Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Girl Toys
momofthree 12:14 PM 11-14-2011
I have five girls between 12months 18 months.

Any suggestion what are the best toys for them at this age?

I have a kitchen, legos, two dolls, sensory balls.

I find they rarely play with anything.
Cat Herder 12:16 PM 11-14-2011
Big yelllow and green tonka trucks....

At least here, anyway. I think they (some) get burnt out on pink VERY early.

Oh, and anything they can stack up high. Blocks, card board bricks, etc....
Christian Mother 12:18 PM 11-14-2011
Little People...my dd loved the family doll house one and played with it all the time. Anything little people is a hit with both girls and boys. Also, big barbie cars. Don't ask me why...for some reason boys and girls really like to just play with that then barbies. As they girls get older between 3-4 yrs old barbie start being a must. Baby dolls and furniture. Etch a Sketch...those are what I can name off my head..
SilverSabre25 12:24 PM 11-14-2011
I find that age rarely play with anything regardless of gender. Not playing as adults recognize it anyway.

Fill-and-dump toys, bags they can fill with smaller toys and tote around.

Cozy Coupe (yep inside, it's fun!)

those small letter blocks

shape sorters
Meyou 12:26 PM 11-14-2011
Anything big and clunky with wheels that they can put stuff in.

Favorites here are the big tractor with wagon and the big van with horse trailer.
mommiesherie 12:43 PM 11-14-2011
Dolls with blankets and bottles to pretend with either real or toy. Doll strollers also good for the toddlers to hang onto and walk. Little ride on toys. Balls are great. Dishes and cus for pretend. Hats and dress up clothes are a big hit. I agree with the cars also. They love cars boys and girls. Mega blocks and I have old cordless phones that no longer work. They loooove the phones. They pack them up in little purses and carry them around pretending to talk. What a fun age!!! I would loooove to have little girls this age in my day care!
Unregistered 01:22 PM 11-14-2011
play kitchen. they may begin to play with it and it should grow with them for a while. My DD is 17 months and is starting to "pretend" to pour herself bowls of cereal, stir things in pots, etc so that is what we're planning to get her for xmas
cheerfuldom 01:23 PM 11-14-2011
Baby doll stuff, doll house, playhouse, dress up. That age does just tend to wander around. They are still learning how to play
SilverSabre25 01:39 PM 11-14-2011
Seems that the Fisher Price Peek-A-Blocks are a hit at many ages, but that one especially.
misspollywog 01:48 PM 11-14-2011
Anything ponies! Girls always seem to love horses, don't know why but I'm guilty of it too (which is why I collect real live ones now haha).

Also, dress up stuff. Lots of hats and shoes seem to keep my dcg entertained for hours.
busymommy0420 03:25 PM 11-14-2011
I watch 5 girls ages 2,2,2,3 & 5 and the number one item is our dinosaurs, we have around 100 from tiny to large. We also have baby dolls, zoo animals, legos, tea party set, kitchen and all the supplies and 4 strollers. The strollers are important here too. We have musical toys and for our gross motor we do the parachute and crawl tube at least once a day.

~B
Mommy to four ages 15,11,2,2
Daycare Friend to five ages 10,5,4,3,2

Tags:girls, toys, toys - girls
Reply Up