Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Moving/Notice/New Families
Pandaluver21 09:01 PM 04-29-2021
So we just got notice that our landlord will not be giving us the option to renew. We have to be out by July 29th. I'm not sure how/when to let families know... especially new starting families.
Mostly, I want to wait to tell them until we know WHERE we are moving. For current families I think 2-4 weeks should be fine (as long as we stay somewhat close, I don't see any familes leaving)
However, what about new families? I have a family that will be finishing the school year with us (The month of May) then returning next school year (August 16th) We will be in the new place by the time they return, but not for the rest of this school year. Do I not say anything until it gets closer? Do I try to fill my two August spots without giving out an address? Blech I hate moving
e.j. 08:39 AM 04-30-2021
If it were me, I'd hold off telling any of the parents until I knew where I was moving to and had a signed lease. If I could afford it, I would hold off on trying to fill the August spots until after moving. As a parent, I wouldn't want to sign on with a provider without first being able to see where my child would be spending the day so I'd expect other parents might feel the same way. Having moved to our current home when my kids were young, I also wouldn't want to have to hold interviews while I was in the process of packing, moving boxes and doing day care all day while trying to keep the house spotless for unexpected showings and open houses. We knew where we were moving to and it was stressful enough without adding interviewing new families into the mix.

Good luck with your decision. I hope you find the perfect new home to do day care in and that it's close enough to your current home that your day care families can follow you there.
Pandaluver21 01:55 PM 05-06-2021
I completely forgot I posted this, and was rather sleep deprived at the time :P

We found a house right around the corner, praying we get it and have an easy move! I will let current parents know as soon as we know for sure. As far as waiting to interview, unfortunately we need to get at least one more family for finances. We are hoping to get this house and can tell potential familes that we will be right around the corner!
Pandaluver21 02:26 PM 05-06-2021
Oops! posted twice!
284878 03:33 PM 05-06-2021
Originally Posted by Pandaluver21:
Oops! posted twice!
Come join us at the new site

https://forum.daycare.com/forum
Pandaluver21 06:21 PM 05-06-2021
Originally Posted by 284878:
Come join us at the new site

https://forum.daycare.com/forum
I tried to sign up the other day and the page wouldn't load. I'll try again!
Michael 10:43 PM 05-06-2021
Originally Posted by Pandaluver21:
I tried to sign up the other day and the page wouldn't load. I'll try again!
That is the wrong address, just click on this address. https://forum.daycare.com

There is no /forum at the end of the new address.
Tags:moving, moving letter, notice of closure
Reply Up