Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 13 53 61 62 63
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
284878 09:18 AM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Why would a nyone need a provider either virtually or in person?? How are they suppose to watch children if they are doing it through the computer screen???
Their reply was about finding a provider to tour with this week. Either a virtual tour or in person. Since I could not tour on the days they wanted me to.
CenterTeacher20 08:00 AM 02-23-2021
I'm just tired this week. Burnout is r-e-a-l.
284878 09:18 AM 02-23-2021
Dcm that I gave two weeks notice to, drops off this morning and says they are going to pick up early because they are going to meet with the new provider....awkward. But I guess it is to be expected.
Unregistered 01:50 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by 284878:
Their reply was about finding a provider to tour with this week. Either a virtual tour or in person. Since I could not tour on the days they wanted me to.
Oh ok, guess I misread your statement
Josiegirl 02:58 AM 02-24-2021
Dcm that I gave two weeks notice to, drops off this morning and says they are going to pick up early because they are going to meet with the new provider....awkward. But I guess it is to be expected.
Yeh, you get to that point where you just want it over with already. But hopefully you'll find relief at the end.
284878 11:34 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Yeh, you get to that point where you just want it over with already. But hopefully you'll find relief at the end.
Dear DCB

Sometimes I start questioning my decision to term you but then you remind me by keeping me hostage in my living room during nap time. Thank you very much for the reminder, only one day left before I can get my quite naptimes back. Good luck with your new provider.
Cat Herder 05:48 AM 02-25-2021
I am noticing a trend, here. 3 years going.

My *boy moms turn in paperwork & requested supplies, read notices and notify me of changes promptly and without need of reminders.

My *girl moms have to be reminded, hounded and occasionally threatened to do so.

Even the moms who have one of each. Boy is always covered, girl is left to wait or make due.

What is the deal?
gumdrops 09:45 AM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by CenterTeacher20:
Me Too! I think I get this way every year in February. I just remind myself that once the weather warms up, this job gets easier and everyone is happier!
Sunshine69 09:55 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by CenterTeacher20:
Agreed. IDK why it seems so much more difficult right now. Maybe it’s the Covid factor and everything having been closed in my area so there’s not much to do away from the home.

I was in Target a couple weeks ago and a toddler was having a tantrum in the cart. I simply couldn’t listen to it any longer and went to the other side of the store. It was like “Nope, I listen to this crap all week long. Not going to do it on weekends too.”

I’m taking a week off for the first time in five years this spring. Not going anywhere. Just will have my house to myself for a week. Can’t wait.
CenterTeacher20 08:21 AM 03-04-2021
This week has gone by so fast... how is it already Thursday? Not ~really~ complaining about it almost being the weekend, but I feel like I have accomplished like NOTHING this week.
Bluemoon5 11:58 AM 03-04-2021
I feel like I say "We don't play with the chairs" or "sit nice" or "you're going to fall if you keep doing that" or some variation on the theme CONSTANTLY all day. Today we were getting ready for lunch and as I was helping to wash hands dcb bounces in his chair and falls backwards, knocking his head on the floor. Nice big black and blue egg. I say these things because I don't want you to get hurt, not because I like the sound of my own voice! I just hate when my kids get hurt.
Sunshine69 01:21 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by Bluemoon5:
I feel like I say "We don't play with the chairs" or "sit nice" or "you're going to fall if you keep doing that" or some variation on the theme CONSTANTLY all day. Today we were getting ready for lunch and as I was helping to wash hands dcb bounces in his chair and falls backwards, knocking his head on the floor. Nice big black and blue egg. I say these things because I don't want you to get hurt, not because I like the sound of my own voice! I just hate when my kids get hurt.
Ugh!

I don’t know why they need to learn most everything the hard way. If it’s not the daycare kids, it’s our own kids.
Sunshine69 08:29 AM 03-15-2021
My first family of three arrived just after 7am this morning with 5y/o dcg wailing because it was cold outside and she wanted to stay home. Dcm waived and left while dcg plunked herself down in my entrance stairway bawling about her hands being cold. It was 10 degrees outside and 70 inside.

