Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Re-Certification Tomorrow!!
Provider_Manda 11:39 AM 08-28-2013
Well I am having my inspection tomorrow at 10 for re-certification. I am extremely nervous b/c I am having a different inspector and I heard she is super picky. I am very glad she set up the appointment, since the other one doesn't and he just show's up. But she said she is doing a walk through my home, going down the list...NERVOUS
melilley 11:43 AM 08-28-2013
Good luck, I'm sure you will do fine! Don't let it eat you up all night either, just make sure you go over the list so she doesn't have anything to say!
Provider_Manda 12:44 PM 08-28-2013
Thanks, I hope all goes well. Our other inspector never really looked at anything, so I hope I have everything right. Lots of cleaning tonight that' for sure!
Provider_Manda 02:18 PM 08-28-2013
Can anyone leave me some idea's on what I need to have posted..My mind has went blank...lol
jenn 05:25 PM 08-28-2013
I'm sure it varies from state to state. Posted on a bulletin board, I have my emergency plans (fire, tornado...), state and city license, fire/tornado drill records, and emergency contact phone numbers. Good luck with your inspection!
AcornMama 05:48 PM 08-28-2013
In addition to those, I'm required to post a summary of the state child care law for family child care homes.
Maria2013 07:27 PM 08-28-2013
good luck to you, let us know how it goes
LK5kids 07:30 PM 08-28-2013
Good luck!!
Provider_Manda 04:18 PM 08-30-2013
Well it was a 2 hour long inspection, I have NEVER had an inspection like that before. She checked everything, even when in my basement and upstairs..which I did not like cause dck are not in those areas. I felt as if my privacy was invaded .

But she was very nice. I got a letter today I was found out of compliance due to some paperwork, and having a backup provider, and a few things missing out of my first aid. So I have 30 days to come in with compliance. So all and all it was good, she told me I done a good job, and just needed to fix a few things.
Familycare71 08:28 PM 08-30-2013
Originally Posted by Provider_Manda:
Well it was a 2 hour long inspection, I have NEVER had an inspection like that before. She checked everything, even when in my basement and upstairs..which I did not like cause dck are not in those areas. I felt as if my privacy was invaded .

But she was very nice. I got a letter today I was found out of compliance due to some paperwork, and having a backup provider, and a few things missing out of my first aid. So I have 30 days to come in with compliance. So all and all it was good, she told me I done a good job, and just needed to fix a few things.
I do not allow my inspectors in areas that are not used for care with the exception that they have to check my laundry room/furnace room and smoke detectors on my bottom level. I don't blame you for feeling angry!
But yay!! To it going well over all
Tags:certification, inspection, re-certification
Reply Up