Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Toys Always Being Placed On Heater Vents
littlemommy 08:13 AM 12-20-2011
I remind the kids every single day not to put toys on the vents. We have the flat floor vents that are easy to cover up. The ones that do it are old enough to understand. I can't put furniture in front of them..that would be worse than toys! Any ideas?
JenNJ 08:46 AM 12-20-2011
Paint shoeboxes red and use tape to affix them around the vents. Or use blue painters tape on the floor to make a "no-no zone" around the vents. Make a rule that no toys are to be near the "no-no zones."
meganlavonnesmommy 09:04 AM 12-20-2011
Start taking away the toys that they leave on the vent. If they cant learn to not put them there, then take them away.
Once they learn that their favorite toys are being taken away, they will learn to not leave them out.

Not sure if this will work, it depends on the age of the children.
I wouldnt put anything over them, you need that air flow and heat to come out of the vent.
SilverSabre25 09:09 AM 12-20-2011
Originally Posted by meganlavonnesmommy:
Start taking away the toys that they leave on the vent. If they cant learn to not put them there, then take them away.
Once they learn that their favorite toys are being taken away, they will learn to not leave them out.

Not sure if this will work, it depends on the age of the children.
I wouldnt put anything over them, you need that air flow and heat to come out of the vent.
I think you would cut the bottom out of the shoebox, so there's still airflow but you have a "wall" around the vent, so to speak.
JenNJ 09:13 AM 12-20-2011
Yes, I did mean to say to cut out the bottom of the box. Sorry!
melskids 09:21 AM 12-20-2011
Originally Posted by JenNJ:
Yes, I did mean to say to cut out the bottom of the box. Sorry!
mine would just dump stuff IN TO the box then!
littlemommy 09:55 AM 12-20-2011
I may have to try the box thing. Or just rearrange the room and put those toys on the other side. It's such a hassle moving things off the vent every time the heat kicks on!!
mac60 10:02 AM 12-20-2011
Since I put laminate flooring down, I am having problems with the kids pushing the furniture against the wall and covering up the floor vents. They have been told over and over and over. Still continue to do it. I now have told them do NOT touch the furniture and that includes leaning against it. It is frustrating, why do they have to......u g g
Sugar Magnolia 10:52 AM 12-20-2011
What's a heater? Lol! Sorry, couldn't resist. I'm still rocking the air conditioning and have fake sprayed on snow. Lol! Sorry I'm not very helpful!
Tags:toy - destroy, toys
Reply Up