Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pampers Diapers And Strong Odor
youretooloud 07:53 AM 04-22-2013
Dcg came in today with new Pampers diapers. The kind with the sesame street characters on them.

But, she has a very strong odor. Like a dirty hamster cage.

Is it the diapers? Or should I mention a possible UTI?

She was also at a party all day yesterday, and it was outside in the heat and sun...so, I suppose she could be a little dehydrated. Mom even mentioned that she smelled this morning. But, we thought it was just gassy.
Play Care 09:11 AM 04-22-2013
Originally Posted by youretooloud:
Dcg came in today with new Pampers diapers. The kind with the sesame street characters on them.

But, she has a very strong odor. Like a dirty hamster cage.

Is it the diapers? Or should I mention a possible UTI?

She was also at a party all day yesterday, and it was outside in the heat and sun...so, I suppose she could be a little dehydrated. Mom even mentioned that she smelled this morning. But, we thought it was just gassy.
Those are the diapers my dc boy uses. I've never noticed a dirty smell (unless he's pooped - Oh Boy!!)
youretooloud 09:17 AM 04-22-2013
Originally Posted by Play Care:
Those are the diapers my dc boy uses. I've never noticed a dirty smell (unless he's pooped - Oh Boy!!)
I put one on another kid, and he doesn't smell.

I'll mention it to mom today. I'll also get her to drink lots of water.
renodeb 12:23 PM 04-22-2013
I have never had a smell problem with pampers. Let us know what happens.
Deb
mamac 12:38 PM 04-22-2013
I have always used Pampers for my kids and the only time I've ever noticed a problem with odor is when I tried the Cruisers line. They seem to smell a little funky to me compared to the Baby Dry line. (I'm assuming this is what you use but I don't remember if the Cruisers also had Sesame St.)

I would say let the mom know though if you don't notice the odor when using them on another child.
Oneluckymom 12:50 PM 04-22-2013
Could it be that she wasn't bathed after the party?
Tags:diapers, odor, pampers
Reply Up