Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Knee Replacement And Staying Open
Unregistered 10:57 AM 06-24-2018
I need a knee replacement and am beginning to plan for it. I hope to have it done on a Thurs/fri, close the next week , then open with a preapproved helper. I have no idea yet what to expect recovery wise. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Michael 06:05 PM 06-24-2018
Here is a helpful article: https://bonesmart.org/knee/recovery-...CAAEgKhLPD_BwE
amberrose3dg 04:09 AM 06-25-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I need a knee replacement and am beginning to plan for it. I hope to have it done on a Thurs/fri, close the next week , then open with a preapproved helper. I have no idea yet what to expect recovery wise. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
I am not sure your age or what kind of shape you are in. I just know it is a hard surgery to recover from when it comes to lifting kids and being able to keep up. If your helper is going to be doing most things while you supervise it probably be ok. If you need to still be able to move a lot I would be concerned. I would think it would take months to being back to normal.
Pandaluver21 01:28 PM 06-25-2018
I had foot surgery 2 years ago. Two weeks in bed, then 2 months non-weight bearing. I have a full time helper, so she just kind of took over for those 2-3 months. Once I was able to get out of bed, I would go sit with her and the kids and have my foot up, but I couldn't do anything to help for those 2-3 months. I could not have done it without her, absolutely not. If you trust your helper to take over, go for it... if you will need to still do a good chunk, you may have a hard time with that.
Unregistered 11:29 PM 08-07-2018
That is very unrealistic. You will probably be in too much pain to even supervise someone else. You will need someone to replace you for at least 2 months...
ellen211 11:45 PM 08-07-2018
I know this is a hard surgery. I hope you can recover well.
storybookending 08:07 AM 08-08-2018
I see this thread is a few months old but I would advise taking more than a week to recover. My grandma had a knee replacement and she said it was the worst pain of her life. So much so that she is refusing to do the other knee.
Vendrick 08:09 AM 07-11-2021
The recovery takes time. My grandma had foot surgery one month ago, and she still stays in bed.
Snuggly 12:45 PM 07-13-2021
I totally agree with you
Tags:knee replacement
Reply Up