Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
amberrose3dg 06:20 AM 11-24-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Have GOT to find my backbone.
This dear sweet dcm..... and it's my own fault for not talking about it with her, face to face, a long time ago. Her contracted hours are until 4:45. After a few months of her coming to pick up closer to 5 every single day, I sent a newsletter home to everyone, telling them all to check their signed contracts and make sure they're picking up on time, then reminded them of what their late fees would be if they didn't. Very passive-aggressive and chicken $hit of me but I thought it'd work. Well, it didn't. She's not supposed to work past 4:30 because she works for the state and according to her dh, the dept. can get into trouble if their workers work over. She usually picks up at 5. Tonight I get a text at 5:02, saying she lost her ice scraper and is running behind because she's letting her windows defrost. Getting out at 4:30 she should've had plenty of time to defrost her windows, especially if she had planned a little bit in advance and started her car earlier. And our town is so small that it doesn't take more than 3 minutes to drive here. But she gets here about 5:10. Apologized, yes. But it shouldn't have happened.
MY FAULT. And I'm as angry with myself as I am with her.
Starting with the new year, I'm going to have to write up new contracts.
Grrr, just had to vent.
I wonder why she is going on 30 minutes late. You have to say something if you don't they will take advantage!
Josiegirl 09:32 AM 11-24-2018
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg:
I wonder why she is going on 30 minutes late. You have to say something if you don't they will take advantage!
Basically, because she can. Lol I've made the huge mistake of allowing it to happen. That's why I need to pick a date(New Year is a good time, right?)and have everyone sign a new contract. She has no clue whatsoever what time she contracted for but it's 4:45, because technically she's supposed to be out of work at 4:30. But that doesn't happen. You're right; I do have to say something because she has no clue.
MomBoss 07:29 AM 11-26-2018
Inconsistant drop off times....i just cant!!!!!
CountryRoads 07:43 AM 11-26-2018
Dcb has NEVER shown an interest in potty here. He always goes potty in his pull up, wakes up from nap with wet pull up, has never told me he has to go, etc.
He shows up this morning in UNDERWEAR. Dcm swears he has used the potty the past 2 days. "I thought this would be a good trial run."
UM NO. I make it very clear in my handbook, child must be potty trained at home first, then I will ASSIST here. I don't consider 2 days potty trained. And unless a miracle happened over the Thanksgiving break, I don't believe he used it every time he had to go.
I made it clear to dcm that he has not shown an interest in it here, and asked her if she had pull ups. I guess we will see what happens.
Flowerchild 12:30 PM 11-27-2018
All is well I preschool 😊 but I wish they would listen to me. It's like speaking to brick walls 😥😝😡👿
CountryRoads 07:41 AM 11-29-2018
4 inches of snow outside. I hear dcm tell her 2.5 year old to take off his boots at the door, I then hear "No" and boots walking through my house.
Yup, tracked dirt and snow all through our living room, dining room, and all the way down the stairs.
Dcm says "I told him to take off his boots but he didn't want to."
Thanks alot, dcm.
amberrose3dg 07:59 AM 11-29-2018
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
4 inches of snow outside. I hear dcm tell her 2.5 year old to take off his boots at the door, I then hear "No" and boots walking through my house.
Yup, tracked dirt and snow all through our living room, dining room, and all the way down the stairs.
Thanks alot, dcm.
That would piss me off something bad. I cannot stand the disrespect especially from parents who know better. Tell her she can not come next time it snows since she cannot take her kids boots off.
MomBoss 08:05 AM 11-29-2018
I find it very disrespectful that this parent who is suppose to drop off at 8:15, decided to haVe her child go with to a dr apt and didnt tell me they will be late. An hour after he was suppose to be here, i text her asking if shes coming today.
This is not a drop in whenever daycare. I have a schedule, curriculum and a routine.
CountryRoads 08:09 AM 11-29-2018
That would piss me off something bad. I cannot stand the disrespect especially from parents who know better. Tell her she can not come next time it snows since she cannot take her kids boots off.
I am so mad! I would never allow my child to walk through someones house with snowy, muddy boots.
amberrose3dg 08:41 AM 11-29-2018
I am so mad! I would never allow my child to walk through someones house with snowy, muddy boots.
Nope but instead she thinks it is ok to do that in your home so she doesn't have to hear the kid scream. I would tell her she is paying the cleaning bill.
Josiegirl 09:42 AM 11-29-2018
Thanks alot, dcm.
Does dcm realize what a wimpy parent that makes her out to be?? Dcm, your ds will be such a joy to be around when he hits his teenage years
Indoorvoice 03:20 PM 11-30-2018
Maybe I'm just a stick in the mud these days, but my sister in law just invited my family to Chuck e cheese tomorrow because my 3.5 year old nephew goes poop on the potty now... Really? Are we seriously having potty training parties now? I can't. I didn't agree with the way she trained him (shaming, bribing) and I can't bring myself to entertain this.
Josiegirl 03:25 PM 11-30-2018
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
Maybe I'm just a stick in the mud these days, but my sister in law just invited my family to Chuck e cheese tomorrow because my 3.5 year old nephew goes poop on the potty now... Really? Are we seriously having potty training parties now? I can't. I didn't agree with the way she trained him (shaming, bribing) and I can't bring myself to entertain this.
Haha usually we just clap or do a little potty dance or something, but wow, you all get to go to Chuck e Cheese?? It's like the tooth fairy used to give shiny dimes and now she hands out 5-10 dollar bills to all the kids.
Jupadia 04:19 PM 11-30-2018
My husband was giving out full 6inch turtle figures to our oldest to bribe him to use the potty. After so many times, I had bought a good size stack at like $5 each (normal round 10 to 12). But had ment to stash them away for Christmas and his February birthday. (Yes got them in like April that year but they were on sale). Though I think he just could not wait to give him them. Needless to say, it did not make him train faster and there is no way the youngest is getting those kinda prizes.
Josiegirl 03:54 PM 12-01-2018
This vent is OT but grrr. Maybe the season is turning me into an ole grouch now. I've ordered probably 100 things off amazon this year and every single order has been done right. Not one problem or issue. I placed one order, ONE measly order of 2 items with a different place. One of them I have to return because it's the wrong item. And the worst part is the 1 item I originally ordered is now out of stock so I cannot even reorder.
Indoorvoice 04:42 AM 12-05-2018
All of my families now have sent me a text similar to this at some time or another : "we're running late this morning. Child is still sleeping!" And also this: "I'm running late for pick up, my meeting went late." How is it that you can be willing to be late to your job because of your child's needs, but can't leave work early for daycare? Wake your kid up! Don't you have to be to work on time? I certainly do!
amberrose3dg 05:17 AM 12-05-2018
All of my families now have sent me a text similar to this at some time or another : "we're running late this morning. Child is still sleeping!" And also this: "I'm running late for pick up, my meeting went late." How is it that you can be willing to be late to your job because of your child's needs, but can't leave work early for daycare? Wake your kid up! Don't you have to be to work on time? I certainly do!
Ugh that drives me bonkers. I bet I have some of that coming my way right before Christmas break.
Cat Herder 06:44 AM 12-05-2018
My chore calendar says I am doing windows today but my energy level says "just close the blinds".

