Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Issue With Neighbor's Pool And Parent Concerns
joyb~provider 02:35 PM 07-15-2011
Wow, this is a new one for me. My next-door neighbors just got a 15 ft above ground pool. They have no fence or gate at anything, and have no plans to get one. Too expensive, they said. This is all legal in my county though. We do a lot of outside time but my property is fenced, gates locked, etc and both me and my assistant are usually outside with them. (I mean that one of us is ALWAYS out there, usually but not always both.) Anyway a couple of dcp are going ballistic about the lack of fencing on their pool and want me to "do something about it". One dcm is convinced that little Johnny cannot be contained around a pool and will rush out of my sight, scale the fence, and drown before I know it.

I don't know what I CAN do about this. I don't really even know these people that well, I don't see them very much. Either way I don't think I could exactly force them to build a fence to alleviate my dcp concerns, ya know?
Tags:2011, neighbor issue, pool, safety issues
Up