My second family of 3 arrived so I had to drag dcg, kicking and screaming, out of the stairway so they could safely enter.

First dcm sent me text apologizing for dropping off screaming child.

Third dcd dropped dcb off and informed me he forgot the kid’s pull-ups. Oh-well, he’s got 3 left. When I put the last one on, you’ll be getting a call to pick him up.

Ugh! I hate Mondays after daylight savings!!!
Cat Herder 02:22 PM 04-02-2021
"I am so sorry. I was on the cross at church and my replacement came late."

So, you were late picking up your kids from daycare because you were too busy virtue signaling for attention?

What would Jesus say?

Happy Easter, y'all.
e.j. 10:38 AM 04-04-2021
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
"I am so sorry. I was on the cross at church and my replacement came late."

So, you were late picking up your kids from daycare because you were too busy virtue signaling for attention?

What would Jesus say?

Happy Easter, y'all.
I bet there aren't too many of us who have heard that excuse! Just when you think you've heard it all, some inventive parent comes up with a new one! lol
CountryRoads 06:41 AM 04-06-2021
Why do schools schedule things for the middle of the day??

Ds program is in the afternoon, so now I've gotta close daycare for the day for an hour program.

BUT, I'm super thankful we get to go! Covid took away so much this school year, so I'm excited we get to attend this!
Annalee 08:12 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:

Ds program is in the afternoon, so now I've gotta close daycare for the day for an hour program.

BUT, I'm super thankful we get to go! Covid took away so much this school year, so I'm excited we get to attend this!
They do that here because parents would not bring their kids at night time. An entirely different generation/culture of parents
Jupadia 08:50 AM 04-06-2021

I get you. I had book off a day when my oldest had kindergarten graduation. But now I'm disappointed this year cause there is no little cap and gown pic or ceremony for my youngest (covid).
284878 07:09 PM 04-06-2021

Yes, be grateful that you get to go. We get nothing.

Originally Posted by Annalee:
They do that here because parents would not bring their kids at night time. An entirely different generation/culture of parents
That explains why they do this. When I started DC I thought I would be able to go to things and I found out when dd started school that I can not.
284878 07:25 PM 04-06-2021
I think I offended DCM.

Due to covid, the school keeps losing bus drivers and not replacing them. So routes keep changing. In January we got a new driver and she comes later than the other driver. I also started a DCB (that did not work out) that had to walk down to the bus stop, he would refuse to walk back up and we would not get back up in time for the next family to arrive.

So I said to dcm, the bus time has changed and we need to change your drop-off time by 5 minutes so I can get all the kids back to the house safely before you pull in. It should not be a problem since you normally come 6-8 minutes after the scheduled drop-off time, (she also would talk to me if she came on time). She gave me a look when I said that but she agreed to the change. (in the last month she has come 10-13 after the scheduled drop off time and still gets to work on time)

Just now she asked if they could go back to the normal time, "I know I'm normally late but I just wanted to check"
(Ironically the bus time is changing again after spring break.)

Did I offend her? I did not mean it as an insult, I was just pointing out that she already comes late anyways so there would not be any difference.
Blackcat31 06:07 AM 04-07-2021
I think I offended DCM.

Due to covid, the school keeps losing bus drivers and not replacing them. So routes keep changing. In January we got a new driver and she comes later than the other driver. I also started a DCB (that did not work out) that had to walk down to the bus stop, he would refuse to walk back up and we would not get back up in time for the next family to arrive.

So I said to dcm, the bus time has changed and we need to change your drop-off time by 5 minutes so I can get all the kids back to the house safely before you pull in. It should not be a problem since you normally come 6-8 minutes after the scheduled drop-off time, (she also would talk to me if she came on time). She gave me a look when I said that but she agreed to the change. (in the last month she has come 10-13 after the scheduled drop off time and still gets to work on time)

Just now she asked if they could go back to the normal time, "I know I'm normally late but I just wanted to check"
(Ironically the bus time is changing again after spring break.)

