Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>*Sigh* Cost of Daycare
Josiegirl 03:56 PM 08-10-2014
If I ever hear anyone say child care providers make a lot of money, blah blah blah, I'll be happy to enlighten them.
I was down to 2 nap mats so have been bouncing back and forth between the cots or mats this year. My mats don't seem to last very long and some of them are just as pricy as cots. So I just ordered a set of 6 cots off amazon. Hopefully, they'll last until I retire.
midaycare 06:42 PM 08-10-2014
I spent 15K to open and will make 14K this year. Granted we had HUGE expenses, such as needing a retaining wall in child care area and also a fenced in area for the kiddos. But ... yeah, I'm not rich.

I also just opened this year, so I haven't been open a full year, and it took awhile for me to get my mojo. But this is not a job for me to get rich.
Michael 08:41 PM 08-10-2014
Some other threads on the costs of doing daycare:

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...+of+child+care

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...=daycare+costs
daycarediva 03:29 AM 08-11-2014
My mats have worn out TWICE since I have been open here (4 years!). I got generics the first time and the 2" thick, larger/preschool size, higher ML kindermats the second. I have only had the kindermats a year and they are splitting on the sides. UGH! I am buying cots & sheets next month.
Unregistered 06:08 AM 08-11-2014
The last time I replaced all of mine, I seriously considered requiring parents to buy one as part of enrollment. Then if theirs needs replacing, they would also cover that cost.
kathiemarie 07:19 AM 08-11-2014
I wait until mats go on clearance after school starts to buy mine. I got 6 last year for $4 each and 6 more for $2.37 each. They are the kindermats from Target. I find they last 2 to 3 years but for that price I don't care if I have to replace them. They fold up and fit in a coffee table/trunk I have.
MyAngels 07:35 AM 08-11-2014
I bought my cots used about 15 years ago, and they're still in perfect shape. Well worth every penny I spent IMO.
Second Home 10:29 AM 08-11-2014
I was lucky to be given 6 cots with sheets when my Mom closed her daycare .
She had them for years and I have had them for 6 years and they are good as new
crazydaycarelady 12:45 PM 08-11-2014
I bought cots but hated those things! They were hard to maneuver, store, and take apart.
Dilley Beans 02:14 PM 08-11-2014
I have found some really nice prices on crib mattresses on Craig's List. I've been able to barter for some too. I don't like the idea of mats, not soft enough. I don't know how long they will last though.
Unregistered 02:19 PM 08-11-2014
I've had the same cots for over ten years.Love them! The wimpy shets that go on them,not so much.I have to sew them all the time!
Josiegirl 03:31 PM 08-11-2014
Do you *have* to use sheets on the cots?
Tags:cost of child care, daycare costs
Reply Up