Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Own Child Bullying
kcnjason 01:02 PM 06-02-2011
I have run a home daycare for 5 years and it's all because of my daughter who is now 5. She was very sick with breathing problems as an infant and I had to make some decisions and the big one to make was to stay home until she starts school, which is when I decided to open my own home daycare to help financially with our family. However, I'm relieved that she will be starting kindergarten this fall and I'm considering continuing daycare as I love my kids but my own daughter, 5, really is trying. I know that they say our own children are the worst. I truly feel that she is a bully. That is a horrible thing to say about our own children. She can be very sweet and helpful, but at the same time, she hits, is mean, says mean things and whenever she does get punished she pops off, "I DON'T CARE!" It seems to be an every day battle. Every day I hear the kids say to me how she is being mean and I have witnessed this and it is frusterating to me as a parent. Are there any suggestions floating around out there? I have read books, talked with her doctor and I'm about to wits end!!!!
Country Kids 01:23 PM 06-02-2011
Does she always do this or just when the dck are around? She may just truly be tired of them and tired of sharing her house and mom all the time. I have a son who was raised with childcare in our home and really has a hard time with it and he is a teenager. I have actually had to take breaks from it because he had such a hard time constantly having children here. He wasn't mean but he just the way he would be you knew he was overwhelmed by it. She maybe overstimulated by everyone and just need a break. I know we think children always need socialization but some people just can't handle it and having it everyday gets wearing on them.
Michael 02:02 PM 06-02-2011
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Does she always do this or just when the dck are around? She may just truly be tired of them and tired of sharing her house and mom all the time. I have a son who was raised with childcare in our home and really has a hard time with it and he is a teenager. I have actually had to take breaks from it because he had such a hard time constantly having children here. He wasn't mean but he just the way he would be you knew he was overwhelmed by it. She maybe overstimulated by everyone and just need a break. I know we think children always need socialization but some people just can't handle it and having it everyday gets wearing on them.
Good points. She may be protective/possessive of her environment. She may need a place she feels is her own and does not want to share her home right now.
Crystal 02:31 PM 06-02-2011
What do you do when she behaves that way?

I betcha she'll change when she goes to kindergarten. Right now she is the "big fish in a small pond" when she gets to kindy she'll be the "small fish in a big river"
Country Kids 02:36 PM 06-02-2011
Originally Posted by Crystal:
What do you do when she behaves that way?

I betcha she'll change when she goes to kindergarten. Right now she is the "big fish in a small pond" when she gets to kindy she'll be the "small fish in a big river"
For me personally, I think it was harder on my own son when he went to kindergarten because there still was no break from kids. At least at naptime he could be away from them for a couple of hours but there was no naptime at kindergarten. Like I stated earlier, some people aren't wired for constent stimulation by others.
KEG123 02:53 PM 06-02-2011
We're kinda in the same boat, except my son has only had to tolerate it the past month. He's getting better, but really enjoys his "free time" in the evenings and on weekends.
Tags:bullying
Reply Up