It is still early, we shall see, we shall see.
Baby Beluga 07:43 AM 12-05-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
My chore calendar says I am doing windows today but my energy level says "just close the blinds".

I hate windows.
daycarediva 10:42 AM 12-05-2018
INSANE!

I don't cajole, bribe, reward, shame, etc for ANYTHING. Parents just when I refuse. But a party? Nope. I would be busy.
Cat Herder 12:30 PM 12-05-2018
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
INSANE!

I don't cajole, bribe, reward, shame, etc for ANYTHING. Parents just when I refuse. But a party? Nope. I would be busy.
I'd bet it was because of the free tokens when parents complete their potty training calendar. https://www.chuckecheese.com/kids-co...wards-calendar
LittleExplorers 06:49 AM 12-06-2018
I am all for medicating only when necessary and natural treatments at home.

However, when your child had been pulling on their ear and says owie and doesn't sleep well, fill the prescription. That's why the doc gave it to you and said if she doesn't improve in a few days to start it a month ago.

Uggg.
CountryRoads 05:48 PM 12-06-2018
Dcm, I really don't care that you dropped off your child yesterday even though you didn't have to work. Honestly, I don't care. But please don't lie to me!! You told me you had a flexible schedule at work yesterday, so if dcg got too cranky (you know, because he didn't feel very good), to call you and you could pick him up. When in reality, you went home afterwards and took a nap. And still picked up your child around the time you usually do.
Why lie?
sharlan 06:19 PM 12-06-2018

Not my favorite chore. I have 32 windows. Only 12 of which are downstairs.
Blackcat31 09:11 AM 12-07-2018
I currently have 3 DCK's crying because I took a penny away from them. (all are 2.5 and 3 yrs old)

One is crying because he "found" it and I won't let him keep it.

One is crying because he brought and I won't let him keep it.

The other one is crying because he didn't find anything and he didn't bring anything and I won't let him see it or have it.

Lord, please let this day be over before my patience is gone.
happymom 11:05 AM 12-07-2018
My son was selling tickets to his play. Only $5 each in advance.
My friend wanted 2, the day I posted (on fb) about it.
I followed up 2 weeks later (the deadline) asking if she still wanted them. She wants them, but offered to pay me later. I made it clear that I was paying up front out of pocket.

Day of, I text her to remind her of the play.

She says her 1 year old is sick and has a fever too high. Does not offer to pay me for the tickets anyway.

During the play she posts a picture of her 1 year old out in the snow, full snow suit, but using zip lock backs under her shoes because she "doesn't have boots yet"...

