Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Doing Anything Special for Easter?
Josiegirl 03:59 PM 04-03-2019
What do you all do with your group? Any crafts or activities? Special snacks? Do you give them goodies or books or baskets for Easter?
I used to do so much. I just don't have it in me anymore. But being the last holiday I'll celebrate with the dcks, I'd like to do *something*.
Any suggestions?
springv 04:36 PM 04-03-2019
We do an Easter egg hunt and all the parents by ting special, snacks to share
Michael 06:44 PM 04-03-2019
Here is another thread on Easter Crafts: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85927
Blackcat31 06:30 AM 04-04-2019
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. This year is a no.

I have too many things going on right now to stress or plan for a holiday that has become so commercialized that I cringe at the thought of it.

Plus it falls on a weekend and I don't work weekends so this is one holiday the parents can manage on their time.

I do plan on making sure to send the obligatory "DO NOT send your kid back to daycare with a candy hangover from the holiday" letter though....

I am NOT dealing with the fall out of too much candy AND boiled eggs.
rosieteddy 06:46 AM 04-04-2019
My go to for Easter was always basic.We would color paper eggs ,make a basket on a bigger paper.The basket was strips of colored construction paper or just torn up pieces .Depending on the age they just glued it to the drawn basket.Then if I was very ambitious I had some of the fake grass .They glued that and then glued the eggs onto it .I would print Happy Easter or Happy Spring.This would be the weeks activity .One day color eggs ,next day make basket 3rd day glue grass and eggs onto basket ect.The last day we made bunny hats a strap around their head with the colored Ears attached staples with tape over.I usually put them together at nap.Then we had a "easter snack"store bought cookies with "spring milk"(tiny bit of strawberry or choc)or pink juice.Parents seemed to want something sent home.They did look pretty cute with their bunny ears on at pick up.
Cat Herder 06:46 AM 04-04-2019
I have always done a big decorated party with an Easter Egg hunt and a Christan Themed Heirloom craft and lesson plan. Lot's of cute pastel photos and go home baskets with small goodies and gifts for each child.

This year I don't have to as the schools changed their Spring Break to that week and I will be closed. I did not even realize the amount of time and cost this simple schedule change would save me. I am also happy because last years weather wreaked havoc on my lawn and landscaping, with several dead evergreens needing replaced $$$ and the photos would not have been up to par with previous years.

It's the parents' turn, I suppose. I believe the school plans to keep this schedule for the next 5 years. Other than having to reschedule my annual vacation, I think I am going to like this change.
LittleExplorers 08:32 AM 04-04-2019
We might have a fun snack and maybe paint something egg shaped but that is it. As a society, I think we have too much stuff. Kids will get things from mom, dad, aunts, uncles or grandparents, maybe even all of them.
sharlan 09:02 AM 04-04-2019
I'm not doing anything. I am in shut down mode.
Ariana 09:08 AM 04-04-2019
I always bring out the fake farm fresh eggs I have for the kitchen area and the Easter baskets for fun. I also set up my water table/sensory table with shredded paper and those plastic Easter eggs you can break open and put things in.

That’s it! I am going to start it next week. Then I have 4 days off
littlefriends 11:49 AM 04-04-2019
I usually dye eggs with them and do a craft of some kind on that Friday before Easter but I’m not doing anything this year. I’ve really been battling some winter blues this year. It’s been a long winter for me and it’s hard to make myself do more than just my typical day to day tasks.
Jupadia 12:39 PM 04-04-2019
I do a cookie or mini cupcake decorating leading up to Easter. I will also on the Thursday serve pizza for lunch (treat lunch). I am planning to send an dollor store Easter cracker home, sticker sheet, breakable eggs with cereal or other dry snack in them.

The kids will play with eggs all week (the plastic ones) I'll bring them out in egg cartons for the kids.

Once that's done I'm closed from Friday to Monday and reopen the Tuesday. So looking forward to a long weekend.
flying_babyb 05:41 PM 04-04-2019
Im off Thursday and Friday. I was at Walmart last night and splurged on a bag of Easter grass (the paper stuff cause it can be tossed in the composter) and two of those magic towels. So we will have sensory play with grass and some farm toys, and then grow some magic towels while we play in water. 7 1 year olds and a 6 month old, this should be interesting
AmyKidsCo 01:35 PM 04-08-2019
I'm closed Good Friday and Easter Monday so I don't do anything special. But our monthly theme is Bunnies/Easter so we kind of celebrate all month.
My3cents 09:37 AM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by littlefriends:
I usually dye eggs with them and do a craft of some kind on that Friday before Easter but I’m not doing anything this year. I’ve really been battling some winter blues this year. It’s been a long winter for me and it’s hard to make myself do more than just my typical day to day tasks.
I hear you!!!

but..... it's not about you, it is about the kids and maybe doing those things is just what you need to snap out of the dundrums of the winter blues and kick start your better weather to come. I know the kids need it.

Anywhoooo..... have not been on to post in a while, but jumped on to see what everyone was doing for Easter with the kiddo's. In need of some different simple ideas. I know Pinterest is a great place to find ideas but sometimes I like to find ideas here from peer peeps that have their hands in the daily daily.
3Cents
Mom2Two 11:23 AM 04-17-2019
I got out the plastic eggs today, but it's still very wet and muddy out after a week of rain, so I'll probably leave the hunt for another day or just do a hunt inside.

If I do it outside, I don't think I'll put candy in them--something else maybe.

I like to use my Silhouette to cut shapes for preschool stuff, so I'll do a bunch of Easter shapes for the older kids to do letters/numbers and the littles to paste.
knoxmomof2 04:25 AM 04-18-2019
I have at least 1 kiddo out Friday so far, so we're celebrating today. Easter Egg hunt for the big guys during AM nap, pizza for lunch and cupcakes for dessert. I thought about doing an Easter Egg coloring printout as well, but it's supposed to be beautiful today, so not going to bother. We'll be outside! ☀️
Msdunny 05:26 AM 04-20-2019
I know I missed the cut off for really helping with this, but...

I was closed Friday, so on Thursday we did a color by number easter egg, had iced cookies, and did an Easter egg hunt just because I think kids hunting eggs is fun!
Michael 10:57 AM 04-20-2019
Originally Posted by Msdunny:
I know I missed the cut off for really helping with this, but...

I was closed Friday, so on Thursday we did a color by number easter egg, had iced cookies, and did an Easter egg hunt just because I think kids hunting eggs is fun!
My adult children asked if we could have an Easter egg hunt this year. They had always enjoyed it as kids so I thought, why not?
Tags:easter - activities, easter crafts
Reply Up