Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help Me With My Playground
butterfly 11:18 AM 05-06-2014
I need some ideas for other equipment other than swing sets. I have an older A frame swing set I'm giving away. (I don't believe it's safe enough for a daycare setting anymore)

I have a sand box, playhouse, kid's picnic table, balls, ride on toys, etc but I'm looking for other equipment. Like a climber or teeter totter or something else.

I have a few kids that continue to walk into the swings, so I'm not sure I want to go back to a swing set again.

If I go with a climber, I don't want something with a lot of height due to potential fall injuries...

I need some ideas. Whatcha got?
sarah33 12:04 PM 05-06-2014
I have the large Step 2 playset that has two swings, a glider, clubhouse, basketball hoop, slide and rope ladder (that satisfies the kids who like to swing, the older ones who want to play sports, the daredevils who want to climb and the imaginative ones who want to play fort, etc.) I also have the roller coaster that is a huge hit for all the kids!
SilverSabre25 12:05 PM 05-06-2014
dome climber

I want one soooo much.
butterfly 12:07 PM 05-06-2014
Originally Posted by sarah33:
I have the large Step 2 playset that has two swings, a glider, clubhouse, basketball hoop, slide and rope ladder (that satisfies the kids who like to swing, the older ones who want to play sports, the daredevils who want to climb and the imaginative ones who want to play fort, etc.) I also have the roller coaster that is a huge hit for all the kids!
how old can the kids be and still swing on it?
SignMeUp 12:09 PM 05-06-2014
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
dome climber

I want one soooo much.
Had one of these for many years. Kids loved it. Licensing hated it. They said each triangle was a possible entrapment area.

The park had the same one
butterfly 12:09 PM 05-06-2014
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
dome climber

I want one soooo much.
I looked at those too... I was worried about falls. ??
melilley 12:51 PM 05-06-2014
I have this:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Little-Tik...y-Gym/13017780
The kids love it, even my 3 yo dcg!

I also have a Little Tykes climber with two slides and two mountain walls. But I do have to put ground covering under the taller slide.

I really want some sort of teeter totter though!

What ages do you have?
LoraJenkins 10:39 AM 05-07-2014
I have the Step 2 8 in 1 climber. Its pretty low to the ground and all ages love it. Same with the Step 2 roller coaster.
butterfly 11:00 AM 05-07-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
I have this:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Little-Tik...y-Gym/13017780
The kids love it, even my 3 yo dcg!

I also have a Little Tykes climber with two slides and two mountain walls. But I do have to put ground covering under the taller slide.

I really want some sort of teeter totter though!

What ages do you have?
I have 12 kids - ages 0 to 9 yrs. I'm looking for something to satisfy the 2-5 yr old range. I don't have the other ages long enough to really worry about them.
Originally Posted by LoraJenkins:
I have the Step 2 8 in 1 climber. Its pretty low to the ground and all ages love it. Same with the Step 2 roller coaster.
I was looking at the 8 in 1 climber today. It looks like the best value for what you get - for what I've found so far.

I just found out today, that I may qualify for a playground grant. Now my purse straps are loosening up a bit...

I really appreciate the replies! Thank you! Keep the ideas coming if you can. I'm excited about the possibility of being able to spend some grant money on this stuff. I want something that's going to last a LONG time. I HATE shopping, so hopefully I don't have to do it again for a long time!!
countrymom 11:07 AM 05-07-2014
I have play house, slides, sandboxes--I think I posted a pic of my backyard. They love riding toys, esp. this tractor I have, they all fight for it.

now I love old school playground toys. That dome would be so great for my own kids, omg I can only imagine what my kids would do with that.
Familycare71 06:59 AM 05-08-2014
I had a teeter totter that also spun 360°. My kids LOVED it!! I returned it tho because in NY state I had to put a fall zone under it. Also required for those plastic alligator teeter totters
I got it at Walmart for about $125
I also have a tether ball- all ages love that too!
Reply Up