OK.
Flowerchild 02:27 PM 12-07-2018
I understand that kids day things weather or not they are being mean or honest but it hurts when the child says you have a weird body. I'm obese and have an ugly back because of ir. It hurts my feelings. Ijoke it off with them but it hurts my feelings. Will I be fat and ugly forever? 😭😭😭😭
happymom 02:34 PM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by Flowerchild:
I understand that kids day things weather or not they are being mean or honest but it hurts when the child says you have a weird body. I'm obese and have an ugly back because of ir. It hurts my feelings. Ijoke it off with them but it hurts my feelings. Will I be fat and ugly forever? 😭😭😭😭

MomBoss 02:28 PM 12-12-2018
I hate how slow parents are getting their kids ready to go home. Just throw their coat and shoes on dang!
Indoorvoice 05:10 PM 12-12-2018
All of my families suck this week. I'm ready to shut down the daycare and just say "good luck finding a new daycare!!!" to the whole lot of them. Every single one of them have pushed the boundaries and broken rules this week and it's only Wednesday. Tonight took the cake when one showed up at 8 as Im putting my own kids to bed wondering if they left dcb's blankie here, which isn't allowed anyway. How fricken rude. I'm so done. So done. BTW, it wasn't here. Honestly, I'm job searching as we speak. I just can't anymore.
CountryRoads 09:20 AM 12-13-2018
I am so tired of disrespectful parents!

I watched dcm walk in out house with snow all over her boots and not even try to stomp off the snow on the rug. Just walked right through the rest of our house and downstairs.
amberrose3dg 10:32 AM 12-13-2018
All of my families suck this week. I'm ready to shut down the daycare and just say "good luck finding a new daycare!!!" to the whole lot of them. Every single one of them have pushed the boundaries and broken rules this week and it's only Wednesday. Tonight took the cake when one showed up at 8 as Im putting my own kids to bed wondering if they left dcb's blankie here, which isn't allowed anyway. How fricken rude. I'm so done. So done. BTW, it wasn't here. Honestly, I'm job searching as we speak. I just can't anymore.
This is me as we speak lol. I have had nothing but bull**** since August or so from people. Everyone has pushed my buttons this week. I had planned to go to only before and after in January. I now only have 6 kids during the day so i no longer need an assistant. I was gonna power through to June. I do not know if I can last. I have an interview Monday for a programming job from home. If I get it bye bye aaf parents! I will miss most of my kids.
MelissaP 06:26 PM 12-17-2018
Seriously though. I have a mom of an almost 2 year old girl, BUT.. she is awful with my cat! Today she pulled and poked at her until she cried (the cat cried). I have been telling mom when she picks up that she has been rough with the cat but today I was at my witts end and informed mom that if the behavior doesn't change, that care will be terminated. Mom goes on about how I haven't mentioned anything.. blah blah blah (I have). And that it doesn't seem "conducive to over coming the issue but instead terminating". Whatever. She told me essentially that I need to keep the cat locked up in the basement while her child is there because her child is still a "baby" and doesn't understand. Oh please, girl will be two on the 12th. And on top of that, the little girl sits at the top of the stairs and waits for the cat to come up and start meowing and torments her on the side of the gate. She has colored on my furniture, ripped half the decorations off of my tree and gets into everything.. I'm so frustrated. She is a mean little thing and I hope mom pulls her. Grr.
Snowmom 10:24 AM 12-18-2018
Christmas Time.

I loooove the season.
I truly HATE how it makes me want to quit my job.

Every single year someone either gives notice to get out of paying for the extra holiday pay or try to find a way to argue their way out of paying. OR brings sick kids they know they're not suppose to bring and make me be the "bad guy" telling them no.

Way to make me feel grateful that I help raise your kids.
I want to cry that I actually want to tell off every single one of these families this week. The week before Christmas is the worst. Screw this. Their family presents are going back in stockpile and I'm eating their treats I made them.
amberrose3dg 10:25 AM 12-18-2018
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
Christmas Time.

I loooove the season.

Every single year someone either gives notice to get out of paying for the extra holiday pay or try to find a way to argue their way out of paying. OR brings sick kids they know they're not suppose to bring and make me be the "bad guy" telling them no.

I want to cry that I actually want to tell off every single one of these families this week. The week before Christmas is the worst. Screw this. Their family presents are going back in stockpile and I'm eating their treats I made them.
I know what you mean. These last few months have done a number on me. I am down to 6 during the day but cannot function anymore. I am only doing before and after with 2 hour max a day. I need my life back!
Blackcat31 12:43 PM 12-18-2018
Christmas Time.

I loooove the season.

Yep. It's why I don't do any type of Christmas anything with the kids anymore.
I have long time families ask "Aren't you doing a gift exchange this year?" or a Christmas party?

"nope. I am closed for the next week and half. You can do all the baking and Christmas-y stuff you want with your child then."

Those that try to negotiate payment over the holidays are usually the only ones that get a rate increase upon the new year.

Those that give notice.....can keep their notice and go today. Like right now. Bye Felicia!!
amberrose3dg 03:38 AM 12-19-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Yep. It's why I don't do any type of Christmas anything with the kids anymore.
I have long time families ask "Aren't you doing a gift exchange this year?" or a Christmas party?

"nope. I am closed for the next week and half. You can do all the baking and Christmas-y stuff you want with your child then."

Those that try to negotiate payment over the holidays are usually the only ones that get a rate increase upon the new year.

