Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 03-15-2020, 06:07 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Quick Ques. Regarding Illness w/All New Coronavirus Stuff...

Hello all. I sent a child home sick last week with a form to be completed by the pediatrician. DCM just msgd me stating form is filled out, DCG has a dbl ear infection and upper respiratory infection. She might be back on Wednesday. I am not letting any other child here with a runny nose, etc due to the coronavirus outbreak as our state has shut down all schools. Should I let this child come back on Wednesday due to the note or keep her out until completely better? WWYD?
Old 03-15-2020, 06:43 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

If none of her conditions are contagious then itís your call. Your handbook or illness policy should dictate your response to the parents. If it were me I would refuse until she is clear of all symptoms.
Old 03-15-2020, 07:04 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
If none of her conditions are contagious then itís your call. Your handbook or illness policy should dictate your response to the parents. If it were me I would refuse until she is clear of all symptoms.
Thank you! :-)
Old 03-15-2020, 09:56 PM
Daycare.com Member

I would refuse too. No one is allowed to bring any kind of illness into my home right now. I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Old 03-16-2020, 03:39 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I also would exclude upper respiratory infections right now.
Old 03-16-2020, 05:30 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBee View Post
Hello all. I sent a child home sick last week with a form to be completed by the pediatrician. DCM just msgd me stating form is filled out, DCG has a dbl ear infection and upper respiratory infection. She might be back on Wednesday. I am not letting any other child here with a runny nose, etc due to the coronavirus outbreak as our state has shut down all schools. Should I let this child come back on Wednesday due to the note or keep her out until completely better? WWYD?
I have a similar situation with one of my dck. I told mom her kiddo needs to be 110% healthy to return. People should understand, things are different for now.

Tags
coronavirus, ear infection, illness policy