Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Your Thoughts
morgan24 04:18 AM 04-12-2011
Where I'm at, daycare is really down. I have 2 full time dcgs. One will be leaving in a month and the other one will go to preschool in the fall. Her Mom is expecting a baby so I would have that baby in Oct. I have only had one call since last August. All the other daycare's in my area are the same way. We have a providers association so we meet every couple of months and we have all been brainstorming how to get more kids. Nothing is working, there are just to many people out of work.

I live 12 miles from a big town that has 4 daycare centers. I was thinking about contacting them and seeing if they could use a fill in person. I have all the up to date requirements for the job. I could do fill in if someone calls in sick or needs a vacation. Do you guys think that would work? If so I could use some ideas on how to market myself. I also want to know if you don't think it would work and why. I am open to all suggestions and ideas. Thanks
ninosqueridos 08:46 AM 04-12-2011
sorry you're going through this I've gotten great referrals from my son's teachers (who LOVE him) at school - perhaps if you know of any local teachers, you can have them post a flyer for you in the teacher's lounge. Church is another great place to post/spread the word around. My craigslist ad (prettied up with a vflyer and also linking to my weebly daycare website) draws calls and inquiries whenever I am advertising there. I couldn't see myself working in a center so I'd do everything to not work there.

Hope everything works out whatever you decide to do ((HUGS))
daycare 09:13 AM 04-12-2011
I have also had a drought of calls as well. I am in CA.

It really stinks, because i have to jump thorugh hoops to keep my current families. even when there are times I wish I could term, I have to suck it up, becuase I am afraid I won't refill the spot for months and months to come.

This weekend I plan to hang fliers around town and go down to are rec center to see if i can network with them.

What are you doing know to market yourself??

Sorry to hear this...
PitterPatter 11:09 AM 04-12-2011
I have had my flyer posted at childrens museums, a local craft store, laundromat, the library, hospitals if they have a community board, even grocery stores when I'm desperate. Just throw a stack of flyers in the trunk and post anywhere u can. Heck I have even posted 1 in the harware store before lol it worked even if it was only 1 call it was a call. Dads have kids too

I have also posted through the news papers of course and craigslist. Some people have a facebook page even. I had a guy call from the yellow pages and ask if he could make me a deal to be listed in the yellow pages. I guess he had gotten my info from the newspaper ad.

That's it off teh top of my head. Good luck!
morgan24 01:30 PM 04-12-2011
I used to have alot of teachers kids but they are all getting older and are done having babies. I have the word out to all the business in town and the library. I don't really need the income. I like to have 6 kids instead of just 2. I like to be busy. I mostly want to do something because I'm bored. I've never worked in a center so I don't know if I would like it or not. I haven't marketed myself to the centers because I didn't know if it would be something people would be interested in. Thanks for your help!
Tags:advertising ideas, bad economy, filling spots
Reply Up