Those that give notice.....can keep their notice and go today. Like right now. Bye Felicia!!
All of this!
Flowerchild 01:17 PM 12-19-2018
This year is killing me. Today a child mocked how i said yes when she asked to go to the bathroom. Disrwspectful. I have no car and no ride for a while because my rides transmission went out. No laundry facility so im spending my holday doimg a weeks worth of laundry in the sink. Cleaned up toys and put them back in right place for the hundredth time this week because kids wont. Lots of personal stuff. Weight and confidence stuff. I just wanna cry 😞
Blackcat31 01:32 PM 12-19-2018
This year is killing me. Today a child mocked how i said yes when she asked to go to the bathroom. Disrwspectful. I have no car and no ride for a while because my rides transmission went out. No laundry facility so im spending my holday doimg a weeks worth of laundry in the sink. Cleaned up toys and put them back in right place for the hundredth time this week because kids wont. Lots of personal stuff. Weight and confidence stuff. I just wanna cry 😞
Do you have an area bus line that you could utilize?
A dial-a-ride option? I remember the days of being creative in regards to getting my laundry done.

I advised both my kids to use dial-a-ride or the local bus lines to get to the laundromat. Do you live in an apartment building where you could maybe ride share with a neighbor that also needs to do their laundry?

Don't let the kiddos get you down.... if they say anything that is hurtful or unkind, take it as an opportunity to teach them how hurtful their comments can be. It's a step in eliminating societies need to belittle or be judgmental about others.

If you can take a moment to teach the little one that made you feel badly that their words were unkind, maybe they'll take the lesson to heart and pay it forward so they can be the type of adult that isn't hurtful or mean towards others.

Either way though, don't let others make you feel bad.
Dont give anyone the power to make you feel less than you! You are important and you are valued.
Mom2Two 02:06 PM 12-19-2018
Thanks alot, dcm.
I keep imagining different takes on this: "I told him to stop throwing china plates in Bed Bath and Beyond...but he didn't want to." "I told him to stop running towards the highway, but he didn't want to."

Get real, dcm!!!
Mom2Two 02:13 PM 12-19-2018
Christmas Time.

I loooove the season.

I was planning a daycare gift buying trip tonight...now I'm wondering if I'm doing the right thing! My families haven't been awful though--yet. Fingers crossed!
Mom2Two 02:14 PM 12-19-2018

Ariana 05:46 AM 12-20-2018
Every single time a parent in care decides now is the time to potty train they never ever consult with me.

My conversation with DCD this morning:
DCD: so we are going to try potty training over the holiday to see how things go, she is expressing some interest (child is 20 months and barely talks here).
Me: ok sounds good, keep it positive and if she is ready it will go really well and she will be trained pretty quickly.
DCD: Well my wife has read a bunch of potty books so....
Me: Yeah I have trained a bunch of kids so....sometimes books don’t tell you everything.

Why do parents think they are experts when they have ZERO experience and read a few books written by God knows who?!
BumbleBee 10:29 AM 12-20-2018
Throwing a fit until you puke. Just what I wanted to deal with during nap time. Grrrrrr
Jiminycrickets 11:04 AM 12-20-2018
Well, thanks, DCM, for telling me that you get your 2.5 year old to go occupy himself by telling him "go clean up X toy" so he gets distracted and sits and plays with it instead.
At least it explains why I cannot for the life of me get him to pick up toys here without stopping to play with every single one of them.
Ac114 08:03 AM 12-21-2018
It took everything in me to get excited about a Christmas party for my kiddos. I bought balloons and streamers last night to decorate. Hung streamers from the ceiling to hang in strips and taped balloons all over the walls. DCM walked in and encourages her 2.5 year old to pull the streamers from the ceiling and the balloons off the wall 😩 for real? And then DCG pops a balloon which mom laughs and encourages. Why thank you mom because clearly I have other small children that can choke on the latex.
sharlan 03:57 PM 12-21-2018
Originally Posted by Ac114:
It took everything in me to get excited about a Christmas party for my kiddos. I bought balloons and streamers last night to decorate. Hung streamers from the ceiling to hang in strips and taped balloons all over the walls. DCM walked in and encourages her 2.5 year old to pull the streamers from the ceiling and the balloons off the wall 😩 for real? And then DCG pops a balloon which mom laughs and encourages. Why thank you mom because clearly I have other small children that can choke on the latex.
Some people just don't think.

I do not allow any balloons on my property. One of my former dcfs neighbor's young daughter choked to death on a balloon while sitting on the couch between her parents while watching tv.
Josiegirl 01:41 AM 12-22-2018
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Some people just don't think.

I do not allow any balloons on my property. One of my former dcfs neighbor's young daughter choked to death on a balloon while sitting on the couch between her parents while watching tv.
Oh my Can't even imagine.
Flowerchild 09:11 AM 12-27-2018
Originally Posted by Jiminycrickets:
Well, thanks, DCM, for telling me that you get your 2.5 year old to go occupy himself by telling him "go clean up X toy" so he gets distracted and sits and plays with it instead.
At least it explains why I cannot for the life of me get him to pick up toys here without stopping to play with every single one of them.
My preschoolers do that. It's annoying. One child though never cleans up 😒
Flowerchild 09:15 AM 12-27-2018
Do you have an area bus line that you could utilize?
A dial-a-ride option? I remember the days of being creative in regards to getting my laundry done.

I advised both my kids to use dial-a-ride or the local bus lines to get to the laundromat. Do you live in an apartment building where you could maybe ride share with a neighbor that also needs to do their laundry?

