Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Currently Unlicensed Daycare
Unregistered 07:08 PM 10-06-2016
My daycare provider (friend of friend) watches my daughter's but I will be pulling them out after tomorrow. I realized this lady is very unfit to be caring for other people's children. She is currently in the process of getting her license... is there a way for me to report her or something so that she is unable to get her license ?
spedmommy4 07:28 PM 10-06-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
My daycare provider (friend of friend) watches my daughter's but I will be pulling them out after tomorrow. I realized this lady is very unfit to be caring for other people's children. She is currently in the process of getting her license... is there a way for me to report her or something so that she is unable to get her license ?
It depends on your state, what your concerns, are and whether or not she's in violation of any licensing laws. For example, if she is caring for too many kids without a license, that could be reportable to licensing. If she is operating license exempt legally, she wouldn't be subject to following licensing rules.

However, if you have concerns about her harming children, that would be reportable to DHS.
AmyKidsCo 08:09 PM 10-06-2016
If you have concerns I'd report her to DHS or whoever oversees licensed child care programs in your state.
sahm1225 08:22 PM 10-06-2016
I'm sorry, but if she's so unfit, why are you taking your daughter to Her tomorrow?
Unregistered 08:23 PM 10-06-2016
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
I'm sorry, but if she's so unfit, why are you taking your daughter to Her tomorrow?
I was about to say the same thing
Blackcat31 06:00 AM 10-07-2016
You can report her to your area or state's DHS department.

The same department that she can report you to for endangering your children for leaving them with someone you feel is unfit to provide care for other people's children.

You can find that info here by clicking on your state.
Meeko 06:18 AM 10-07-2016
What kind of mother takes her child to a person she believes is unfit to watch the child...even for five minutes???? You will pull her AFTER today???
Reply Up