def recommend bigger diapers. Poo particles everywhere really grosses me out! He's had a cold and diarreaha, but even when his poop is normal it still comes out his back. I don't like to give juice, and if I do on occasion, I water it down! He hasn't started solids yet, just 6oz of formula each meal.
bice99 12:25 PM 03-01-2012
I cannot stand Pampers. Maybe they need to try a different brand. But he does need bigger/different diapers.
wdmmom 12:45 PM 03-01-2012
Double diaper. If he normally wears a 3, put a 4 or 5 over the top.
spud912 12:55 PM 03-01-2012
My dd did that from ~1 month old to ~8 months old. She used to have orange (breastmilk) blow outs every day (no matter the diaper size or brand; although some were worse). She was my first so I thought that was the norm. When I had my second child, I realized that it's not the norm (I think she had ~4 blow outs in her life).
Reply Up