Don't let the kiddos get you down.... if they say anything that is hurtful or unkind, take it as an opportunity to teach them how hurtful their comments can be. It's a step in eliminating societies need to belittle or be judgmental about others.

If you can take a moment to teach the little one that made you feel badly that their words were unkind, maybe they'll take the lesson to heart and pay it forward so they can be the type of adult that isn't hurtful or mean towards others.

Either way though, don't let others make you feel bad.
Dont give anyone the power to make you feel less than you! You are important and you are valued.
Thanks. I'm working it out. It just overwhelmed me. This years been bad 😞 I mighrvhave to do my laundry in the sink which is ok but annoying. If I put towels out on a clear day it rains. Never fails lol
BumbleBee 01:50 PM 01-03-2019
The defiance amongst the kids here today is ridiculous. It's 3 particular kids but man they just don't stop. They dig in and that's it, even when they're given an 'out' they hold strong.

Hopefully the stubbornness and defiance will serve them well one day but holy Toledo they are maxing out my mental fortitude!
LittleExplorers 07:13 AM 01-08-2019
Why are some parents so afraid to say no to their kids? They need discipline. Mom of almost 2 year old comes with a stuffy she could just not let go of. I take it and hand it back. I have a "if you bring it, I wash it and you leave it here" policy and germs have been going around. Mom says I know but I just can't tell her no. Today she comes with two Peppa Pig toothbrushes, same reason, it's so cute and I can't say no. So now you want her to carry around and get them full of germs?! Again, I say here you go mom, hand them back and say see you later.
Blackcat31 07:47 AM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by LittleExplorers:
Why are some parents so afraid to say no to their kids? They need discipline. Mom of almost 2 year old comes with a stuffy she could just not let go of. I take it and hand it back. I have a "if you bring it, I wash it and you leave it here" policy and germs have been going around. Mom says I know but I just can't tell her no. Today she comes with two Peppa Pig toothbrushes, same reason, it's so cute and I can't say no. So now you want her to carry around and get them full of germs?! Again, I say here you go mom, hand them back and say see you later.
I used to be the "bad guy" upon drop off for years.
Parents never changed and were clearly comfortable with me playing that role.

I got tired of it after a bit and started saying things like "I know it's hard to say no to your child but you'll have to as she can't stay until you take (item) from her and bring it to the car."

Then I turned around and went about my business while mom or dad tried to figure out how to take X from their child.

I refuse to be the bad guy when parents create the issue.

I am responsible only for what I cause/create (in regards to the DCK's).
LittleExplorers 07:55 AM 01-08-2019

I got tired of it after a bit and started saying things like "I know it's hard to say no to your child but you'll have to as she can't stay until you take (item) from her and bring it to the car."

Then I turned around and went about my business while mom or dad tried to figure out how to take X from their child.

I refuse to be the bad guy when parents create the issue.

I am responsible only for what I cause/create (in regards to the DCK's).
What an awesome way to handle it. Definitely going to do this!
Cat Herder 09:00 AM 01-12-2019
I don't like working on Saturdays. I am doing a huge playroom reorg, floor wax and disinfect today. Of course, it is raining and the wax refuses to dry... I am not so patiently waiting.

I am too wired, impatient and irritated to read a book.

Sure I could jump on the elliptical, but that is simply not going to happen.

Hope you guys are having a better day.
Snowmom 01:27 PM 01-14-2019
I don't like working on Saturdays. I am doing a huge playroom reorg, floor wax and disinfect today. Of course, it is raining and the wax refuses to dry... I am not so patiently waiting.

I am too wired, impatient and irritated to read a book.

Sure I could jump on the elliptical, but that is simply not going to happen.

Hope you guys are having a better day.
Eeks. Saturday and work should never mix!
Cat Herder 02:32 PM 01-14-2019
Eeks. Saturday and work should never mix!
So true. (DH was out of town) But the playroom was so much nicer today. Everything flowed better and I was able to store away 2 high chairs, a crib and a soft climber for some serious usable floor space.

Only one more infant to turn 12 months and I am back to no high chairs or cribs for a while. I love that for free space and clear view, it feels like we can breathe better.. This summer I had 5 kids 12 months and under. Ugh the clutter.
Ac114 08:57 AM 01-15-2019
I hate my parents this week. 5 different kids are out with illnesses. 2 of the 5 were sent home because they were sent in with fevers. Oh so and so has a cough but they seem ok, bye have a good day. Nope she goes home within the hour with a fever over 101 and barky cough.

2nd child- moms sends me a message before he gets here that doctors said his fever is a side effect from getting tubes and could last up to 10 days. He’s still really fussy, not eating and taking Tylenol and Morton around the clock but I think once he’s round his friends he will cheer right up..... are you freakin serious?!? Um no you can not bring your child with a fever of any kind for whatever reason. And just because you’re a nurse I don’t take your word for what it is. A fever of any kind is because they are battling something contagious.

Did I mention I hate my parents this week?
Blackcat31 09:08 AM 01-15-2019
I hate my parents this week. 5 different kids are out with illnesses. 2 of the 5 were sent home because they were sent in with fevers. Oh so and so has a cough but they seem ok, bye have a good day. Nope she goes home within the hour with a fever over 101 and barky cough.

