Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Why Must People Call Me At Nap Time?
youretooloud 02:12 PM 03-21-2011
Then, they say "Oh, it's nap time, the kids are probably sleeping".

Have you ever noticed that the UPS guy ONLY comes by at nap time?
Lucy 02:17 PM 03-21-2011
When I was watching a boy I no longer have, and he was from 10 months to 12 months, the garbage truck driver used to take a 10 min break on the side of my house (I live on a corner and my nap room has a window on that side), and he would leave his truck running. If it was hot out, he'd have the windows open and the radio cranked up. This little boy would wake up EVERY time. Finally after several weeks of this, I called the sanitation company and apparently he got in trouble because he never did it again!
DBug 03:48 PM 03-21-2011
I have friends that must be thinking "Oh, it's naptime -- she'll be free to talk for an hour or two" . Yeah, cuz I don't have curriculum to prep, dishes to do, lunch to eat, floors to wash, and SA's to keep quiet so that the sleeping babies and toddlers can actually stay asleep.

They started to get the idea when I started answering the phone in a whisper .
MARSTELAC 05:48 AM 03-22-2011
That's so funny! And true!!!! I hang a sign on my front door that says kids are resting/napping, please don't ring the bell. And yes, the UPS/FedEx guy/Mailman, always arrive during nap. I ended up getting a PO box because the mailboxes are on the house and my dogs would go nuts with the mailman and wake everyone up. The big trucks (UPS/FedEx) I hear and run to the door before the dogs are alerted to them. Some of my dcps like to call during nap to check up on little junior (after 2 plus years this is quite annoying).
MissAnn 06:01 AM 03-22-2011
Originally Posted by youretooloud:

Have you ever noticed that the UPS guy ONLY comes by at nap time?
UPS came yesterday during nap......but I was very excited by what he brought! A new table for the daycare.

My UPS man just knocks and that helps
e.j. 10:20 AM 03-22-2011
Originally Posted by youretooloud:
If it's someone who should know better than to call during naptime, my response is usually, "Not anymore!"

My SIL tends to call during naptime looking for my husband even though she knows he's at work. She apologizes for waking the kids everytime she calls but she's been doing it for years and continues to do it, so really, how sorry is she? The thing that drives me craziest is that she'll whisper her message to me - as if that makes a difference! Thanks for the chance to vent!
AnythingsPossible 01:01 PM 03-22-2011
Hang a sign on your door that says;
Daycare Kids Napping...You Wake Them, You Take Them!!!!!!!!
daycare 02:14 PM 03-22-2011
Originally Posted by AnythingsPossible:
Hang a sign on your door that says;
Daycare Kids Napping...You Wake Them, You Take Them!!!!!!!!
lmao this is super funny!!
countrymom 03:30 PM 03-22-2011
I don't have people calling me at nap time, its nice to have human voices talk to me, but what I can't stand is the telamarketers that love to call at that time and its always long distance rings, its so annoying
momatheart 05:54 PM 03-22-2011
Originally Posted by DBug:
I have friends that must be thinking "Oh, it's naptime -- she'll be free to talk for an hour or two" . Yeah, cuz I don't have curriculum to prep, dishes to do, lunch to eat, floors to wash, and SA's to keep quiet so that the sleeping babies and toddlers can actually stay asleep.

They started to get the idea when I started answering the phone in a whisper .

You forgot to include and enjoying some peace and quiet

I love that DAYCARE KIDS NAPPING. . .YOU WAKE EM, YOU TAKE EM!
Tags:nap time - disruptions, naptime visits, parents - that phone, parents enter unannounced
Reply Up