Did I offend her? I did not mean it as an insult, I was just pointing out that she already comes late anyways so there would not be any difference.
I wouldn't worry about it. You aren't in charge of the bus times. When I took school aged kids and needed to coordinate drop off times, I just TOLD parents this is the time I will/won't be available. I rarely if ever worried if it effected their time or not.

I would tell her you are available for her to drop off between X and Y times and leave it be. If she's late, that's on her. If she's early and you aren't there just yet... that's also on her. I'd offer up the times for parents and let them figure it out.

I wouldn't stress about whether or not the DCM is offended by any of what you said.

#Stating the facts
#Truth hurts
# If the shoe fits
gumdrops 05:35 AM 04-09-2021
18 month old came in today screaming cause she didn't get to open the door. I got her calmed down and DCM comments how her DD is so funny sometimes and she is the sweetest little girl. She hopes her personality never changes. I have considered terming because her behavior is so bad at times I think DCM is trying to convince me that I'm seeing things wrong
Annalee 06:43 AM 04-09-2021
some people......nothing surprises me anymore.....let's just leave it at that!!!!
Josiegirl 03:22 PM 04-17-2021
'Tis the tick season in New England again. DH just plucked 2 off my head this afternoon. Now I'm scratching like crazy.
e.j. 07:12 PM 04-18-2021
Ugh! I hope they hadn't attached themselves to you yet. I've heard it's supposed to be a bad year for them.
Gemma 09:53 AM 04-19-2021
Mandate masks for age 2 and up...give me a break!!!
Josiegirl 10:44 AM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by Gemma:
Mandate masks for age 2 and up...give me a break!!!
Obviously the people mandating masks don't have 2 yo.

How the heck.....?
I mean, parents can choose not to take them into public places(because you know they'll refuse to wear them) but parents NEED child care.

Good luck!
Gemma 11:00 AM 04-19-2021
My group is all 3yr and under, even if for some miracle the kids would agree to the masks, I can just imagine the drooling and runny nose discharge that would accumulate on those masks, how is that healthy?
Gross!!!
Gemma 11:02 AM 04-19-2021
Obviously the people mandating masks don't have 2 yo.

Good luck!
Thank you!
I don't know how much of this I can take! I might just call it!
Unregistered 11:06 AM 04-19-2021
Got on fb this morning and a girl I work with posted about something personal however, I was appalled at the language that was used within that post and also another girl I work with did the exact same thing. Hope the employers don't see it or the parents...
Blackcat31 12:32 PM 04-19-2021
Got on fb this morning and a girl I work with posted about something personal however, I was appalled at the language that was used within that post and also another girl I work with did the exact same thing. Hope the employers don't see it or the parents...
I am not a fan of FB in general but if it was about something personal and posted on the coworkers personal page, what does it have to do with work?
Unregistered 03:55 PM 04-19-2021
When I put a child's activity away in his bag, and all the activities from the past week are still in there :/
Unregistered 02:42 PM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I am not a fan of FB in general but if it was about something personal and posted on the coworkers personal page, what does it have to do with work?
No but to me, that doesn't seem very professional
Blackcat31 04:35 PM 04-20-2021
No but to me, that doesn't seem very professional
Exactly.
It’s not suppose to be professional
It was posted on her personal page.
Josiegirl 02:30 AM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Exactly.
It’s not suppose to be professional
It was posted on her personal page.
You're right; it is personal. BUT many have been fired for what they post personally. People have to be careful about their online presence because it usually comes back to haunt them in some way. Is it right? IDK but it happens. People are judged for so many things these days. And while it might be terribly wrong, if I was a parent of a young child, and saw some very questionable things about one of my child's providers, I'd think twice or keep my eyes open even more so on that person. But that's just me.
CeriBear 05:02 AM 04-24-2021
Have you ever had one of “those days?” Yesterday I did. Usually my class is pretty laid back and easy going but yesterday something changed. I had 6 kids out of 12 that did not nap and 4 of them were noisy and kept talking to each other. Before that I had a child who poured his milk onto another child’s plate and a child who threw a block across the room. And they were LOUD. Normally I have a pretty good tolerance for noise as long as everyone is having fun. I’d rather have a loud class than a class that is always fighting or whining but yesterday it was too much. Maybe it was because rain was on the way but when I got home I told my family that I think aliens had body switched with my 4yos.
Unregistered 06:39 AM 04-24-2021
I totally agree with ya'll about what is posted on someones personal page is personal however, if I were parent and I saw some of the things posted on fb with that type of language I would be very concerned.
Annalee 12:10 PM 04-24-2021
I totally agree with ya'll about what is posted on someones personal page is personal however, if I were parent and I saw some of the things posted on fb with that type of language I would be very concerned.
The problem is you and I and many others on here are in the minimal group. The ' new norm for the entitled millennialists' seems to have no boundaries and we live in a time where nothing can be said for fear of some sort of retaliation. Mom and I have been working on ourselves body language, stress levels, words spoken all week due to this change in culture. We have got to learn to move on better or we are going to go crazy! Not just daycare families but our own personal families. It's hard to deal with when there is no malice intent from those around us; it's just their way of dealing with their own life situations. My brother carried my sons to an ATV mud ride park last week and hes said my boys were the only persons not swearing or drinking. He said all were having a good time and no riots but the language was horrible from little kids to adults. He was concerned as it was done in such a casual way he said! Oh well, just my two cents.
CarryingOn 12:50 PM 04-28-2021
I wish there wasn't alway something with the parents I come into contact with.