2nd child- moms sends me a message before he gets here that doctors said his fever is a side effect from getting tubes and could last up to 10 days. He’s still really fussy, not eating and taking Tylenol and Morton around the clock but I think once he’s round his friends he will cheer right up..... are you freakin serious?!? Um no you can not bring your child with a fever of any kind for whatever reason. And just because you’re a nurse I don’t take your word for what it is. A fever of any kind is because they are battling something contagious.

Did I mention I hate my parents this week?

Right there with ya.....
MamaG2903 10:16 AM 01-16-2019
I finally termed the infant and mother from hell... 2.5 more days! Baby has been ill, spiked a 105 fever and I had to call mom 75 times before she finally answered. Gave me a hard time about picking up baby and taking her to urgent care... Then texted me acting like I'm crazy because "the fever was only 103" 🙄 That day it was 2 degrees out and I had mom take baby without a hat/coat because she was burning up! Then this week, baby spikes a 103 fever with a rash - mom gives me crap about picking her up because she has to work. Then asked if she could bring her back! Umm NO. I told her I think baby has roseola and she treats me like I'm an idiot... I have 3 kids of my own and have been watching kids for 12 years, but okay expert mom with a 10 month old 🙄

Did I mention she's my cousin? Omg the next 2 days will DRAG.
Msdunny 12:03 PM 01-16-2019
I have a 5 month old that only comes Monday and Wednesday all day. She JUST WILL NOT sleep unless she is being held and rocked, but will scream if she isn't being held and rocked. The swing won't calm her, and I can't just sit for the next two hours and rock her. She will drop off, but promptly wakes when I try to put her down at all, and comences screaming.

AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
BumbleBee 04:59 PM 01-16-2019

2nd child- moms sends me a message before he gets here that doctors said his fever is a side effect from getting tubes and could last up to 10 days.
10 days? Wtf is she smoking??? Everything I've read says low grade fever or fever up to 102 for 24-72 hrs can be a normal side effect from anethesia.

Either way with the other symptoms, even w/o a fever, he'd be excluded here.

Dcp can be a real treat sometimes. 🙄
amberrose3dg 03:36 AM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by MamaG2903:
I finally termed the infant and mother from hell... 2.5 more days! Baby has been ill, spiked a 105 fever and I had to call mom 75 times before she finally answered. Gave me a hard time about picking up baby and taking her to urgent care... Then texted me acting like I'm crazy because "the fever was only 103" 🙄 That day it was 2 degrees out and I had mom take baby without a hat/coat because she was burning up! Then this week, baby spikes a 103 fever with a rash - mom gives me crap about picking her up because she has to work. Then asked if she could bring her back! Umm NO. I told her I think baby has roseola and she treats me like I'm an idiot... I have 3 kids of my own and have been watching kids for 12 years, but okay expert mom with a 10 month old 🙄

Did I mention she's my cousin? Omg the next 2 days will DRAG.
103 or 105 is really high for an infant! What did the dr say was wrong with her she wanted to come back? I would exclude for 24 hours so she wouldn't be able to even come back the next day!
Blackcat31 06:05 AM 01-17-2019
103 or 105 is really high for an infant! What did the dr say was wrong with her she wanted to come back? I would exclude for 24 hours so she wouldn't be able to even come back the next day!
Sent home from care = 48 hours exclusion.

Silly parent. Had mom used her head and kept her child home on her own parenting "smarts" the child would only be excluded for 24 hours....

Sometimes you have to "inconvenience" them to help them understand your illness policy.
Flowerchild 12:49 PM 01-17-2019
I either love this job or hate it. Bad days make me want to quit and good days I don't want the day to end. It's bipolar ish. They are really nitpicking and changing how stuffs done and it's stressing me. Makes me feel incompetent. I hate this place today. Yesterday loved it. It sucks. Wish I only had good daya
Flowerchild 12:58 PM 01-17-2019
I love all my kids. I just hate their behavior.......
CountryRoads 07:37 AM 01-18-2019
Don't you love when parents say "He/she wouldn't let me..." or "He/she wouldn't do this or that..."
I'm sorry dcm, but it doesn't matter if dcb "didn't want to" or "wouldn't let you", spurs are not appropriate attire for daycare.
sharlan 07:40 AM 01-18-2019
Don't you love when parents say "He/she wouldn't let me..." or "He/she wouldn't do this or that..."
I'm sorry dcm, but it doesn't matter if dcb "didn't want to" or "wouldn't let you", spurs are not appropriate attire for daycare.

