Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 03-04-2020, 03:10 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Easter Egg Hunt

I know it's early yet.
But I'm in the beginning efforts of planning an egg hunt here with my former dcfs. I have no idea what I'm doing but I've always wanted to have one. Any ideas or suggestions, things that work/don't work? Other activities I can provide to stretch out our time together? I'm having it on a Saturday and we're just going to get some pizzas, rather than make a bunch of foods. But it'd be fun to offer some Easter-ish or spring-ish crafts, a cute fun dessert, etc. It's not going to be huge but I don't want everybody standing around bored. There will be 3 dcfs, 4 dcks in all.

So PLEASE anything you have to offer, give it to me. THANK YOU!!!
Old 03-04-2020, 04:03 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

• I think hopping relay races or walking with spoons and eggs can be fun if your kids are old enough.
  • Dyeing, coloring or painting eggs is always a hit.
  • Pulling out a small fake Christmas tree and allowing the kids to decorate it with easter trimmings can be fun. You could probably even use a nicely shaped shrub to minimize the workload.
  • Fox, Fox, Eggs game (Duck, Duck, Goose ) can be fun if you have enough kids.
  • An easter themed scavenger hunt can be fun for kids and adults.

A simple and fun treat would be rice crispy treats with fruity pebbles mixed in for pastel colors. Goes well with pizza and super easy cleanup.
Old 03-04-2020, 07:05 AM
Day Care Owner

What ages?
Old 03-04-2020, 07:10 AM
Day Care Owner

Coloring pages while they wait.
Old 03-04-2020, 07:38 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 284878 View Post
What ages?
Youngest will be 2 yo in May, then 3, 3 and oldest is almost 7.

Thanks for the ideas so far! Starting a list so if you have more.....
Old 03-04-2020, 08:00 AM
Daycare.com Member

Egg shaped sugar cookies they can decorate
Old 03-04-2020, 10:44 AM
Daycare.com Member

I found baskets at the dollar store, getting one for the small kids in my family to decorate before the egg hunt. Foam stickers, fake flowers, ribbons, stampers.

egg hunt (we are doing glow in the dark as always)

bunny hat craft

pin the tail on the bunny

bunny hop obstacle course (have to hop like a bunny) I may even cricut some little bunny prints along the floor if I have time.

NOT even doing an egg hunt with my dck's this year. That would be disastrous.

Tags
easter - activities, easter - egg hunt, easter ideas