Wanting to enroll but oop! she doesn't vaccinate her child. Not in this lifetime. It would be just my luck.

Wanting their child to attend but oop! they don't get paid until 2025. No! And don't ask in the first place.

Is it really that hard to send the child's doctor a health form to fill out? One that the state has required of me to have on hand?

Why, yes I can tell that you're trying to weasel out of paying the tuition for the days that you chose for your kids to attend now that you've realized I'm holding you to it. Maybe you should've thought about how you were going to pay childcare tuition for two children, before you had the second child.

You didn't know childcare wasn't free? How? My prices are too expensive but you want your child to be in care 40 hours a week at the least and you'd basically be paying under 5 dollars an hour when it's all broken down?
Unregistered 07:42 AM 04-29-2021
Just love when the kids get old enough to tell me that dad gave them medicine this morning :/
dolores 12:33 PM 04-29-2021
Just love when the kids get old enough to tell me that dad gave them medicine this morning :/
...and other things going on in their homes and family life
Unregistered 10:36 AM 05-03-2021
Logged out for privacy.

Why is it, that adults who work at a preschool building outside of the home are called teachers, but an adult who does in-home preschool is not considered a teacher?

I get so offended that I do the same, if not more, than the preschool that is offered here, but I don't get credit for it! When dcks go to preschool for 2 hours, it's "school", but when they come here, it's "Miss ******* house". I offer an amazing curriculum and put my own money back into my business all the time. It sucks to not get the recognition and just be known as a sitter. Just a pet peeve of mine and made me feel a little down today :/
Snowmom 03:18 PM 05-21-2021
Logged out for privacy.

Why is it, that adults who work at a preschool building outside of the home are called teachers, but an adult who does in-home preschool is not considered a teacher?

I get so offended that I do the same, if not more, than the preschool that is offered here, but I don't get credit for it! When dcks go to preschool for 2 hours, it's "school", but when they come here, it's "Miss ******* house". I offer an amazing curriculum and put my own money back into my business all the time. It sucks to not get the recognition and just be known as a sitter. Just a pet peeve of mine and made me feel a little down today :/
I hear ya. That's frustrating and definitely under appreciated.