I hear "You're the only one she'll listen to. She won't listen to anybody else" on a weekly basis. I just shake my head and walk away.
LostMyMarbles 08:39 AM 01-18-2019
Spurs....are you kidding. Who in their right m8nd thinks that ok. What did you do?
CountryRoads 09:07 AM 01-18-2019
Originally Posted by LostMyMarbles:
Spurs....are you kidding. Who in their right m8nd thinks that ok. What did you do?
I know, right?! It was funny (well not funny in a "haha" way, more in a "you're ridiculous" kind of way) because mom tried to take off his boots to put them in the basket and he started throwing a fit (he's 2). So mom says "fine, I'll just let her (me) deal with it."
I took off his boots and he pouted in a corner for a few minutes and then he was over it.
She made comments like "he is so hard headed, he had to wear them, he wouldn't leave without them, etc."
IMO, the parents are the worst part of this job.
amberrose3dg 09:31 AM 01-18-2019
I know, right?! It was funny (well not funny in a "haha" way, more in a "you're ridiculous" kind of way) because mom tried to take off his boots to put them in the basket and he started throwing a fit (he's 2). So mom says "fine, I'll just let her (me) deal with it."
I took off his boots and he pouted in a corner for a few minutes and then he was over it.
She made comments like "he is so hard headed, he had to wear them, he wouldn't leave without them, etc."
IMO, the parents are the worst part of this job.
You got that right!
Blackcat31 09:48 AM 01-18-2019
So mom says "fine, I'll just let her (me) deal with it."
Oh h3ll no!

Daycare parents don't pay me to parent for them.

I'd have laughed right in her face and said "I don't offer parenting services. You'll have to figure this one out on your own. Send him down when he's ready."
Josiegirl 10:06 AM 01-18-2019
Argh dcm came at 10 to meet with a couple ladies to assess her 2 yo dd for speech development. They left at 11 and lunch time was HE!! between hungry kids and dcg crying for mommy. Poor dcg is still crying for mommy.

Sometimes my heart breaks for these little ones and their strong emotions with little understanding of why things happen.
Bluemoon5 10:26 AM 01-18-2019
Apparently I supposed to be able to control my coworkers' actions, attitudes, and facial expressions after I've left for the day. My room, my responsibility, even when I'm not there. When I develop my telekenetic, mind controlling powers I'll let you know.
MomBoss 02:39 PM 01-22-2019
I have a camera that points to the front of the house so i can see when parents arrive. One child left and I see his aunt just sitting in the car. I want to be done with my day, come get your nephew!!
LostMyMarbles 02:49 PM 01-22-2019
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
I have a camera that points to the front of the house so i can see when parents arrive. One child left and I see his aunt just sitting in the car. I want to be done with my day, come get your nephew!!
I'm looking into a camera for my house too. What brand do you have?
amberrose3dg 04:45 PM 01-22-2019
Is the kid that bad that she doesn't want to get him?
MomBoss 05:51 AM 01-23-2019
Originally Posted by LostMyMarbles:
I'm looking into a camera for my house too. What brand do you have?
Lorex, battery- wireless
CountryRoads 06:53 AM 01-23-2019
Dcm constantly complains about how difficult her child is and just how hard her life is in general. She does not have a hard life, she's just that dramatic everything.
Every morning I have to hear about how dcb threw a fit at dinner, or how he woke up once () last night. About how she can't ever do anything because of dcb and how she never gets a break for him. Even though she goes to work for 10 hours a day and takes days off and still brings him here. About how he cried at the grocery store or the doctor's office. It goes on and on.
She is so exhausting.
Sweet pea 09:40 AM 01-23-2019
Dcm constantly complains about how difficult her child is and just how hard her life is in general. She does not have a hard life, she's just that dramatic everything.
Every morning I have to hear about how dcb threw a fit at dinner, or how he woke up once () last night. About how she can't ever do anything because of dcb and how she never gets a break for him. Even though she goes to work for 10 hours a day and takes days off and still brings him here. About how he cried at the grocery store or the doctor's office. It goes on and on.
She is so exhausting.
I have that same parent, only problem is she’s the lead community teacher for our head office 😬
Ariana 07:40 AM 01-25-2019
I have parents like this!!! One mom sat in my driveway and ate McDonald’s.
Cat Herder 08:05 AM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I have parents like this!!! One mom sat in my driveway and ate McDonald’s.
That has happened here, too, except it was subway.

I texted her "The kids are all watching you eat from the playroom window, it is pretty disruptive. I need you to head down to the end of the cul-de-sac to park or come on in. Thanks."

She came in sheepishly.
Josiegirl 09:34 AM 01-25-2019
That has happened here, too, except it was subway.

I texted her "The kids are all watching you eat from the playroom window, it is pretty disruptive. I need you to head down to the end of the cul-de-sac to park or come on in. Thanks."

She came in sheepishly.
Oh I love that!!!! Caught like a deer in the headlights
CeriBear 06:56 AM 01-26-2019
I love all my kids. I just hate their behavior.......
100% true.
Indoorvoice 04:49 AM 01-28-2019
We're in the middle of a huge snowstorm with blowing snow. I offered to credit today if people stayed home as I can't keep up with snow removal and it's only going to get worse as the day goes on. One parent had the nerve to comment on my sidewalk being a mess. I snowblowed it at 5 before my kids woke up but it's already covered so I'm already over today Should have just closed. Even colleges and doctor's offices are closed.
CountryRoads 06:42 AM 01-28-2019
We're in the middle of a huge snowstorm with blowing snow. I offered to credit today if people stayed home as I can't keep up with snow removal and it's only going to get worse as the day goes on. One parent had the nerve to comment on my sidewalk being a mess. I snowblowed it at 5 before my kids woke up but it's already covered so I'm already over today Should have just closed. Even colleges and doctor's offices are closed.
We have really crappy weather, too. Last week, I had a dcm make a couple comments about the "situation" in front of our steps. Look lady, my husband shovels, sweeps, and puts down salt every morning before anyone arrives. We can't control the weather!
Blackcat31 07:03 AM 01-28-2019
We have really crappy weather, too. Last week, I had a dcm make a couple comments about the "situation" in front of our steps. Look lady, my husband shovels, sweeps, and puts down salt every morning before anyone arrives. We can't control the weather!
When this type of thing happens, I would make a point of addressing the parent's role/responsibility in this.

