Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wording for Drop In Care Policy
Preschool/daycare teacher 08:22 AM 11-19-2015
I have been getting a lot more interest in the drop in care that I provide (mainly stay at home moms who need a day to get things done, or "as needed" employees), and my current policy on it was more agreed on verbally (no problems yet), along with regular policies being in writing, but I'm needing to add it to my policies so it's in writing. I was working on it last night, but I can't seem to write it down in a way that makes sense and isn't clunky sounding. I require parents to let me know at least by the day before they need care (I don't want to be woken up at 5 am with a parent asking if I'll provide care that day). I also require them to pay at the time of drop off. How can I enforce that they pay even if they cancel last minute (since I held that spot for them for that specific day that someone else could have used). I don't think I'd get anywhere asking them to pay in advance since some of the drop in families don't even live in my town and wouldn't have a chance to bring it by before they needed the care. Or can I enforce that with drop in families? I'm just afraid of getting a family who calls a week ahead, schedules a day for drop in care, other parents call later and need that day also and I have to say no because I'm already full, and then that morning the family who scheduled care doesn't show up after all. I also want to explain somehow that the sooner they let me know which day they need care, the better chance of me having availability that day. Once I'm full I plan to keep one spot open every week for the occasional drop in, so if two families needed drop in care for the same day, I wouldn't be able to.
Tags:drop in contract
Up