Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do I Have to Allow Cell Phones? Indiana
daycare10 07:08 AM 06-02-2021
Two of my parents have told me they've been to state licensed daycares before & the providers told them that we have to allow cell phones if the parents want them to have it. I'm wondering why on Earth that would be mandatory?
Unregistered 07:40 AM 06-02-2021
I'm not sure what you mean....... that the children be allowed to carry cell phones while at daycare if the parents want them to? Or do you mean something else?
Cat Herder 08:03 AM 06-02-2021
It isn't true.
Cat Herder 08:13 AM 06-02-2021
I wanted to add that the risk of liability of the schoolagers taking inappropriate shots in the bathroom and sending them on is more than enough for me to ban them. No bags or toys from home in the classroom or playroom. Period.
284878 10:11 AM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
It isn't true.
I'm not in Indiana but I'm so glad to hear that that is not true. As CH pointed out in the next post, inappropriate pictures of the bathroom would be my first concern.
Cat Herder 10:25 AM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by 284878:
I'm not in Indiana but I'm so glad to hear that that is not true. As CH pointed out in the next post, inappropriate pictures of the bathroom would be my first concern.
Yep. It is not a prank or flirting anymore, it is a felony. Not all parents teach their kids the urgency of that fact. And although I agree the law should apply the rule of intent, right now it does not.

Internet use and cell phones are stuff of parental supervision, not mine. I am not tech-y enough to even risk it.
daycare10 05:08 AM 06-03-2021
Thank you!! Now i don't want to just straight up tell the parents no without any proof of it not being required for me to let them. Do you know where I could get something that states it's not required in Indiana?
Cat Herder 05:20 AM 06-03-2021
Originally Posted by daycare10:
Thank you!! Now i don't want to just straight up tell the parents no without any proof of it not being required for me to let them. Do you know where I could get something that states it's not required in Indiana?
I would not recommend you get in the habit of explaining yourself. No is enough. Simply tell them it isn't true and ask them to provide you with proof otherwise. They won't be able to. Then stick to your own policies.

Your free time will be completely wiped out if you stay in the habit of allowing them to disrupt your peace every time they come up with some loophole or story. Put the burden on them, be the leader in your own business or they will never respect you.
Tags:business management, cell phones, enforcing policies - consistency, leadership, parents - ask too much, risk management
Reply Up