When winter begins, I usually include something like this in my newsletter:

Parents ~ I will do my best to provide a safe, clean walk area while maintaining proper supervision for my daycare children.

Parents must understand that the children's safety is my priority and that my sidewalk area may not always be completely free of snow and ice should accumulate happen when the child care is open.

When this happens, I expect parents to not only wear proper footwear but also take caution on snow/ice covered walkways so that falls do not occur.

If at any time you feel that the walking areas are not safe, you are welcome to grab a shovel and pitch in! Winter is tough for everyone so when everyone works together, winter can be manageable and safe for all!

amberrose3dg 07:30 AM 01-28-2019
When this type of thing happens, I would make a point of addressing the parent's role/responsibility in this.

Parents ~ I will do my best to provide a safe, clean walk area while maintaining proper supervision for my daycare children.

Parents must understand that the children's safety is my priority and that my sidewalk area may not always be completely free of snow and ice should accumulate happen when the child care is open.

When this happens, I expect parents to not only wear proper footwear but also take caution on snow/ice covered walkways so that falls do not occur.

If at any time you feel that the walking areas are not safe, you are welcome to grab a shovel and pitch in! Winter is tough for everyone so when everyone works together, winter can be manageable and safe for all!
This! or you can tell them to stay home.
Josiegirl 09:41 AM 01-28-2019

I need to do this!!! Nobody has complained and I have a couple(definitely have some awesome dcps!) that do grab a shovel and do the sidewalk to the road. Another said not to worry about it because they can hop the snow. They should understand we can't always just whiz out the door to shovel.
Josiegirl 09:42 AM 01-28-2019
And I'm always amazed at how many don't wear appropriate snow footwear.
littlefriends 04:39 PM 01-28-2019
Drop off this am dcm says “dcb had a really busy weekend, had a lot of garbage food at 4 different bday parties and we were in the car a lot. Let me know if he complains at all, I can come get him if I need to.” So I specifically asked if he’d had anything happen symptom wise and she answers no. I’m not kidding you this kid is at my house no more than 20 minutes and literally explodes diarrhea all over himself, his clothes, and my bathroom floor!! I was so pi***d. SERIOUSLY?!?!
BumbleBee 04:54 PM 01-28-2019
Had a parent complain about my driveway during an ice storm last week. I point blank looked at his foot wear (tennis shoes) and told him to try boots next time.

Then for the next 3 days I sent him fyi's that the driveway was sanded, salted and slippery so please be careful.
springv 07:13 PM 01-28-2019
We have a sign on our door at our center that specifically reads " Please sign your child in\out DAILY (it is a DHR requirement)" Parents read it but do they do it? all do but ONE parent.
Our assistant manger had to literally track EVERY parent down today to make sure they signed their child in\out before DHR shows up.( if they ever do). It's the 28th and they still haven't showed up....
amberrose3dg 03:31 AM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by littlefriends:
Drop off this am dcm says “dcb had a really busy weekend, had a lot of garbage food at 4 different bday parties and we were in the car a lot. Let me know if he complains at all, I can come get him if I need to.” So I specifically asked if he’d had anything happen symptom wise and she answers no. I’m not kidding you this kid is at my house no more than 20 minutes and literally explodes diarrhea all over himself, his clothes, and my bathroom floor!! I was so pi***d. SERIOUSLY?!?!
Yeah she knew he was sick. I would prob term over that! parents ugh
BumbleBee 06:16 PM 01-31-2019
Frost-nipped my fingers over the last 3 days. I hate frost nip. I know it could be way worse, but I'm grumping about it here then moving on.
Ac114 05:45 AM 02-01-2019
We’re on a level 1 snow emergency (should really be a level 2) I have already shoveled the driveway twice and it’s covered again. Cars are all over the freeway!

Not a single parent has cancelled today. I understand they paid for the spot but at some point you have to use common sense and keep your children home. After this winter I need to re-evaluate how I operate during snow emergencies etc.
Ms.Kay 06:10 AM 02-01-2019
We’re on a level 1 snow emergency (should really be a level 2) I have already shoveled the driveway twice and it’s covered again. Cars are all over the freeway!

Not a single parent has cancelled today. I understand they paid for the spot but at some point you have to use common sense and keep your children home. After this winter I need to re-evaluate how I operate during snow emergencies etc.
Im doing the same thing this year. Its totally ridiculous you put the safety of your children at risk....so.you can go back home. Blows my mind.
Blackcat31 06:22 AM 02-01-2019

Attached: thumbnail_Image-11.jpg (125.1 KB) 
Ac114 06:25 AM 02-01-2019
I love this meme!!!
amberrose3dg 03:31 AM 02-04-2019
I love this meme!!!
I close when the school does. That way parents are forced to use required common sense.
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59  ... Last
Reply Up