Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>State Regs - Bah!
KIDZRMYBIZ 11:28 AM 04-02-2015
How embarrassing. I got a certified letter today from the licensure unit. What a waste of taxpayer money (postage was $6.48).

I got a notice of disciplinary action because I didn't fax my proof of liability insurance...again. I did when I first got it last summer (new reg), and was real crabby and called when I got the first notice. They didn't care that their office misplaced it, and I knew I was supposed to fax another. I didn't.

It just annoys me so much, that now even though my caseworker has to check my paperwork for that AND my in-service hours, I will have to fax or scan/email copies to two different offices for each. I still need to send the service hours, as my caseworker was here 3 weeks ago.

I will work on it today and tomorrow. I do not want another certified letter. I hate to think what my maillady will think is going on here!!!
grandmom 02:44 PM 04-02-2015
Can you email it? Then when they loose it next time, forward the last email.
Sunshine74 09:32 PM 04-02-2015
Originally Posted by KIDZRMYBIZ:
How embarrassing. I got a certified letter today from the licensure unit. What a waste of taxpayer money (postage was $6.48).

I got a notice of disciplinary action because I didn't fax my proof of liability insurance...again. I did when I first got it last summer (new reg), and was real crabby and called when I got the first notice. They didn't care that their office misplaced it, and I knew I was supposed to fax another. I didn't.

It just annoys me so much, that now even though my caseworker has to check my paperwork for that AND my in-service hours, I will have to fax or scan/email copies to two different offices for each. I still need to send the service hours, as my caseworker was here 3 weeks ago.

I will work on it today and tomorrow. I do not want another certified letter. I hate to think what my maillady will think is going on here!!!
I'm sorry you're going through this. I don't really have advice, but I can sympathize. Our center had so much trouble with the county claiming they didn't get certain paperwork when we knew it was sent, that we now go through a delivery service who hand delivers it to the office it is supposed to go to- with a signature upon delivery.
Thriftylady 07:14 AM 04-03-2015
If you go to a place like staples to fax it, I think you get a sheet that confirms it was sent. Maybe try that.
Annalee 09:29 AM 04-03-2015
Originally Posted by Sunshine74:
I'm sorry you're going through this. I don't really have advice, but I can sympathize. Our center had so much trouble with the county claiming they didn't get certain paperwork when we knew it was sent, that we now go through a delivery service who hand delivers it to the office it is supposed to go to- with a signature upon delivery.
I certify everything I send to the state....I like having a receipt in for issues like this!
KIDZRMYBIZ 11:48 AM 04-03-2015
Thanks to all of you. I can e-mail the service hours, which I will because it costs me nothing other than time (and I will have proof). For the other, it has to be faxed or mailed, so I think I may send it certified mail myself. What a PITA. If the state caseworker has to check this paperwork, I think that should be good enough. Sometimes I think the state is just trying to annoy us out of our daycare businesses!
Reply Up