Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Faucet Hack
dolores 10:11 AM 04-02-2021
Anyone use faucet extenders or have any ideas how the littles can turn faucet on/off themselves? Would take a lot off my back!

I found this on amazon but it looks flimsy . Looking for something durable.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...BUN9PVNM&psc=1
Unregistered 10:13 AM 04-02-2021
I put auto faucets on the spouts so the kids just have to wave their cups and hands under it. About 40.00 on Amazon, takes AA batteries
PB&J 10:53 AM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I put auto faucets on the spouts so the kids just have to wave their cups and hands under it. About 40.00 on Amazon, takes AA batteries
I second this. Easy to install, and only takes a wave of the hand. Auto shut off after a little bit of inactivity. Just warn your guests: a friend had her purse on the counter and it slipped into the sink...setting off the faucet! But that’s been the only issue we’ve had.
nanglgrl 01:36 PM 04-06-2021
I second or third the battery operated auto faucets. I bought one for the daycare space because of COVID. My only problem is that the only faucet that has one is the daycare bathroom in the basement and since I’m down there 1/2 the time and upstairs the rest of the time I constantly find myself waving my hands in front of the faucets upstairs and being temporarily confused as to why they aren’t working.
284878 04:22 PM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
I second or third the battery operated auto faucets. I bought one for the daycare space because of COVID. My only problem is that the only faucet that has one is the daycare bathroom in the basement and since I’m down there 1/2 the time and upstairs the rest of the time I constantly find myself waving my hands in front of the faucets upstairs and being temporarily confused as to why they aren’t working.
lol, I would do that too.

I have a commercial-type faucet. There is one lever that gets pushed on to turn on the water and it shuts itself off. The hot and cold are mixed together, so it is never too cold or hot. We installed this 5 years ago because I had a SA boy that kept leaving the faucet on.
Now when my kids want to play in the water, it takes more effort to keep the water on.
PB&J 04:45 PM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
We also have the garbage can that opens when you wave your hand in front of it. I’m completely broken; I look like a complete dork when I’m anywhere else but home!!
Pandaluver21 12:35 PM 04-07-2021
I would love to do auto faucets. Right now I just opt for a higher stool. We have a step ladder in front of the sink and even my youngest can reach the handles just fine. We do have a faucet extender, but I put that on all bathroom sinks because I hate how close they are to the back of the sink :P

Aponamed 05:35 AM 06-17-2021
Yes, installing them isn't a big deal at all!
Tags:faucet extender
Reply Up