Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Typical
SilverSabre25 04:35 AM 06-18-2012
I'm trying to fill one spot. For a while now, I have noticed that the only care available in my area is for infants. Okay, I think...since I can't get an older kid and my DS is now a year old, I'd be willing to take an infant. Plus, we REALLY need the money.

So I advertise that I'm available to take any age--but I still am not keen on the "we're having a baby in 8.5 months and need child care a year from now" crowd. And wouldn't you know...

All of a sudden, it's families with 2+ kids needing care, or those expectant parents.

It's a cruel, cruel joke the world is playing on me :P
SunshineMama 04:54 AM 06-18-2012
I hear ya!

It's all kids with sibs and infants here too. Or random part time! Or rediculous, ever changing hours.
cheerfuldom 06:10 AM 06-18-2012
same here on the infants. I have a half dozen great prospects for new infants but no one wanting to start before Jan. I dont even interview more than 10 weeks from the start date, its a waste of time. I havent taken an infant for a loooooong time and of course, all that time, had multiple people wanting to start infants here.
Meyou 02:57 AM 06-19-2012
I wanted a 12 month old to fill the first of two spots I had open and I looked for 3 months. It felt like a very ending, extra frustrating search and I swear after 3 MONTHS, the SECOND I filled the spot I had 5 calls from families with 1 year olds none of whom I could even interview since I can only take an older child now with my ratios. Grrrrrr.
Tags:filling spots
Reply Up