Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Very Loud Child.....
daycare 02:27 PM 10-16-2012
So the thread on the sensitive child really got me thinking about an issue that I have been trying to defeat for some time now.

I have 14 kids total, 12 here daily most days.

I have one dcg age 3.5 that is over the top loud. Everything she does is loud. Even just trying to talk to her she sounds like she is yelling in your face.
Well I also have 3 kids here who are very sensitive to loud. Loud voices, loud music and so on. Yes all of them are full time together too.

I have tried to talk in a whisper when I talk to this child, but she is so loud that she is never quiet long enough to hear me.

How do you get one to settle down and use an inside voice when their inside voice is always turned all the way up??
Michael 02:40 PM 10-16-2012
Tag on loud children : https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=loud
daycarediva 02:49 PM 10-16-2012
has she had her hearing tested? This was my DS, and OMG it was BAD. He had his hearing tested and needed a hearing aid. When he turned it on for the first time the dr spoke to him and he said "stop yelling!" and dh said "No, now YOU can stop yelling!"
daycare 02:58 PM 10-16-2012
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
has she had her hearing tested? This was my DS, and OMG it was BAD. He had his hearing tested and needed a hearing aid. When he turned it on for the first time the dr spoke to him and he said "stop yelling!" and dh said "No, now YOU can stop yelling!"
lol omg that is super funny.... Yes, I already talked to DCP about this and they said that her ears are fine.

She is loud with everything and is super hyper. I think it is more of a control thing than anything really. Also, I think it may have to do with the fact that her parents are yellers. they even do it here, so the saying the apple does not fall far from the tree does apply here.
Country Kids 02:05 PM 10-17-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
lol omg that is super funny.... Yes, I already talked to DCP about this and they said that her ears are fine.

She is loud with everything and is super hyper. I think it is more of a control thing than anything really. Also, I think it may have to do with the fact that her parents are yellers. they even do it here, so the saying the apple does not fall far from the tree does apply here.
Daycare-I have one exactly like this. Even whispers loud!!!! I think I'm going to ask again to have hearing tested as I had someone here in the mornings helping and they have commented how loud this child is. Also, this child seems like they have no control of actions but at what age can they test for ADD. There is also some language issues I think that should be checked out also.
Tags:loud
Reply Up