Personally, I do WAY more than most preschools do in terms of school prep (social, emotional and academically). But I honestly am glad I don't have the label of teacher. It less pressuring when I want to have just a play day or switch things up.
I started out doing pretty minimal curriculum in the beginning. But in the past decade or so, there's a serious pressure to include more and more academics from both state and clientele. It's maddening really.
Cat Herder 05:12 AM 05-24-2021
I am offended that daycare providers are being forced into pretending to be teachers. Care providers are more valuable to a young childs development than a preschool "teacher" can ever be. Without that foundation, kids can't continue to grow and learn, they shut down. We do not have to be "teachers" to be an important part of these kids lives. Young children need caretakers and safe places to explore, not teachers.

I added a preschool curriculum because I was forced to by licensing. Kids get enough of that from age 5 on.... I wanted to provide care and a safe, fun place to spend the day full of healthy food, interesting toys and happy peers to learn from.

My step sisters and neices are teachers. They have masters degrees and earned the title teacher. Preschool is a made up concept that is entirely irrelevant by age 6. It has been proven so many times. What can't be replaced is good food, safety, a sense of belonging and mental health, the things that care provides. That is the foundation these kids need, not preschool.

Basic needs first, then school.
Josiegirl 08:06 AM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I am offended that daycare providers are being forced into pretending to be teachers. Care providers are more valuable to a young childs development than a preschool "teacher" can ever be. Without that foundation, kids can't continue to grow and learn, they shut down. We do not have to be "teachers" to be an important part of these kids lives. Young children need caretakers and safe places to explore, not teachers.

I added a preschool curriculum because I was forced to by licensing. Kids get enough of that from age 5 on.... I wanted to provide care and a safe, fun place to spend the day full of healthy food, interesting toys and happy peers to learn from.

My step sisters and neices are teachers. They have masters degrees and earned the title teacher. Preschool is a made up concept that is entirely irrelevant by age 6. It has been proven so many times. What can't be replaced is good food, safety, a sense of belonging and mental health, the things that care provides. That is the foundation these kids need, not preschool.

Basic needs first, then school.
Just reading this now CH but you said everything I've always felt, so eloquently. You need to be a spokesperson somewhere!! If every provider told their state legislature this and had dcparents send the word along, maybe it'd be a way to change things. But then, there's the free preschool issue. Another sign of thinking of costs taking priority of what's best for kids.
Cat Herder 09:32 AM 05-25-2021
Just reading this now CH but you said everything I've always felt, so eloquently. You need to be a spokesperson somewhere!! If every provider told their state legislature this and had dcparents send the word along, maybe it'd be a way to change things. But then, there's the free preschool issue. Another sign of thinking of costs taking priority of what's best for kids.
It is not even about the "free preschool". The state wants access to the funding that comes with "free" preschool. They feed off of it just like the money from the school system. They just see it as another income stream.

They will demand "quality" while we are footing the bill to push us out, then once they have it they will cut budgets and lower standards the same way they did with public schooling. Nothing new here but young voters who never learned the history of the education system and daycare. .
CarryingOn 08:01 PM 08-27-2021
Decided yesterday that I’m not accepting any new childcare subsidy vouchers in 2022. I also do not anticipate any new families who have them joining my daycare this year. Not saying it’s impossible but in my experience, chances are low.

It was always an idea I flirted with because, from the start, I highly disliked the idea of being paid after the fact. I only decided to accept vouchers to increase my chances of getting clients when I was first starting out. I didn’t want to pigeon hole myself.

But time has marched on and so has my daycare. I have improved it greatly. I’ve put in so much time, care, and money. And I still hate the idea of getting paid after the fact. I don’t feel like childcare subsidy families should be an exception to my policy.

It also hit me, I mean reallllly hit me, how ridiculous it is that the state puts the onus on daycares instead of families. You have to inform them when so and so was absent, you have to inform them when you’re closed, you have to possibly be audited. I’m not their employee. Why am I subjecting myself to this stuff? Especially when, if something happens, and the state doesn’t pay out for whatever reason, I’ll never recoup that money. Why is the responsibility falling on daycare owners?

Personally, I’m not against childcare subsidy itself but the state can give the money to the parents and find some way for them to prove that they used it for childcare.
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 13 53 61 62 63
Reply Up